Sound Deading System - String Stars ( beef )

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

colouredchameleon

Sound Deading System - String Stars ( beef )

Post by colouredchameleon »

The one part of the complete system which to me appears to be an issue when it comes to having a backup string ready to go is being able to purchase string stars by themselves. Can only find complete Sound Deading System for sale any where.
To me having to transfer them from your old string to a new replacement string in the field defeats the Excalibur advantage of being able to easyily replace your string on the go while maintaining your zero .

Unless the bow shops I deal with just don't carry them as a separate item for some reason.

Or

And I also have it wrong in thinking that with vs without them effects speed .
xcaliber

Re: Sound Deading System - String Stars ( beef )

Post by xcaliber »

Try these, I would order a few sets to keep the weight the same, just me though. I used these on my vertical bows, but not crossbows, never had one come out
http://www.vaportrailarchery.com/product/string-bats/
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Jus a personal opinion, i think those string thingys are are waste of time n samolians n yer mileage may diff
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
RobD

Post by RobD »

I am with vixenmaster. The set that came with my 360TD is still on the factory string. That string is in an envelope. I don't miss them.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I don’t use them with any of my Excalibur models either, any added weight to your string will reduce speed.
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Unfortunately I am in to full hunting mode for the next two weeks ( shorter if the right shooter comes into range).
I am set up with them in place on the original string that came on my Micro 360TD Pro.
Will have to compare later with and without Stars to get sense of the difference.
For now will bring along my Equinox as my back up just incase for now. It is set up for hunting so ready to go if need be.

Still think they should be easyily available at dealers if Excalibur believes / stands by the benifits of their use. :?: :?: :?: :?:

Only ones I have been able to find are only included inside the Complete Sound Damping Accessory Package ( $79.00). :shock:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I hear you, that’s why I posted the other option. You can download an app on your phone dB meter that works well, and chronograph the bow and make your decision. I’ll see if I have any in my gear box, if I do you can have them.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

colouredchameleon wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:19 am
Unfortunately I am in to full hunting mode for the next two weeks ( shorter if the right shooter comes into range).
I am set up with them in place on the original string that came on my Micro 360TD Pro.
Will have to compare later with and without Stars to get sense of the difference.
For now will bring along my Equinox as my back up just incase for now. It is set up for hunting so ready to go if need be.

Still think they should be easyily available at dealers if Excalibur believes / stands by the benifits of their use. :?: :?: :?: :?:

Only ones I have been able to find are only included inside the Complete Sound Damping Accessory Package ( $79.00). :shock:
I case you're wondering you can get "string stars" from Bow Jax.
Bow Jax calls them "Slip Jax".

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!