Micro 340 TD

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ComfyBear

Micro 340 TD

Post by ComfyBear »

I like my Axe 340 so much that I'm thinking of getting the 340 TD to keep it company.

Has anyone on here pulled the trigger one? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
hunter with MS

Re: Micro 340 TD

Post by hunter with MS »

I'm thinking of picking one up my self as I also have the axe . Reason being I travel some in a small car where having to use the big case takes up room last year I had to put the cross bow on top of everything in the back seat using the take down would be much easier and would take up less room . I also would like to hear from anyone that has one or has shoot one
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....me personally I have NO use for the TD feature....hence I sold the case....If I remember correctly the riser is solid to the rail but the stirrup does move (rattle) a little when fully engaged.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Normous

Post by Normous »

Buy a 69 cent allan wrench first.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Normous wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:25 am
Buy a 69 cent allan wrench first.
.....probably have one .....didn't shoot it a whole lot in October but that was my recollection from when I shot!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Though I haven't taken it hunting yet, I think I'm going to like the TD function of my new bow. Like others, I was a little apprehensive at first because I held one at Cabela's and things weren't as tight and solid as I thought they would be. Well, the new bow comes with diagrams and instructions on how to adjust the tension. It wasn't necessary because everything is nice and tight on my new bow. There is no wiggle or slack anywhere when the stirrup is locked in place. There is no telling how many hands handled the bow at Cabela's and whether any of them made some of their own adjustments. It simply needed the tension adjusted which only requires an allen wrench and a wrench for the lock nut.

I only live about 15 minutes from my hunting area and have always placed our bows in the back seat of my Jeep. While that works fine for now, I will certainly need a different solution once I start having to use an ATV or boat for part of my trip back in Arkansas. I have a hard case that will get used on occasion, but the soft TD case will fit perfect in the dry storage on the boat or on the rack of my ATV.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 »

I thought the TD feature would be nice so put a hand removable bolt on my Micro 355. It worked great but I didn't really use it at all and went back to the factory bolt. For traveling, removing 1 Allen bolt is trivial and much simpler than the TD mechanism so I view it as a solution looking for a problem.
I played with the Axe 340 and it's a fantastic little bow. If I had one that needed company, I would be looking at the Micro 400 model just to have something 'extra'. Or find a used Micro 355 for 1/3 the cost of a TD model... :thumbup:
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

I would be interested if it had a full suppression kit and a pro shot acp trigger
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
janesy

Post by janesy »

mchurch wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:19 pm
I would be interested if it had a full suppression kit and a pro shot acp trigger
And the front end of the 400Suppressor.

On a side note they do offer the 340TD with the sound gear, but not the trigger on the pro model
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme