Bottle up 2019!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DuckHunt

Bottle up 2019!

Post by DuckHunt »

2019 was an unbelievable season for me. Looking back, I believe I have trail camera photos of all three bucks. Some were taken well before the season, and others didn't show up on camera until the week they were harvested.
I plan to be a bit more selective in 2020 but it'll be hard to pass up a decent buck. I'm considering hanging up the guns and using archery only. That would certainly extend the length of my archery season. Though everything I harvested in 2019 was in bow range, so maybe not. The 2019 season was hard to explain. The rut peak fell during a full moon and I predicted we would have a down year because of it. Boy was I wrong. Six of the ten deer our group took was during the first two weeks of November within a week of the full moon. Oh well. Sometimes you just have to get out there even though you're not confident the conditions are perfect.

Bring on 2020!
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
longbow joe

Re: Bottle up 2019!

Post by longbow joe »

Some years are just awesome enjoy it . You never know next year might be better
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

DuckHunt wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:33 pm
Oh well. Sometimes you just have to get out there even though you're not confident the conditions are perfect.
Bring on 2020!
You nailed it with that comment!! When feeling less confident in deer showing up it is difficult to drag yourself out of bed and go. We all do it anyway and that is what makes us hunters. Not so much about the kill as it is just being in the woods. I have to thank my Dad and my Uncle James, Dad's older brother, for instilling the passion in me. Both of them were seriously wounded in WW2 but never let the pain slow them down. War wounds sometimes have lingering effects. Most don't think about that.

As a kid I found it hard to keep up with them!! May they Rest in Peace!!

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

ko4nrbs wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:40 am
DuckHunt wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:33 pm
Oh well. Sometimes you just have to get out there even though you're not confident the conditions are perfect.
Bring on 2020!
You nailed it with that comment!! When feeling less confident in deer showing up it is difficult to drag yourself out of bed and go. We all do it anyway and that is what makes us hunters. Not so much about the kill as it is just being in the woods. I have to thank my Dad and my Uncle James, Dad's older brother, for instilling the passion in me. Both of them were seriously wounded in WW2 but never let the pain slow them down. War wounds sometimes have lingering effects. Most don't think about that.

As a kid I found it hard to keep up with them!! May they Rest in Peace!!

Heading out for my last hunt this morning. Hope the 6 point is still lingering around!!

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35