Which heated vest??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

janesy

Re: Which heated vest??

Post by janesy »

Yesterday was -8C with a sharp wind and wind chill. Not really cold, but I figure for a first chilly sit I better step it up.
Busted out the full snow camo January Coyote gear multiple layers balaclava and Sorel Glaciers. I tell ya, it was nice, just straight up balmy. Had a super nap in the snow from 2:15-2:45 or so.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
CFD940

Post by CFD940 »

Owl Creek. I got an email from voltheat.com they are going to be offering an upgraded battery for the vest. Basically the vest will now have a remote control. Mine did not have that feature. Whenever I wanted to adjust the heat I had to unzip my outer layer coat reach into the pocket where the battery is located and press the heat adjustment button. The new battery is suppose to come out this week. I’ll be buying one as soon as it’s offered. The email did not give a price. Please understand I have no horse in this race. The vest is pricey but it does work very well for me. Good luck.
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

janesy wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:56 pm
Yesterday was -8C with a sharp wind and wind chill. Not really cold, but I figure for a first chilly sit I better step it up.
Busted out the full snow camo January Coyote gear multiple layers balaclava and Sorel Glaciers. I tell ya, it was nice, just straight up balmy. Had a super nap in the snow from 2:15-2:45 or so.
Ya but -8 is only 17 in real degrees lol 0 in real degrees now thats cold :crazy: :wink:

I agree with the bibs I waited until off season at Cabelas and got some good gortex bibs and a good coat was hunting in December in Kansas a few years ago late bow and it was -1 F sat 4 hours no problem !

I hear if you wear that Sitka stuff you spend most of your time taking selfies to put on instashame :lol:
janesy

Post by janesy »

Timbrhuntr wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:46 am
janesy wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:56 pm
Ya but -8 is only 17 in real degrees lol 0 in real degrees now thats cold :crazy: :wink:

I agree with the bibs I waited until off season at Cabelas and got some good gortex bibs and a good coat was hunting in December in Kansas a few years ago late bow and it was -1 F sat 4 hours no problem !

I hear if you wear that Sitka stuff you spend most of your time taking selfies to put on instashame :lol:
Real degrees, as in the only place on the planet it applies? :lol:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

There are times when I can be a cheapskate and when I was looking at heated vests last year, I couldn't bring myself to buy one. This year I broke down and bought an alcheapo vest. This one was under $50.00 with no power pack. I didn't want to have to buy an expensive battery and I have a few power packs. I used it yesterday afternoon and it works just fine!
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07XZHSZ3D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now I want an electric foot/insole heater.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:53 am
There are times when I can be a cheapskate and when I was looking at heated vests last year, I couldn't bring myself to buy one. This year I broke down and bought an alcheapo vest. This one was under $50.00 with no power pack. I didn't want to have to buy an expensive battery and I have a few power packs. I used it yesterday afternoon and it works just fine!
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07XZHSZ3D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

.....and an electric "#$@*)^" to snuggle snuggle with, eh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Boo

Post by Boo »

amythntr wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:25 pm
Boo wrote:

Anthony, you're losing it buddy! You posted twice but 6 minutes apart. I welcome you to the last half of your life :lol: :lol: :lol:
Owl Creek

Post by Owl Creek »

CFD940 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:16 am
Owl Creek. I got an email from voltheat.com they are going to be offering an upgraded battery for the vest. Basically the vest will now have a remote control. Mine did not have that feature. Whenever I wanted to adjust the heat I had to unzip my outer layer coat reach into the pocket where the battery is located and press the heat adjustment button. The new battery is suppose to come out this week. I’ll be buying one as soon as it’s offered. The email did not give a price. Please understand I have no horse in this race. The vest is pricey but it does work very well for me. Good luck.
Thanks
BullDog 330
Deadzone.
TriggerTech.
Dr. Sturrip
BEE's

BullDog 360
Nikon Bolt aka P3
Zombie Slayers

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Boo

Post by Boo »

So the cheap vest just didn't work out. When it got colder, it felt like just a few warm patches on my torso. So I broke down and bought an Ewool vest. Amazing! It heats your whole torso, including your neck. Its 12 volts so it can be hooked up to a snow sled, motorcycle etc.
Owl Creek

Post by Owl Creek »

Thanks Boo..
BullDog 330
Deadzone.
TriggerTech.
Dr. Sturrip
BEE's

BullDog 360
Nikon Bolt aka P3