Ozonics

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Re: Ozonics

Post by longbow joe »

Friends have them they definitely work .l have used them .As others said thay are a pain to drag in the woods along with everything else.
In my opinion im just old school and just consider it getting a little too hi tec for my tastes.
This hunting thing is all about playing the wind and a game of chess sort of thing to me.
It's kinda sad to need electronic mombo jumbo stuff like that to kill a deer that our ancestors killed with flintlock and longbow etc. .
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

I got one after I saw how some guys were using them to get on some big bears regardless of wind and seeing some big ones that never came in. I look at it like my thermacell works for me don't really care what others say. I laugh at the they killed um in a red flannel shirt with a rock before ha ha. Wonder ifc they dealt with this too lol

https://nypost.com/2019/10/25/long-island-man-foul-mouthed-kid-confront-hunter-for-killing-deer/
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Boo wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:07 pm
xcaliber wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:32 pm
Good luck Don. The wind in your face is solid advice, unless one comes in behind you! I got busted this morning! :lol: :lol:
Hehehe, it just occured to me.............a fool and his money :eusa-deadhorse:
Hasn't there been a study that ozone is bad for all your rubber components on your hunting gear? I thought I read something to that effect several years ago. Supposedly it cause the material to "break down" and become brittle. (Perhaps that is what has happened to my old self, too much ozone :lol: ).
And don't let the "Green Folks" hear about you putting "Ozone" out in to the atmosphere!! You'll be boycotted next!! :crazy:

I'm glad to see Boo is getting one. Perhaps then we will get to the bottom of this question. Besides, I'd rather see him spend his money than me spend mine! :lol:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

longbow joe wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:18 pm
Friends have them they definitely work .l have used them .As others said thay are a pain to drag in the woods along with everything else.
In my opinion im just old school and just consider it getting a little too hi tec for my tastes.
This hunting thing is all about playing the wind and a game of chess sort of thing to me.
It's kinda sad to need electronic mombo jumbo stuff like that to kill a deer that our ancestors killed with flintlock and longbow etc. .
Amen!!! :clap: :eusa-clap: :clap: :eusa-clap: :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Prmtvbowman22

Post by Prmtvbowman22 »

My cover scent is cherry skoal had deer come and stick their nose right in it or sniff the ladder rungs where I spit. Wind is a factor but some stands have deer coming from all directions.
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

Wildgameinnovations.com

Check out their new science beats scent.

Zero trace generator Pureion.

Always something new. Really small compared to big ozonics
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

elkaholic wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:04 pm
Wildgameinnovations.com

Check out their new science beats scent.

Zero trace generator Pureion.

Always something new. Really small compared to big ozonics
Seems like a good idea and product but I won't buy from this company there customer service is crap!
See forum thread
https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=70672&p=688696&hilit=Wildgame#p688696
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

Have purchased a nice slightly used Ozonics unit. Have never been impressed with any Wildgame products and don't think I would buy any of their stuff.
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

I can remember one of those famous, supposedly real hunting shows using one of those contraptions that sponsored their show getting (Busted) :shock: :shh: . even though they used one of their sponsored gadgets, but not a word was said about it.
HOODA THUNK :roll:

Dave
:eusa-think :Chocolate covered almonds :eusa-clap:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Wildgame isn't that the same company owned by Big Bill the poacher ?
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Timbrhuntr wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:03 am
Wildgame isn't that the same company owned by Big Bill the poacher ?
:clap: :clap: :thumbup:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

janesy wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:20 pm
I found a little pile of chocolate covered almonds someone left in the woods on my way to the stands. Ate a couple of those, never got busted. Come to think of it nobody really spoke to me for the rest of the day.
I highly recommend them!

Use what makes you confident, that's what it comes down too.
So...how were those Almonds? Fairly tasty? :eusa-doh:
Funny stuff! :lol:

AJ
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

:thumbup: Thank you... When someone tries to tell me that there is a "device" that can eliminate your scent, I cannot help but think that, 1, you are truly not an experienced Hunter, or 2, you are a complete Dummy... JMO...4071]
I second that notion!
Anyone ever use one of these contraptions? :think:

We hear so much today about "scent control" that I think we get caught up in the 'latest and greatest" thing to come a long. If memory serves me correctly, (not saying I was alive back then), but didn't Native Americans (some of our Ancestors), actually hunt deer, elk, bear you name without all these new fangled gadgets in their arsenal?

I hear guys saying they smoke while hunting. I dip snuff while hunting. Others do all sorts of things :wink: , and still manage to kill a deer or two every year. So...what gives?
I think a lot is patience and persistence. Scouting and putting in the time and effort to learn what they needed to learn in order to make themselves successful. One big factor to me is weather and wind conditions. Somedays I just don't go out into the field because of these two factors.

You may defeat the eyes and ears of "Old Mossy Horns", but his nose is a lot better than that of your favorite hound dog's!! :mrgreen:

So...what's the answer?
I think it's simple, if the wind ain't right, don't waste your time. You'll just burn your stand up. Gadgets are great, but "Mother Nature" beats them all.
After all, she's been at it a long, long time!
Just my humble opinion!
AJ
[/quote]
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

I really find it interesting that all I was looking for was info on where I could find an Ozonics unit, and the conversation gets to the point of being called an "inexperienced hunter" or a "complete Dummy". Why in the hell do people feel the need to criticize somebody for asking a simple question?
Then you get the simple comments like "if the wind ain't right, don' waste your time". Guess the wind has never changed direction on you while you were hunting.....or the deer never came from downwind instead of the direction you were hoping.
"It's kinda sad to need electronic mombo jumbo stuff like that to kill a deer that our ancestors killed with flintlock and longbow etc"......OK....what are you hunting with? Using a longbow with cedar arrows and flint broadheads that you made yourself? Probably not. Probably using a newer design high speed crossbow, I'm, thinking.

I don't care what you use to hunt and I don't criticize you for whatever you want to use. I live in the real world and have thick skin but these useless unnecessary criticisms of people are what ruin good forums.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Reinyrooster wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:39 pm
I really find it interesting that all I was looking for was info on where I could find an Ozonics unit, and the conversation gets to the point of being called an "inexperienced hunter" or a "complete Dummy". Why in the hell do people feel the need to criticize somebody for asking a simple question?
Then you get the simple comments like "if the wind ain't right, don' waste your time". Guess the wind has never changed direction on you while you were hunting.....or the deer never came from downwind instead of the direction you were hoping.
"It's kinda sad to need electronic mombo jumbo stuff like that to kill a deer that our ancestors killed with flintlock and longbow etc"......OK....what are you hunting with? Using a longbow with cedar arrows and flint broadheads that you made yourself? Probably not. Probably using a newer design high speed crossbow, I'm, thinking.

I don't care what you use to hunt and I don't criticize you for whatever you want to use. I live in the real world and have thick skin but these useless unnecessary criticisms of people are what ruin good forums.
I gotta agree with you, criticisms and insults can sure ruin a good forum as well as divide us. If someone wants to be nasty, I suggest they take the high road and show some class and compassion.
Some people just like stepping on rakes