Carrying a wallet while hunting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Carrying a wallet while hunting

Post by longbow joe »

I read Anthony's left home wallet the other day and just wanted to share my lost wallet past.
After loosing one during a duck boat mishap combo swim.And one to a deep swamp Turkey hunt l simply dont carry one anymore hunting.
I made a copy of my drivers license ,carry pmt. And l have a permission slip from one of my property's all in with my hunting license. Along with a picture of all on my phone.
Basically my wallet stays in the truck.
If l get stopped and hassled by a warden l will pay the fine (if any)
I was actually stopped by a warden twice carrying my non original cards and didn't have any problems at all.
I simply dont want to have all the hassle of canceling all the cards and getting everything back it's more hassle than the fine.
Now if l go on a trip with someone it stays in their vehicle instead of mine.I dont think my visa is needed in the swamp anyway
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Smong2000

Re: Carrying a wallet while hunting

Post by Smong2000 »

Good advice. I hate having anything in my back pockets and already have plenty of stuff in other pockets so mine either stays in the truck or in a plastic bag in my pack. Up here the F&G manual actually says that an electronic copy of your license is OK but you need a tag in your possesion for your deer. They provide blank tags on waterproof material to put on the carcass.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I haven't carried a wallet in over 20 years I carry a money clip in my front pocket that has leather sleeves for my cards, it holds everything I need and I don't have to worry about a wallet falling out.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

State of Texas, just this year, has it to where you can buy your license on line (phone) and then use your phone to show warden if/when you get checked. They also mail you the paper one but you don’t have to have it on your person.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Same in Virginia. They have a phone app that shows a virtual copy of your license. We still have to notch a tag on the license for each kill before it is moved and fill in the tag number once it is checked. But we can even check it with the app and e-notch it. Your virtual license will show the tag notched and the tag number filled in. As long as your have your phone (works with no cell service), you don't have to carry a license.

I took my wallet for a swim while goose hunting a few weeks ago, unintentionally. As I waded out on concurrent retrieves with my dog it got deep enough that I held my phone and wallet over my head. A submerged rock tripped me and everything got a bath, gun and all. :oops: :clap: At least it was September water.

I still carry my wallet, but probably shouldn't. I almost need a book to keep track of the tags and licenses for three states.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I suppose i am lucky at this time, i don't carry anything on me. I have my Backpack n crossbow when i go to my stand on place
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

A friend did that a few years ago until someone broke into his truck while he and his brother were hunting they took everything and racked up his card for a few thousand dollars luckily the CC company cancelled his card and cleared the card. So be careful.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

My wallet goes with me hunting. That would be just my luck, leave it in the truck and come back to a broken into vehicle.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I take my wallet with me as well. If it's too thick, take some crap out. :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

I used to train and run pointers in field trials. I was down in Fryburg, Maine over 25 years ago. My dog pointed quail 8 different locations. After the run I realized I lost my wallet. Well when you’re in a competition you can’t go through the trial grounds and disturb the surroundings for the rest of the trialers. After the days events were completed several folks helped look and no wallet was found.
Back home to Canada I had to cancel all my cards and replace all my ID.
Two weeks go by and I return to look for my wallet with a metal detector as the wallet had a money clip and 2 keys in it. The fourth place I left the trail where my dog pointed one of my helpers found the wallet as we walked 3 abreast. There was almost $100 dollars in it, I bought them supper. Now my wallet is always in a zippered pocket.
Wayne
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I carry my wallet or put it in a zipper pocket .
Just a thought though for those who say they carry their phone instead . With all the info on our phones nowadays isn`t that worse than losing your wallet . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
janesy

Post by janesy »

In Ontario right now with the new Tag/Seal process combined with the 2X fines. I'd think carrying everything would be prudent. This might be an interesting season for tags and fines
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:43 pm
State of Texas, just this year, has it to where you can buy your license on line (phone) and then use your phone to show warden if/when you get checked. They also mail you the paper one but you don’t have to have it on your person.

OKAY...all you folks who hunt deer in Texas. Resident or non-Resident alike... If you 'harvest" a deer or turkey within the confines of the State of Texas. Harvested animal MUST have a physical tag attached to the carcass until the harvested animal arrives at it's final destination.
Whether that's your home, or a game processor. Once there, the tag can be removed. If you are in possession of a non-tagged carcass of a deer or turkey, you will be cited. And believe me, fines in Texas are steep!! :wtf:

Also be sure to use the correct tag and fill it out correctly. The State of Texas License has multiple tags attached for different species. And remember to "cut out" the month and day of harvest! Marking it out with a pen won't get it. :eusa-naughty:

Just a friendly word from a retired guy! :wave:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

janesy wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:22 am
In Ontario right now with the new Tag/Seal process combined with the 2X fines. I'd think carrying everything would be prudent. This might be an interesting season for tags and fines
Have to have you paper game seals with you all the time. Cards and licences can be on your phone. But if you tag a deer you have to remain with deer in the immediate area that someone can yell to you to come back. You can not tag a deer and get others to haul it out and you go back hunting. Person who tags it must remain with animal at all times. Game Warden says a little leeway in case the person who tags it has to walk off to pee. Any other situation there will be charges and you lose the animal. Beer and moose the same thing.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Clear as mud right?
Love to hear the stories from the CO's after this season plays out.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme