355 Micro Suppressor Noise..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big Pard

355 Micro Suppressor Noise..

Post by Big Pard »

A friend of mine just got a 355 Suppressor and wanted me to check it out as he seems to think its noisier than he expected. I did shoot it and even tried a custom Vixenmaster string and it was louder and had more vibration than my 335 Micro. I was using my 15" BEE with 110gr brass insert and 125gr Slick Trick and factory nock. Does this sound normal or would shooting a heavier arrow/bolt help? Any feedback would be wonderful.
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick
ComfyBear

Re: 355 Micro Suppressor Noise..

Post by ComfyBear »

Using heavier arrows and strings will definitely help. Up until yesterday I was using a EL factory string with the rubber "stars" on my fully suppressed Axe 340. When I changed to my own heavier custom string (even without with the "stars") it appeared to be a tad quieter.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Does it still have all the suppressor goodies installed?
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Big Pard

Post by Big Pard »

janesy wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:51 pm
Does it still have all the suppressor goodies installed?
It appears so the only thing that is different is that a couple fingers on the string leaches are missing.
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I would add some weight n take the vibes out of that 355. There be a ton of energy in the short stout limbs that go wild on the shot. I got to where i had a 32 strand flemish on mine before i sold it because of that reason. I had rather drop 8-15 fps n have less shot noise n recoil
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Big Pard

Post by Big Pard »

vixenmaster wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:28 am
I would add some weight n take the vibes out of that 355. There be a ton of energy in the short stout limbs that go wild on the shot. I got to where i had a 32 strand flemish on mine before i sold it because of that reason. I had rather drop 8-15 fps n have less shot noise n recoil
My pal may get up with you to make him a couple strings since I love the ones you made for me.
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick
RobD

Post by RobD »

My 360 TD Pro seems pretty quiet in stock configuration. I will be putting my new 32-strand Vixenmaster string in it shortly (thanks Mike, package received and that color combo is nice!) to smooth it out even further. I also purchased some Zombie Slayers from Wyverns to use, a little heavier than the Excal Quills.

Since it is a suppressor, you may want to double-check that the limbs bolts are tight.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
janesy

Post by janesy »

Big Pard wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:08 pm
A friend of mine just got a 355 Suppressor and wanted me to check it out as he seems to think its noisier than he expected. I did shoot it and even tried a custom Vixenmaster string and it was louder and had more vibration than my 335 Micro. I was using my 15" BEE with 110gr brass insert and 125gr Slick Trick and factory nock. Does this sound normal or would shooting a heavier arrow/bolt help? Any feedback would be wonderful.
Your arrow is likely weighing in around 396Gr. It's simple physics, for ever action there is equal reaction. So if there is more force applied, there will be more noise and or vibration. Adding a heavier string and arrow simply dissipates more force from the limbs and leaves less to make noise or vibration. So yes it would help

Regarding the silencing components, they are subjective. As are all levels of noise and vibration. It could also be that the riser end of the bow is 2.5" closer to his head.
It would make sense that an equally outfitted suppressor would be a tad louder than an equally outfitted 335. But in the field, everyone hears and feels it differently.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

My buddy shot a spike this morning with a fully suppressed bulldog 330. I was 300 yards away and knew exactly when he shot. Doesn’t matter what you do you will still hear it.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"