scope's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

LRMNUT

scope's

Post by LRMNUT »

What's the best low light hunting scope and does anyone use red dot?
GRZ2
xcaliber

Re: scope's

Post by xcaliber »

I’m not battery dependent anymore, just me. For the small Excalibur models around 350 FPS or less the size and glass of the Nikon P3 is really hard to beat in my opinion.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

It’s not crossbow specific, but I’ve been using Leupold VXR Patrols and Leupold Mark AR Mod-1s in 1.25-4x for the last 5 years. They are bright, extremely lightweight and have usable illumination. The reticle subtensions in the Special Purpose Reticle aren’t perfect for crossbow use, but they are close enough to be useful out to 50y. I use the target turrets to dial-in my yardage. Several other forum members use a similar setup.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits

Post by newbie »

racking up points wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:52 am
It’s not crossbow specific, but I’ve been using Leupold VXR Patrols and Leupold Mark AR Mod-1s in 1.25-4x for the last 5 years. They are bright, extremely lightweight and have usable illumination. The reticle subtensions in the Special Purpose Reticle aren’t perfect for crossbow use, but they are close enough to be useful out to 50y. I use the target turrets to dial-in my yardage. Several other forum members use a similar setup.
This. Thanks again Derrick! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!