Crossbow prices

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

Crossbow prices

Post by Carnivorous »

Just got the email for a free case if I buy one of the TD models. So naturally I clicked on some of the models to check them out. Woooo. I'm out and keeping what I got! Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
longbow joe

Re: Crossbow prices

Post by longbow joe »

I remember back in the late 80's and 90's you could buy a top of line compound for 350 dollars then they just rocketed up well more than normal.
It s all gone crazy. I have no desire for most of the new contraptions l love the older...."classic "models .
Excalibur still cant actually make a model that most actually want.....and one that nobody has tried to sell. ....a tru ultra lite crossbow that shoots around 300 fps
Instead of the speed wars do something out of the box and totally pioneer
And shut me up.lol....maby send me one to test out first.
I have half a mind to make my own and just might be my next project with one of the vortexes l bought.
I've got friends with "shaving machines " and l can drill holes....l can see it now New for 2020 ..."The new micro brick" dont wade with it.. sorry I'm in a crappy mood taking it out on some one makes me feel better.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
janesy

Post by janesy »

They are certainly expensive, but it's all relative these days. A house cost 2x the amount to build it cost 5 years ago.
A base model pickup cost the price of many people's houses when they bought it. Where I'm at, people think a subdivision house is getting up there when it list at 900 or more.

$50 for gloves? $400+ for quality rain gear??

$200 for every pair of boots? Yet there are not boots that do everything? Rain Boots, cold boots, light boots, warm boots, treestand boots, snake boots .... We are the product of the machine we have created.

But the meat is still free! :lol: :lol:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Ebay has a brand new Excalibur Assassin 360 bow for $715.00!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I talked my brother into finally upgrading his crossbow and he picked up a Micro 340 Axe with a stringing aid for $515 US. Coming from a 17 year old Horton, he was quite impressed. Three shots at 20y to sight in, then one shot each at 30 and 40 that each hit the bullseye. He's convinced and hasn't even shot a deer with it yet. :clap:

But I agree with the costs. My Micro 335 from four years ago cost more than my ExoMax did nine years earlier back when it was the flagship model. But my Matrix 350 from a year ago is full camo and was hundreds less than my Micro. There are some decent deals (Axe :thumbup: ), just not for any of the top of the line models. Most of them are in the stratosphere up near TenPoint and approaching Ravin :crazy: .
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I hope that a few more models similar to the Axe in terms of price point come out in next years line up. The price is right for a capable, reliable, and well made crossbow in my opinion, and there is plenty of market share to go after in that "entry level" pricing. JMHO!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I think the Axe will be the only entry level bow for 2020 too! The TD models seem to be Excalibur’s thing now. Totally useless to a majority of hunters!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

The axe is a bargain and a great bow lm sure it's a great seller.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

i am leaning more towards staying with my 355 and 330 and add cranks rather than dishing out the kind of cash they go for :shock: :thumbdown: . but then maybe i'll win the lotto :lol: :thumbup:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
Ontario Savage

Post by Ontario Savage »

I'm plenty happy with my matrix 350 le :)
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

Ontario Savage wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:44 pm
I'm plenty happy with my matrix 350 le :)
I am happy with my Exomax. All my cars are kept until they won’t run anymore to. Love the new crossbows but don’t need to upgrade. The Exomax does the job and then some with no issues.

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

AND yet if you keep your eyes open you can buy hardly used 380's (and others) for $400-500 fully equipped.
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I am very happy with what I have . With a little switchen around I can have any bow that I want to shoot. I think i'll just stick with what I have .They all work . Matrix and Micro are all I need. :thumbup:
W.M.
Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 »

Makes the used crossbow market look really good doesn't it? I think that I bought my first and last new crossbow 5 years ago but can still get plenty of 'new to me' bows and not lose money if I am patient. :thumbup: I
rmb721

Post by rmb721 »

I am sticking with the one's I have, two Equinox, a Vortex, and a Phoenix.

I see no reason at all for me to change.