A different approach.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ko4nrbs

A different approach.

Post by ko4nrbs »

Trying something different. Going to leave my permanent blind set up and still use it but will also use this one in a few different spots.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078HF6FD2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The front opening is plenty wide for the Exomax but it will have to stick out a little. I'll have it secured on my tripod so if I do see any deer I just have to pan slowly one way or the other. Movement should be very minimal. It will help if I say awake and spot them before they spot me!!

Going to be moving around some and try to catch the deer coming up from the creek at the Church Buddy's place. Going to use it at my down river spot as well. Was down there a couple of days ago scouting. Deer sign everywhere I looked.

Saw 3 does Friday morning at about 50 yards (7:45). They came in from a different direction and left in a different direction. Never got a shot at them. One was a very large doe. Milled around in the guy's back yard for several minutes. Dog was in the house barking at them the whole time. They were very calm and didn't show any sign of being spooked at all.

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
gerald strine

Re: A different approach.

Post by gerald strine »

Good luck sounds like you have a few good spots picked out.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
xcaliber

Re: A different approach.

Post by xcaliber »

Good luck, I like to be mobile as well, it is the best way for me to hunt.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!