Another arrow question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gdavis

Another arrow question

Post by gdavis »

So I'm reflecting a bunch of zombie slayers with my Arizona ez fletcher. I'm using gorilla super glue. And wad wondering how messy it can be before it starts to affect accuracy? I'm putting two drops of glue on but it still squeezes out the sides of the vanes.
Thanks for the help!
xcaliber

Re: Another arrow question

Post by xcaliber »

First off I put the glue on while holding the vanes in my hand, then with a Q-Tip smooth it out in the glue channel, this keeps the glue nice and thin. I use a piece of paper to gently push the vanes down to the bottom of the slots then close very slowly. Next put the cap on but don’t squeeze the arms or force the cap down. It takes very little pressure to secure the vanes, too much is no good, less is more!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I use ultra jell superglue. I take it out of jig when vanes are stuck down and can usually smooth it out with my finger if a little spot happens. If humps are their I carefully scrap it flat/cut it off to make it smooth. Sometimes the arrow turns a little white but don't bother me to much. Shooting 3D animals with aleast 40 shots per outing more days than not is hard on inserts/arrows and fletching. Usually every outing I have something to fix when I arrive home. Wanta play, gotta pay! Sixty years old I am not going to make the Olympic Crossbow team now anyways. :lol:
Last edited by wheelie on Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

xcaliber wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:55 pm
First off I put the glue on while holding the vanes in my hand, then with a Q-Tip smooth it out in the glue channel, this keeps the glue nice and thin. I use a piece of paper to gently push the vanes down to the bottom of the slots then close very slowly. Next put the cap on but don’t squeeze the arms or force the cap down. It takes very little pressure to secure the vanes, too much is no good, less is more!
I like your approach Dan....

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I have been using the same adhesive that Jerry at South Shore Archery uses and sells. It is called VibraTite.

....I have also purchased syringes with very small needle like (not sharp) openings....I put glue in the syringe, push and apply to the fletching in the AZ EasyFletch....The syringe is single use only so I buy a bunch of them....I also use the primer on the fletch (again that Jerry uses.)

....Assuming the glue is not old and flows nicely, I find there is absolutely no mess and the fletch adheres to the shaft nicely...I have also switched over to the Silent Knight SK-200's which personally I find to adhere better and are much more durable than the Blazers....this is JMHO.

Anthony :thumbup:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings