just my luck!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cardinalsfanforever

just my luck!

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

2nd attempt for on a buck from this stand.[img][imghttps://i.postimg.cc/VfYMFhMM/IMG-1472.jpg[img][/imghttps://i.postimg.cc/Sssnbw7v/IMG-1473-2.jpg. following deer in scope, slowly pulling trigger, it I don't remember seeing obstacle in scope. magnification too hi?
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
janesy

Re: just my luck!

Post by janesy »

Cardinalsfanforever wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:42 pm
2nd attempt for on a buck from this stand.

following deer in scope, slowly pulling trigger, it I don't remember seeing obstacle in scope. magnification too hi?
Bark Soup? That's frustrating
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I've done that more times than I care to admit, though normally not on a tree that big. :lol: It happens. I've found that as it starts to get dark, saplings are one of the first things to disappear from view. They're still there. You just don't see them anymore until your arrow goes bouncing off target.

If you're shooting at a deer that is moving, I'm guessing it could occur even more frequently. Good luck on getting the buck back in range for a rematch.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Cardinalsfanforever

I on't remember the tree ever coming into view. Is the magnification turned up to hi? using a stock scope. dead zone scope.
Can't begin to say how funny my son thought it was.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Cardinalsfanforever wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:02 pm
I on't remember the tree ever coming into view. Is the magnification turned up to hi? using a stock scope. dead zone scope.
Can't begin to say how funny my son thought it was.
Before you decide on the magnification, I'd go back and assess the situation through the scope again. How much light was there? how fast were you following? how close was the tree? Oh, and how big was the rack? All details that could very very easily cause the tree to be missed in the field of view under pressure.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Cardinalsfanforever

Not a huge rack, but I was still excited. Yet to score a kill with crossbow. after thinking about it more, I'm going to let that buck walk. I think he is 2 yrs old and want to see what he will have next year for a rack. I think he is a pup of a doe that lives in our woods. he was a fork horn last year, small 8 pt. this year. body long and lean, not big in back end yet.
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

I once missed and couldn't figure it out. About a week later I noticed a little slice on the side of the ground blind window. That explained it! Things happen :crazy: