Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bcxbow

Re: Excalibur taking a beating.

Post by Bcxbow »

xcaliber wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:49 pm
xcaliber wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:25 pm
Never had a limb issue, I’m on my eighth Excalibur and shot the snot out of every one of them. Luck, maybe. :eusa-popcorn:
I'm not saying folks don't have legitimate issues, or that there were never any issues that maybe were the from the design, but I have had NONE! I also don't know how anyone could bash a brand that takes such good care of their customers. When you're not taken care of, BITCH away, by all means! Otherwise, move along!
I wish we had a standing ovation emoji because this post deserves one. Well said Dan :clap:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
janesy

Post by janesy »

I'm so confident in my excaliburs I've voided all the warranties! :lol:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

janesy wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:14 pm
I'm so confident in my excaliburs I've voided all the warranties! :lol:
:clap:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

If they dislike their crossbows that much, I'll make them an offer for it. Junk deserves a junk price. I'll add to my collection of 2 excals. :eusa-dance:
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

xcaliber wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:49 pm
xcaliber wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:25 pm
Never had a limb issue, I’m on my eighth Excalibur and shot the snot out of every one of them. Luck, maybe. :eusa-popcorn:
I'm not saying folks don't have legitimate issues, or that there were never any issues that maybe were the from the design, but I have had NONE! I also don't know how anyone could bash a brand that takes such good care of their customers. When you're not taken care of, BITCH away, by all means! Otherwise, move along!
Only limb issue I had with my Exomax was self induced. Dawn got me new limbs under warranty plus I bought an extra set but probably won't need them now that I installed the Guardian Anti-Dry-Fire system. I would not of had any problem with being charged for my new limbs since I dry fired it a couple of times. Paying for my mistakes makes me more careful the next time!! :thumbup:

I don't shoot mine as much as many people do but I do shoot it enough to really appreciate the accuracy and reliability. It's been pulled up into my tree stand and let back down too many times to count and never an issue. I try to be careful with it but I don't baby it by any means. It is a very durable and tough crossbow.

So I'll say if you have legitimate issues why first spill it all over the forum instead of working it out with Excalibur. After the issue is resolved whether it is a positive or negative result then post an honest and well thought out thread so we can all learn something. I've had enough problems trying to work out Warranty issues with other companies to really appreciate Excalibur!!

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
Potter

Post by Potter »

I to am having problems with my bd 440, I'm waiting on my 3rd set of limbs . I put 2nd set on with new string ,set brace height, cocked bow to stretch new string, within minutes I heard limb crack,decked and saw splinter. I love excalibur service, but the quality of these limbs seem very poor. I have less than 100 shots on bow.cant wait to get my third set. I'm still ok to hunt with splintered limbs and hopefully they will solve their limb issues till then I will just keep replacing them.
Bulldog 440. Exocet 200
Potter

Post by Potter »

I to am having problems with my bd 440, I'm waiting on my 3rd set of limbs . I put 2nd set on with new string ,set brace height, cocked bow to stretch new string, within minutes I heard limb crack,decked and saw splinter. I love excalibur service, but the quality of these limbs seem very poor. I have less than 100 shots on bow.cant wait to get my third set. I'm still ok to hunt with splintered limbs and hopefully they will solve their limb issues till then I will just keep replacing them.
Bulldog 440. Exocet 200
xpert1111

Post by xpert1111 »

Starting to wonder myself. Does it have anything to do with Bowtech? New Assassin 420TD purchased in September had cracked limb after a few shots. Warranty dept. shipped out new limbs immediately which was great. I realize nothing is perfect so I was OK with this. My Matrix 380 never had limb issues so now with the new limbs installed fast forward to November 25th and have a small crack on one of the new limbs. I would have never noticed it but after the 1st bad limb issue I check my limbs religiously each time I hunt. I do not shoot a lot and rarely practice during the hunting season. I take great care with all my equipment and have never dropped it or misused the bow. Two cracked limbs within 2 months is not really acceptable no matter how great the warranty service is. :|
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I think 380 is fast enough, and reaching beyond that with a recurve design is going to invite possible issues beyond the norm. I don’t know a lot about the materials, the process, or the testing practices but I gotta think this will be addressed and resolved. I’m an impatient person and stay away from first model year anything knowing you cannot test for everything in the design phase. I hope engineering works this out soon, meanwhile I will enjoy my slow bows. :eusa-popcorn:
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Fact is all crossbow manufactures have issues, difference is if you have a problem with an Excalibur you will most likely be back up and running within a week or so at no charge other than possibly shipping. With a wheel bow you are lucky to have it repaired the same season and usually
at some expense to the owner. I’ve had very few issues with Excalibur bows over the years that weren’t self induced.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
Rubicon1000

Post by Rubicon1000 »

I had a limb splinter on my 405 a couple years ago and since I got it back I've shot quite a bit and I bought an extra pair of limbs just in case but it's looking like I won't need them.
I don't baby my bow during hunting season but I do try and take care of it, I really don't think I would be happy with any other brand, these things are built like a tank and if you need the warranty they are always polite and easy to get repairs done without trying to explain what happened. I love being able to change strings and not lose any hunting time.
Mega 405 and a matrix 330.
xpert1111

Post by xpert1111 »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:13 pm
I think 380 is fast enough, and reaching beyond that with a recurve design is going to invite possible issues beyond the norm. I don’t know a lot about the materials, the process, or the testing practices but I gotta think this will be addressed and resolved. I’m an impatient person and stay away from first model year anything knowing you cannot test for everything in the design phase. I hope engineering works this out soon, meanwhile I will enjoy my slow bows. :eusa-popcorn:
My 380 is fast enough but I like the integrated crank of the 420TD since I had shoulder surgery in July. Company should not push out faster bows if there is a limb problem.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

So sorry to hear of your injury, and hope you get this resolved. Again, the best company to deal with bar none. If I were you I would get the heaviest arrows I could, and a fat Flemish String with extra strands until this thing is resolved. Maybe an extra set of limbs on hand as well. That's a relatively cheap insurance policy in my opinion!
xpert1111

Post by xpert1111 »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:32 pm
So sorry to hear of your injury, and hope you get this resolved. Again, the best company to deal with bar none. If I were you I would get the heaviest arrows I could, and a fat Flemish String with extra strands until this thing is resolved. Maybe an extra set of limbs on hand as well. That's a relatively cheap insurance policy in my opinion!
Yes I agree great customer service. Dawn is sending out new limbs but this will be my 3rd set. Like I said I do not shoot a lot and will have to see if I can return this bow for something else if this happens again.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Happy Thanksgiving! Got my 3rd set of limbs, yesterday put on shot 10 times today everything fine no splinters or creakinG sounds. Thanks excalibur!
Bulldog 440. Exocet 200