Crossbow prices

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BrotherRon

Re: Crossbow prices

Post by BrotherRon »

I think I will just stick with my Matrix 310.
It has taken several deer in the 5 years I have had it and is a pleasure to cock and shoot. :thumbup:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I think I'm good for life too Ron. When I bought the Axe I cut down 20 arrows 2" shorter for it & the Micro 355. I kept 20 at the longer size for the Matrix bows, 330 & 380. I have two lengths of stings now for the 4 bows, and Flemish Strings are none issue. I would have to be crazy to want another anything in terms of a crossbow, but I have been looking! :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
timbikeride

Post by timbikeride »

I'm an Excalibur fan and have owned several in the past, but can't really see why they're priced as high or higher than comparable performance compound crossbows.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I'm sure most you speak of are made in china.....reflects the price. I'm sure a recurve limb is harder to produce than a drilled through the limb wheel bow.
See if the wheel bow is working as well as a excalibur in 15 years or if parts are available.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

bigbowman wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:03 pm
Ebay has a brand new Excalibur Assassin 360 bow for $715.00!
..... yes they do... and it surely seems to be legit!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Excalibur-Assassin-360-Strata-Crossbow/123948852068?epid=15035164952&hash=item1cdbed6364:g:1G0AAOSw5nJdryjN

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

I have come to realize why the Matrix 380 was discontinued.
It was their BEST!
And folks that collected them were unlikely to buy another.

That's my story & I am sticking to it!! :angel:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Nog, I think the original three Matrix models are the bomb! The 355 I think was the best, but the 380 is also great. The best however was the long limb Vortex, the reason I say that is I have never heard of any issues with those 200# models. I’m sticking with that!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

xcaliber wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:25 pm
Nog, I think the original three Matrix models are the bomb! The 355 I think was the best, but the 380 is also great. The best however was the long limb Vortex, the reason I say that is I have never heard of any issues with those 200# models. I’m sticking with that!
I agree on the matrix models but for me the 175 lb long limb models were awesome and sweet shooters for shooting long periods of time.
SEW

Post by SEW »

Buying lightly used is extremely cost effective. Getting the latest and greatest at full retail price isn’t , and sometimes has quite a risk.
How many glowing threads, posts on the Nitro XRT and Nemesis 480 have you seen lately?
Selling used crossbows all set up to hunt: scope, arrows broadheads, sighted in, fully checking out the new owner for an hour or two is THE way to help not loose any money at the end of your ownership. I did this with 2 M405s and a M380. I lost no money.
BD 400 will likely never leave.
Scouring eBay, Amazon, pro shops in Jan, Feb, trading posts can really pay off.

I’m deep into smokeless powder MLing now for >20 years. I have 3. My 45 is 19 years old, my 40 is 17-18 years old and I just bought a custom made 45 that is a few years old. $1500 for this used custom made and about a $1,000 for each of the other two. All are marketable for more than is in them.
Crossbows? A mid-level crossbow costs more than the vast majority of centerfire or MLing rifles that are used usually for decades.

With crossbows generally costing from $600-$2700 and having an average ownership of 3-5 years, and just 1 year for many, then having a resale that is dreadful , this is one very expensive sport for many! That’s by their choice , of course. Getting new, higher performing crossbows seems to not increase harvest rates. So, a lot of expense for little to no increase in harvest rates.

So, why is all this money being spent?
timbikeride

Post by timbikeride »

longbow joe wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:13 pm
I'm sure most you speak of are made in china.....reflects the price.
Actually most I’m speaking of are just about all the major quality crossbow companies. Most not made in China as far as I know.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.... I follow the principle, “if one is bought, one has to be sold.”

I am over due.... I think the Scorpyd is going, my BIL has adopted BadaBing😎... so that would leave me with 2...A360 and the 420TD....I just don’t see any reason to have more than 2....

Anthony😀
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

IronNoggin wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:56 pm
I have come to realize why the Matrix 380 was discontinued.
It was their BEST!
And folks that collected them were unlikely to buy another.

That's my story & I am sticking to it!! :angel:

Cheers,
Nog
My brother agrees with you. Deadly accurate and carry’s well. I doubt he will be in the market for another crossbow any time soon.
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35