A MAMMAL WITH A KEENER SENSE OF SMELL THAN A DEER

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

User avatar
robertyb
Posts: 2499
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:35 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: A MAMMAL WITH A KEENER SENSE OF SMELL THAN A DEER

Post by robertyb » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:20 am

Joe,
I did 34 years as a Sate Revenue Agent and I can assure you that any CPA with a couple of years under their belt can look you straight in the eye and lie to you and make your believe it. The only people I knew that were better at it were all Revenue Agents. :roll:
"Hi, I am from the Revenue Dept. and I am here to help you." :lol:
Wildlife Population Control Specialist

longbow joe
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:55 pm
Location: south eastern pa (bucks county)

Re: A MAMMAL WITH A KEENER SENSE OF SMELL THAN A DEER

Post by longbow joe » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:24 am

Lololololololol yes.....but apparently Anthony is the only honest accountant in New Jersey......
Who wants an honest accountant.....l wouldn't.
But l bet he sleeps good at nite it's a trade off
Micro 335 camo crossbones /matrix 330 nikon bolt /vixen ll / offspring with a micro stock crossbones/ matrix 355 with a micro stock crossbones/ metal ibex (adopted manco morto)/Phoenix/ trigger tec's /xacts/super freak ex's/ spitfires/zombies

User avatar
amythntr
Posts: 6211
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: T.P.R.N.J.

Re: A MAMMAL WITH A KEENER SENSE OF SMELL THAN A DEER

Post by amythntr » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:29 am

robertyb wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:20 am
Joe,
I did 34 years as a Sate Revenue Agent and I can assure you that any CPA with a couple of years under their belt can look you straight in the eye and lie to you and make your believe it. The only people I knew that were better at it were all Revenue Agents. :roll:
"Hi, I am from the Revenue Dept. and I am here to help you." :lol:
....A client is not worth losing your license over :eusa-naughty: ....I have kicked two people out of my office for wanting me to downright lie :eusa-doh: :eusa-hand: ....a CPA license is not worth losing over (most likely) a fee for a tax return :eusa-naughty: ....If they get caught you will be the first one they will claim, " well the accountant told me to do it."....plus the IRS is NOW expecting us to be their "eyes and ears" :eusa-snooty: ....If we can't tell what the client ate a year ago on this date for breakfast :shock: :eusa-think: we are subject to severe preparer penalties :eusa-pray:

....Now the CPA license has to stand for a Constant Pain in the Arse.....

Anthony :(
When you are in a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A420TD (Assassinatore di Cervi)
A360 (l'Assassino)
NMare 335(On loan)
Scorpyd DS (hospitalized)
ZS,Ex
Spitfires
Boo,NChunterkw,Vixenm

Hester0305
Posts: 2293
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:23 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: A MAMMAL WITH A KEENER SENSE OF SMELL THAN A DEER

Post by Hester0305 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:59 am

Anthony I know the feeling, I just bought a back up Matrix 380 for one of my friends and it came in yesterday afternoon so I put the box in the corner of my hunting room so I could put it together later. My wife came home yesterday and hadn't been home 5 minutes and she went through the room and came back out and asked me if I had bought another crossbow. I thought man I didn't even have time to tell you Kevin's xbow came in.

It's a lot harder for me to hide things since my wife hunts with me and she know most of the time when I have a different crossbow I'm hunting with. The main thing I've learned over the years is not to touch HER crossbow unless I explain everything to her what I'm doing.
Matrix 380 Blackout HHA Leupold 2-7x33
Matrix 350 SE for Mrs. Hester
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
NAP FOC Broadheads
Boo, Vixenmaster, Xcaliber, 8ptbuk Custom Strings,

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 2519
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: A MAMMAL WITH A KEENER SENSE OF SMELL THAN A DEER

Post by janesy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:12 am

Guns, fishing rods and crossbows are easy. The ones that are the hardest to hide are cars, boats, canoes, and ATVs.
I get caught on those ones every time. I found this line doesn't help at all, but really distracts from the situation to allow you to remove the item from field of view.

"Honey...you're drunk, go back to sleep".
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Xtra Micro BD310 "Small-Fry"
Micro Axe MOBU.

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

User avatar
Bcxbow
Posts: 899
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:44 am
Location: North Georgia

Re: A MAMMAL WITH A KEENER SENSE OF SMELL THAN A DEER

Post by Bcxbow » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:25 am

janesy wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:12 am
Guns, fishing rods and crossbows are easy. The ones that are the hardest to hide are cars, boats, canoes, and ATVs.
I get caught on those ones every time. I found this line doesn't help at all, but really distracts from the situation to allow you to remove the item from field of view.

"Honey...you're drunk, go back to sleep".
:lol: :lol:
Billy

BD400
M380 Blackout Cerakote Riser & Rail (Midnight)
Trinity Strings (nchunterkw)
Boo Strings

xcaliber
Posts: 10103
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:35 pm
Location: NW Indiana

Re: A MAMMAL WITH A KEENER SENSE OF SMELL THAN A DEER

Post by xcaliber » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:31 am

Hester0305 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:59 am
Anthony I know the feeling, I just bought a back up Matrix 380 for one of my friends and it came in yesterday afternoon so I put the box in the corner of my hunting room so I could put it together later. My wife came home yesterday and hadn't been home 5 minutes and she went through the room and came back out and asked me if I had bought another crossbow. I thought man I didn't even have time to tell you Kevin's xbow came in.

It's a lot harder for me to hide things since my wife hunts with me and she know most of the time when I have a different crossbow I'm hunting with. The main thing I've learned over the years is not to touch HER crossbow unless I explain everything to her what I'm doing.
That's a smart woman there Eric! :lol: :lol:
Matrix 330 (Xylia) Bushnell Trophy XLT / Single Stage Trigger Tech
Micro 355 (Jinx) Nikon Bolt XR. TT Single Stage Trigger
Matrix 380 (Max) Redfield Revenge / TT Single Stage Trigger
Axe 340 Kryptek (Axe) Nikon P3 Will be completed 8-31-19

Hester0305
Posts: 2293
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:23 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: A MAMMAL WITH A KEENER SENSE OF SMELL THAN A DEER

Post by Hester0305 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:57 am

Dan, I did pull one over on her last year and luckily got by with it when I switched her Matrix 330 out for a Matrix 350 and she never knew the difference because I switched everything over to her Matrix 350 including her Pink Flemish string that you made for her several years ago.
Matrix 380 Blackout HHA Leupold 2-7x33
Matrix 350 SE for Mrs. Hester
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
NAP FOC Broadheads
Boo, Vixenmaster, Xcaliber, 8ptbuk Custom Strings,

User avatar
amythntr
Posts: 6211
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: T.P.R.N.J.

Re: A MAMMAL WITH A KEENER SENSE OF SMELL THAN A DEER

Post by amythntr » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:32 am

Hester0305 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:57 am
Dan, I did pull one over on her last year and luckily got by with it when I switched her Matrix 330 out for a Matrix 350 and she never knew the difference because I switched everything over to her Matrix 350 including her Pink Flemish string that you made for her several years ago.
....you dirty rat!....you dirty rat! (....said in you best James Cagney voice) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :lol:

P.S. Pank is my favorite color when it comes to strings and arra's!

1839 days until full retirement :eusa-doh:
When you are in a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A420TD (Assassinatore di Cervi)
A360 (l'Assassino)
NMare 335(On loan)
Scorpyd DS (hospitalized)
ZS,Ex
Spitfires
Boo,NChunterkw,Vixenm

User avatar
ComfyBear
Posts: 4128
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:47 am
Location: GTA , Ontario

Re: A MAMMAL WITH A KEENER SENSE OF SMELL THAN A DEER

Post by ComfyBear » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:50 pm

Anthony wrote:1839 days until full retirement :eusa-doh:
Not unless you learn to control your urge to splurge on your superfluous wants.
...or maybe if you sold your A420 TD and got an Axe. :P
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Custom Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

He is served best, he who serves himself.
Cavendi sunt qui dona ferens.

User avatar
Boo
Posts: 12153
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: Newtonville, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: A MAMMAL WITH A KEENER SENSE OF SMELL THAN A DEER

Post by Boo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:56 pm

This thread is epic and starting to sound like true confessions! :eusa-dance:
If there are no dogs in heaven then I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Truth is not what you want it to be, it is what it is and you must bend to its power or live a lie. Miyamoto Musashi
Boocustomstrings.com

longbow joe
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:55 pm
Location: south eastern pa (bucks county)

Re: A MAMMAL WITH A KEENER SENSE OF SMELL THAN A DEER

Post by longbow joe » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:27 pm

It will be epic if my wife sees it. Boo...... she would not care about the sneaking a new cross bow in as much as the part of comparing intellect levels to a specific dog breed.######.I wonder what breed she sees me as?
Micro 335 camo crossbones /matrix 330 nikon bolt /vixen ll / offspring with a micro stock crossbones/ matrix 355 with a micro stock crossbones/ metal ibex (adopted manco morto)/Phoenix/ trigger tec's /xacts/super freak ex's/ spitfires/zombies

Cardinalsfanforever
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:10 pm
Location: Sout. Illinois

Re: A MAMMAL WITH A KEENER SENSE OF SMELL THAN A DEER

Post by Cardinalsfanforever » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:52 pm

I guess I fight dirty when it comes to buying certain things. I told the grandsons to hint to grandma that they needed a smaller crossbow to shoot. Grandma said " that's a Grandpa thing." I was bidding looking at micro's that evening. ( she just can't tell them no) :angel:
matrix 380
micro 315

mr meat
Posts: 4564
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:40 pm
Location: The land of ice and snow North Bay

Re: A MAMMAL WITH A KEENER SENSE OF SMELL THAN A DEER

Post by mr meat » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:16 pm

Boo wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:56 pm
This thread is epic and starting to sound like true confessions! :eusa-dance:
X2 Keep the story’s coming guys! :eusa-popcorn:
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen

xcaliber
Posts: 10103
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:35 pm
Location: NW Indiana

Re: A MAMMAL WITH A KEENER SENSE OF SMELL THAN A DEER

Post by xcaliber » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:17 pm

Cardinalsfanforever wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:52 pm
I guess I fight dirty when it comes to buying certain things. I told the grandsons to hint to grandma that they needed a smaller crossbow to shoot. Grandma said " that's a Grandpa thing." I was bidding looking at micro's that evening. ( she just can't tell them no) :angel:
That's dirty pool, I love it! :lol: :lol:
Matrix 330 (Xylia) Bushnell Trophy XLT / Single Stage Trigger Tech
Micro 355 (Jinx) Nikon Bolt XR. TT Single Stage Trigger
Matrix 380 (Max) Redfield Revenge / TT Single Stage Trigger
Axe 340 Kryptek (Axe) Nikon P3 Will be completed 8-31-19

Post Reply