BC Proposal to BAN Scopes on Crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ko4nrbs

Re: BC Proposal to BAN Scopes on Crossbows

Post by ko4nrbs »

ihunt wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:37 pm
So then what's next no scopes on rifles cause some hunters can shoots their game a few hundred yards away? I guess it will be iron sights?
What's next?? They ban everything but spears and the spear can not a shaft on it longer than 3 feet. All spear hunters will have to undergo a psychiatric evaluation to determine if they are crazy enough to hunt with a spear!! All passing the evaluation will then be committed to an institution until hunting season is over.

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

ihunt wrote:
So then what's next no scopes on rifles cause some hunters can shoots their game a few hundred yards away? I guess it will be iron sights?
A rifle is not used in a primitive weapon or archery season ! Many jurisdictions do not allow the use of scopes during muzzleloader seasons.
Ontario Savage

Post by Ontario Savage »

IronNoggin wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:29 pm
Already some rather significant inroads have been made behind the scenes in determining just where this BS originated, and who supported it. There will be some surprises in store for some once that has been collated for all involved. Can't say much more yet, but there will be some rather pointed public announcements coming out in the near future in this regard. Once that is completed, there will be very little doubt as to "who" is tossing their fellow hunters under the bus...

On other fronts the letter I drafted to the Ministry is being vetted by my legal representative.
Bottom line is if the province proceeds, they will face an immediate legal challenge.
While we hope to avoid that, we are indeed prepared to engage if it becomes required...

Nog
That's truly a sad state of affairs..we've got enough with anti hunters etc trying to ban hunting entirely and yet some chose to divide us hunters from within...unreal...
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Timbrhuntr wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:20 pm
ihunt wrote:
A rifle is not used in a primitive weapon or archery season ! Many jurisdictions do not allow the use of scopes during muzzleloader seasons.
I know that rifles not allowed during archery season but the topic is about scopes maybe being banned.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

ihunt wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:39 am
Timbrhuntr wrote:
ihunt wrote:
I know that rifles not allowed during archery season but the topic is about scopes maybe being banned.
Yes scopes being banned during archery seasons !
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Timbrhuntr wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:16 am
ihunt wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:39 am
Timbrhuntr wrote:

Yes scopes being banned during archery seasons !
I'm curious, do you think scopes being banned on crossbows during archery season is acceptable or reasonable?

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Yes but it is my understanding that this for all bows not just crossbows.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Timbrhuntr wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:48 am
Wow! That's completely ridiculous. Perhaps you should lead by example...maybe look for a low poundage bow like a Vixen and cut the rail down. After all, no need for that crazy speed. :roll: :eusa-think:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

paulaboutform wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:49 pm
Timbrhuntr wrote:
Wow! That's completely ridiculous. Perhaps you should lead by example...maybe look for a low poundage bow like a Vixen and cut the rail down. After all, no need for that crazy speed. :roll: :eusa-think:

Paul
I'm not really sure what your point is.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Timbrhuntr wrote:
The title line of the proposal stated "archery equipment" but if you read one paragraph further into the rationale for the proposal it states this...

"Crossbow technology has advanced in recent years and their operation has become easier; some users consider a modern crossbow to be more similar to a firearm than a bow. There is mixed support for crossbows during bow only seasons; many jurisdictions have prohibited crossbows during bow only seasons. In B.C., crossbows are still permitted. As a compromise between permitting and prohibiting crossbows during bow only seasons, it is proposed to reduce the effectiveness of modern versions of these weapons by prohibiting scopes."

So no, it's not for all bows. This is crossbow specific.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

This line is just plain stupid!

"As a compromise between permitting and prohibiting crossbows during bow only seasons, it is proposed to reduce the effectiveness of modern versions of these weapons by prohibiting scopes."

Reduce the effectiveness? Why? So you will have more wounded animals??

I feel for our brothers in BC and sadly the people in charge are obviously clueless!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Carnivorous wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:06 am

X2

My thoughts exactly.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

Seems like there are some very spiteful people out there!! Hunt the way I think you should or else!!

This kind of crap is going on here to. Got a group of people who have decided they are the sole protectors of archery. I never miss an opportunity to really tear into them when they get in my face. I try to avoid them but invariably cross paths with them.

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

"Scopes on Bows during Bow Only Seasons

Regulation Number: 2020-0-05

Region: Province-Wide

Regulation Type: General Open Season, Limited Entry Hunting

Species: All

Closing Date: January 17, 2020 at midnight

Decision Statement: Pending

Current Regulations:

There are currently no regulations that prohibit the use of a scope on archery equipment during bow only seasons.
Proposed Regulations:

Prohibit the use of scopes on bows during bow-only seasons"

I do not read anything in this that states it is for crossbows only !! Yes the rational they state is that they are against modern technology on crossbow scopes but it is still for all bows !
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

ihunt wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:18 am
Carnivorous wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:06 am

X2

My thoughts exactly.
The point of reducing the effectivness is not for wounding but for the effectivness in killing more game. If the number of harvested animals goes up to unacceptable rates during the archery season which is traditionally for less effective types of equipment then the season or the weapon has to be changed.