Need a good recipe.......

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Reinyrooster

Need a good recipe.......

Post by Reinyrooster »

.....for tag soup. Sat for the last time this season this afternoon. Decoy Delores let me down and could not persuade any of her look-a-likes to come out and investigate.
2016 I didn't hunt at all as I quadruple bypass right at the beginning of the season.
2017 I took a week off to go hunting and spent it putting down laminate flooring through most of the upper level at home. Made it out 2-3 times with no luck.
2018 the hip was acting up so bad that I could barley walk to the bush so I only went out 2-3 times with no luck.
2019 got the new hip the day before the season opened....rehabbed enough that I was able to get out 5-6 times but Bambi didn't get the memo and wouldn't come out to let me try the new Micro.
I will spend the evening sorting out and putting away the gear and dream of next season.
Congratulations to those that were able to put meat in the freezer.
longbow joe

Re: Need a good recipe.......

Post by longbow joe »

No worries your health is more important and you always have next year and be healthier to boot.
Go out and buy some nice ribeye steaks and forgeddabout it ! the ribeye tastes like a hundred times better anyway!
I just took a doe to the butcher that l shot for a friend for a hundred bucks it would have bought a lot of steak lol.
These darn deer here have so many ticks l just dont want em in my garage being butchered the little basrarrrds crawl everywhere.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I missed last season with the heart issues, but bought a three tag bundle hoping to hunt. First hunt out went horrible and that was it. 2016, knee surgery, mom very ill, daughters wedding in late October. Just get better, and as Joe said, get some steaks. Hoping next year goes great for! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

You did good! You are healthy enough to whine a bit about not hunting enough, still going to the can without help and haven't given away your hunting stuff! Lastly, you aren't living in Afganistan wondering what the internet is :shock:
Today is my last day, still holding out for some antlers. We can share recipes tonight! :eusa-dance:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Good luck Don.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
grouse

Post by grouse »

I'm deerless with my crossbow this year as well. We have a 4 point on one side minimum for bucks in the county where I hunt and I've had several illegal bucks in range, but nothing legal. While I have seen many does from my stands this season, none of them ever came within range. Our season closes January 15, so I will probably get out one more time, but I'm not optimistic. It has still been fun, I've seen lots of deer, and my freezer is full from the two deer ( a buck and a doe) I killed with my rifle. It's been too easy other years and this will make my next crossbow kill that much more sweet!

Happy New Year!
axiom
350 SE