rookie mistake tonight

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gerald strine

rookie mistake tonight

Post by gerald strine »

I went to practice tonight with my 350 le the 1st time since around the end of may when the hot weather set in, shooting slick trick broad heads at 30 yards off a card table and i forgot about not shooting twice at the same spot, well the first shot was a bull and the second shot I broke two blades one of of each broad head I shaved the blades off the first arrow with the second arrow breaking a blade on each no biggie i just practice with blades that have harvested deer in the past and I have replacements.
Got to love Excals since last fall all i have done to keep my bow in perfect shooting condition is put a twist in the string to adjust brace height and I am hitting a big match book size bull at 30 yards tonight with all ten shots i took.
Being able to do all required bow maintenance at home or in the field yourself is a HUGE reason to shoot recurve crossbows and Excals ar by far the best in this field.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Normous

Re: rookie mistake tonight

Post by Normous »

Congrats on the " gooder" shot.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Oops!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

My brother just got a bulldog 380 after having 2 Barnett pos crossbows and is amazed how a good solid metal quality crossbow shoots.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Couple nights ago I mounted a brand new scope to the rail, but somehow the shank of the screw was riding high in the weaver rail and it still allowed me to since it down.

First shot on a freshly made Zombie went low...real low, 21yards 340fps into a poured block foundation. Super awesome start.

Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

This is why I only shoot one arrow and go get it and shoot again . Used to shoot or more arrows but after breaking more arrows then I care to recall I shoot one . Doing it the other way got too expensive .
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

There is a reason why Excalibur sells arrows as well . With other bows you are less likely to hit them . :lol:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

hunter with MS wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:29 am
This is why I only shoot one arrow and go get it and shoot again . Used to shoot or more arrows but after breaking more arrows then I care to recall I shoot one . Doing it the other way got too expensive .
I do the same thing
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Buy some small 1" target dots, and then you can shot at multiple bulls-eyes. Helps you make a broad-head target last a bit longer too.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><