Crossbow not getting any action...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XB I GO

Crossbow not getting any action...

Post by XB I GO »

Happy Thanksgiving! My brother and I have been hunting every day since the 22nd but no deer. We both saw does every time out but we want a buck. I had a chance at this deer we call Crazy Horn. We have seen him for 4 years now. He always has one nice antler and one mangled lump on the right side. The good side has more points this year but still isn't that big. Here he is:

We have been getting enough squirrels for a pie using PCP's. Our recipe is: Squirrel meat in the food processor. Brown meat. Put cooked sweet potato (or your favorite white potato) in the blender with two caps of vanilla, two tablespoons of cinnamon, one teaspoon of honey, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Make a past and spread in graham cracker crust and bake like any other pie. We use 425 degrees for about 20 minutes.

I never knew how to trap but I have seen it in magazines and a TV show, so I wanted to try it. My Dad showed me how to set up traps and what to do to make a trap line. I set up a baited snare and got a racoon on the first night. Little did I know that my Dad would make me skin and tan it. Boy they got a lot of fat. I am going to make something from the skin when its done.

This year we did not get to travel to hunt and our friend Mr. Gary that invites us every Thanksgiving wasn't home this year. We are doing all of our hunting on our little property in the City, so bow and air power only (which is fine with us). My brother is hunting this morning and I am going this afternoon. After that, we will have to wait until later in the year because it is back to school and basketball. Good luck to everyone here that is trying to get a deer!

XB
longbow joe

Re: Crossbow not getting any action...

Post by longbow joe »

Good luck xb. I still have not shot a buck yet but that's fine with me I'm holding out and if l keep passing up these smaller bucks they will only be bigger next year.
Some patience is all that it takes sometimes.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....good luck XB....hey if you ever want to sell some of that hair, I'm sure there would be many takers on this forum! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

amythntr wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:59 am
.....good luck XB....hey if you ever want to sell some of that hair, I'm sure there would be many takers on this forum! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahahahaha

Just be patience it will pay off.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

ihunt wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:25 pm
amythntr wrote:

Hahahahaha

Just be patience it will pay off.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

amythntr wrote:

Every dollar I don't spend on hair products is one dollar closer to the next bow buddy! :thumbup: <- same hair cut as me.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme