Re: Used Nightmare or new axe

Post by Boo »

xcaliber wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:54 pm
ComfyBear wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:51 pm
bigbowman wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:17 pm
I’d definitely buy the Nightmare! That’s a no brainer for me, that’s the best Micro that Excalibur has ever made! Good luck with whatever you buy!
"The best Micro that Excalibur has ever made!", is a matter of opinion. Just like, in my opinion, the Excalibur Exomag was the best Exo series that Excalibur ever made. Excalibur has made a lot of great crossbows, I suppose everyone has their favorite for reasons that are important to them.
I think it's the Vortex, but hey, that's my opinion! :lol: :lol:
Lou, we know the Axe is the best Micro though. :thumbup:
I second what Dan said! I have an Eclipse that hopefully I never shoot and I put together a Vortex. I can dry fire that sucker all day and all I have to do is find the string and the arrow I never put in :thumbup: If the SHTF, the Vortex is what I would take.
The bottom line is that the Micro 335 and the Axe performance wise are the same animal.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

janesy wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:26 pm
Carnivorous wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:12 pm
Nightmare rocks!

Your micro is taller than your Windsor corn! How are you going to feed the deer with those stocks? :lol: :lol:
Not to mention that shot is 1 1/2” high and 1/4” left jeez.
:roll:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
RobD

Post by RobD »

janesy wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:04 pm
I do think this is the micro that will attract the most long limbers that's for sure.
I don't know, I was attracted to the Micro 360 TD Pro.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
dithian

Post by dithian »

I own a 335 Nightmare, and I love pretty much everything about it. That said, I did just have to replace a splintered limb; not that it was a big deal. However, I think I would probably choose a new Axe over a used 335, and you can add on the extra accessories over time, if needed. My reasoning is partly the assumption that, being a newer design, it will have addressed old design issues. But then again, perhaps it has also introduced new design issues. My hesitation about buying a used bow is you never know it's history of abuse. I'm intrigued by Boo's observation above, and he certainly has the cred to back it up. Honestly, though, you can't go wrong either way.
Straight->Shooter

Post by Straight->Shooter »

Thanks to all for the input, decision was made once I handled the Axe, behind a computer I couldn’t comprehend why the axe had a msrp of 700(real tree with no silencing gear) and 750(dealer model with all the noise suppression and kryptic pattern).

Looked too good to be true or thought it would have a lesser quality feel. Turns out I t’s basically a suppressor model though... The shop owner said they were actually a little upset excal sent them those almost without notice to sell because it destroyed the price point on all the Excalibur bows on the rack by hundreds.

Trying to post pics of new axe but no luck, keeps sayin too large... anyways, she’s a real beaut
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

We all have our opinions n after ownin 3 Micro's includin the Nitemare. My choice would be to jus Axe it on out :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Boo wrote:I can dry fire that sucker all day and all I have to do is find the string and the arrow I never put in :thumbup: If the SHTF, the Vortex is what I would take.
I've owned a Vortex and it was sweet, but only after I exchanged the forward riser for a straight riser.

If we're going to debate the best Excalibur of all time, my vote goes to my Exomag. Of the 13 thirteen Excaliburs I've owned it's the only one that I've used that I was able to decapitate a grouse at 32 yards, and skewer a squirrel off-had at 55 yards. Of course I was younger then, and had a keener eye. :wink:

Unfortunately, I sold it. :eusa-doh: What was I thinking.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

ComfyBear wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:58 pm
I can dry fire that sucker all day and all I have to do is find the string and the arrow I never put in :thumbup: If the SHTF, the Vortex is what I would take.
I've owned a Vortex and it was sweet, but only after I exchanged the forward riser for a straight riser.

If we're going to debate the best Excalibur of all time, my vote goes to my Exomag. Of the 13 thirteen Excaliburs I've owned it's the only one that I've used that I was able to decapitate a grouse at 32 yards, and skewer a squirrel off-had at 55 yards. Of course I was younger then, and had a keener eye. :wink:

Unfortunately, I sold it. :eusa-doh: What was I thinking.
You didn't sell your keener eye! :lol: :lol:
Same for me Lou, regret selling that Vortex I had as well. I do miss my Gen. 1 Micro 355 too, but the Axe fills that void now. :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Nutten wrong wid the old Exomag, i had one. My arms were too short fer the stock to be comfortable. Vortex is a much better fit fer me but i have the Y 25 Relayer n its as long as the Exomag wid the wooden stock on it:( Great model it is too. Now lets get back to grindin the Axe up sharp. I think wid the front end built like it is. Try to not pull it down n no wear will occur on those spindles n the main frame bolt will stay tight n right. Wid it having REDS n ADF what more could you ask fer in a short compact crossbow. Heck if'en my Mrs. would not find out i would get get the Dealer model camo but not the pkg. As i have no use fer it, throw my red dot on it hold under over out to 40 yds. Tick toter killin machine of the best in class user friendly model.

Now movin into a 21' Rollin home there be no where at all to hide a 5th crossbow. If'en i could sell 2 of mine n put the Axe in a double rifle case hidden from the old woman i might stand a chance. Gettin one un-noticed is easy as she does not go to the P Office wid me nor snoops in my string room

https://postimg.cc/w3TZg3Rk]Image
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

nm335 all the way riser looks better cocks easier and mine shoots 343fps with a Flemish string. :thumbup:
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

vixenmaster wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:36 am
Nutten wrong wid the old Exomag, i had one. My arms were too short fer the stock to be comfortable. Vortex is a much better fit fer me but i have the Y 25 Relayer n its as long as the Exomag wid the wooden stock on it:( Great model it is too. Now lets get back to grindin the Axe up sharp. I think wid the front end built like it is. Try to not pull it down n no wear will occur on those spindles n the main frame bolt will stay tight n right. Wid it having REDS n ADF what more could you ask fer in a short compact crossbow. Heck if'en my Mrs. would not find out i would get get the Dealer model camo but not the pkg. As i have no use fer it, throw my red dot on it hold under over out to 40 yds. Tick toter killin machine of the best in class user friendly model.

Now movin into a 21' Rollin home there be no where at all to hide a 5th crossbow. If'en i could sell 2 of mine n put the Axe in a double rifle case hidden from the old woman i might stand a chance. Gettin one un-noticed is easy as she does not go to the P Office wid me nor snoops in my string room

https://postimg.cc/w3TZg3Rk]Image
You Hope she don't snoop :silent: :shh:

Dave :lol:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

BTW welcomw to the forum... :thumbup:

Dave
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Boo

Post by Boo »

Straight->Shooter wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:49 pm
Thanks to all for the input, decision was made once I handled the Axe, behind a computer I couldn’t comprehend why the axe had a msrp of 700(real tree with no silencing gear) and 750(dealer model with all the noise suppression and kryptic pattern).

Looked too good to be true or thought it would have a lesser quality feel. Turns out I t’s basically a suppressor model though... The shop owner said they were actually a little upset excal sent them those almost without notice to sell because it destroyed the price point on all the Excalibur bows on the rack by hundreds.

Trying to post pics of new axe but no luck, keeps sayin too large... anyways, she’s a real beaut
Congratulations! You made the right decision because it's an Excalibur! You will not be disappointed. Do yourself a favor and do a complete nut and bolt check. Happy shooting!
Some people just like stepping on rakes