Excalibur taking a beating.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

LongCarbine

Re: Excalibur taking a beating.

Post by LongCarbine »

At first it was a bunch of guys excited about their Excaliburs Now if you have a comment someone will let you know that your an idiot. But like Anthony hinted at , When somebody screams the sky is falling loud enough people start looking up ! And that is not fair.
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I had a couple of limbs splinter on my axe . I did not get upset about it I just took a picture filed an Rma and talked to Dawn new limbs were sent . I shoot that Crossbow a ton so I expect some problems no big deal .
janesy

Post by janesy »

I just read some more, it funny there are only about 4-5 guys stirring the pot. One guy doesn't own a crossbow lol, and all they have is that Bowtech is causing all these problems.
Too bad because it bad press either way, but seriously guys, catch up, that was 2015's arguement.
Last edited by janesy on Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

I know things break . I also wonder how much is user error and how the price of the repair reflects on the price of new bows ?
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Could some of the limb problems be with quality control if they are made out of house for that matter even if they are made in house ?
Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 »

In the past couple years I have owned 2 Excaliburs, a Micro 355 and a BD400. Both had limbs replaced, I sold the Micro without even shooting the new limbs. The BD400 had a huge splinter under the Airbrakes and I sent the entire bow back for a 'going over'. I love recurves but am still aware that they are very susceptible to limb breakage in the higher power models. It's a fact of life and some of us can live with it, while some just can't. It's a personal choice for me and I will live with the chance that any bow may fail anytime. I do keep a spare crossbow in my truck jic and hope that I don't have to make the hike back to get it with a broken bow but the probability is remote.
Guess what I'm carrying this week in the woods... the BD400.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Smong2000 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:32 am
In the past couple years I have owned 2 Excaliburs, a Micro 355 and a BD400. Both had limbs replaced, I sold the Micro without even shooting the new limbs. The BD400 had a huge splinter under the Airbrakes and I sent the entire bow back for a 'going over'. I love recurves but am still aware that they are very susceptible to limb breakage in the higher power models. It's a fact of life and some of us can live with it, while some just can't. It's a personal choice for me and I will live with the chance that any bow may fail anytime. I do keep a spare crossbow in my truck jic and hope that I don't have to make the hike back to get it with a broken bow but the probability is remote.
Guess what I'm carrying this week in the woods... the BD400.
....I will be carrying an A360 with NO limbs packed in my truck....I really should get around to buying an extra set of Micro and Matrix limbs as an insurance policy....of course when I do that will insure that I never will have the need for them! :eusa-think:

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
RobD

Post by RobD »

amythntr wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:43 am
....I will be carrying an A360 with NO limbs packed in my truck....I really should get around to buying an extra set of Micro and Matrix limbs as an insurance policy....of course when I do that will insure that I never will have the need for them! :eusa-think:

You already bought a spare set of limbs, they just happen to be attached to the other Assassin. :thumbup: And it's a TD model, so it should fit in your truck. :lol:
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

RobD wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:47 am
amythntr wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:43 am

You already bought a spare set of limbs, they just happen to be attached to the other Assassin. :thumbup: And it's a TD model, so it should fit in your truck. :lol:
....'tis true Rob...gonna try to get out tomorrow to sight it in ....have yet to do so....remember I have to travel over 30 minutes to the town of East Jabib in T.P.R of N.J. to get to a range at my gun club :cry:....oh how I wish I can just go outside, climb a tree (two brand new climbers in the basement) and practice from an elevated perch! :cry:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
RobD

Post by RobD »

Anthony, you need to move closer to me!
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

I AM on Facebook, minimally, but here's a take:

For those of my generation who do not, and cannot, comprehend why Facebook exists: I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles of Facebook.

Therefore, every day I walk down the street and tell passers by what I have eaten, how I feel at the moment, what I have done the night before, where I'm going fishing, what I will do later and with whom.

I give them pictures of my family, my dog, my fishing, and of me gardening, taking things apart in the garage, watering the lawn, standing in front of landmarks, driving around town, having lunch, and doing what anybody and everybody does every day.

I also listen to their conversations, give them the "thumbs up" and tell them I like them.

And it works just like Facebook

I already have four people following me: two police officers, a private investigator and a psychiatrist.
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

ThunderXB wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:40 pm

For those of my generation who do not, and cannot, comprehend why Facebook exists: I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles of Facebook.

Therefore, every day I walk down the street and tell passers by what I have eaten, how I feel at the moment, what I have done the night before, where I'm going fishing, what I will do later and with whom.

I give them pictures of my family, my dog, my fishing, and of me gardening, taking things apart in the garage, watering the lawn, standing in front of landmarks, driving around town, having lunch, and doing what anybody and everybody does every day.

I also listen to their conversations, give them the "thumbs up" and tell them I like them.

I already have four people following me: two police officers, a private investigator and a psychiatrist.
Love the post, thumbs up! :thumbup:
I have. Pc, iPad and an iPhone. When we are eating a meal or having conversation the rules in our family are no electronics. Nothing more ignorant than trying to have a conversation with someone while they are having a conversation on an electronic device. PLAIN BULL CRAP and just RUDE.
Just the way we feel.
Ps not looking to see how many likes I get lol
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

ThunderXB wrote:

This is absolutely priceless!! :lol: :clap: :lol:
AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

A guy I work with had the limb on his new $1000 plus Bulldog 440 break on the opening day of PA's archery season. He is pretty disgusted and still waiting for it to be resolved. He is glad he held onto his Vortex because that is what he is using now. I mentioned buying an extra set of limbs and that aggravated him even more. Hopefully he gets fixed up quickly so he can enjoy his new crossbow during the hunting season.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

ThunderXB wrote:

Cracked me up! So true. I am one who has never had an account pn facebook. Only forums. My take is is tough being at the top as people want to try to destroy. It has been going on for years and Excalibur just keeps getting bigger.