Where were you when the world stopped turning

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XB I GO

Re: Where were you when the world stopped turning

Post by XB I GO »

I wasn't even born, but my Dad was THERE.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I had been hunting and had just shot a doe and was in the gun shop watching everything on TV
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Was at work and my boss came by and said "we have a world event taking place". So we went up to a mezzanine where we had a TV and we watched for hours. One girl freaked out and asked me if it was the end of the world....I reassured her...

the planes had hit the towers by the time I got to the TV, and maybe the pentagon too, but I think I was watching when that was reported. And SHanksville. My Dad saw that plane fly over as it hit the ground only about 10 miles from my home in PA.

I saw the people jumping out of the windows and saw the second tower fall. I'll never forget. there were loud like smacking noises on some of the news casts from reporters at ground zero. We came to learn that those were bodies of the jumpers hitting the ground. It makes me mad still, but I remember that I was just kind of mad for about 3-4 months afterward. Everything was just different.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I was at home taking a comp day because I was supposed to be on a plane (one of those flight numbers) that following weekend. I was watching the TV live when the 2nd plane hit. I called in to work to see if I needed to report in because as far as I was concerned, we had work to do.
DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
galamb

Post by galamb »

I was in the Airforce (Canadian) standing in the situation room. I worked in Intelligence.

The first plane hit and most of the news feeds were surmising that it was some kind of small commuter plane. I remember the Operations Officer saying to us "we are at war now". Didn't make it home for the next 3 days.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Every time I step on a commercial flight I think about what those scum bags did! :(
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Mixter

Post by Mixter »

I was just laying my head down after a night shift...pager went off an hour later and I was called back to police the airport in Vancouver. The next 3 days are a blur as we worked most of it with little rest. At the same time trying to process what had happened.
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

I was working in the maintenance planning department of the same oil refinery I work at now. Been here 22 1/2 years. We watched in disbelief as everything unfolded. As others mentioned we New the world had changed from that point. The Refinery has offices in Canada, America, Ireland and the EU. The Refinery made and sold T shirts with the proceeds going to survivors and relatives of the victims. The T shirt has American and Canadian flags and says Canada cares. This shirt is my all time favourite and I proudly wear it often. I only wish I bought more.
Wayne