OT - What's Going On in VA

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nchunterkw

OT - What's Going On in VA

Post by nchunterkw »

For those of you that live in Virginia, what's the real story with the gun legislation? Being closer to it that I, I figure y'all have some good insight.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
xcaliber

Re: OT - What's Going On in VA

Post by xcaliber »

My opinion, the radical left Dumacrooks are trying hard to turn in into a society where the government tells us how to act, and what we need to protect ourselves and family members. They attack our constitution every chance that they can without regard for law abiding citizens that have the right to keep and bare arms. If this constitutional right is taken away, what is next? An armed society is a safe society. The government needs to be tough on criminals, illegal immigration, and wasteful spending. Rant over!
The people of Virginia have spoken, the governing idiots are still pressing on as far as I know. I’m hoping that the federal government can pass a unified gun law for all legal citizens that allow us freedom to carry in ALL states, maybe I’m way out there with that one, but hopeful.
I’m hoping that the federal government takes all funding away from sanctuary cities and the states that they reside in! Ranting again, sorry. :eusa-deadhorse:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

I agree 100% Dan

Signed
Deplorable Rube
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:10 pm
My opinion, the radical left Dumacrooks are trying hard to turn in into a society where the government tells us how to act, and what we need to protect ourselves and family members. They attack our constitution every chance that they can without regard for law abiding citizens that have the right to keep and bare arms. If this constitutional right is taken away, what is next? An armed society is a safe society. The government needs to be tough on criminals, illegal immigration, and wasteful spending. Rant over!
The people of Virginia have spoken, the governing idiots are still pressing on as far as I know. I’m hoping that the federal government can pass a unified gun law for all legal citizens that allow us freedom to carry in ALL states, maybe I’m way out there with that one, but hopeful.
I’m hoping that the federal government takes all funding away from sanctuary cities and the states that they reside in! Ranting again, sorry. :eusa-deadhorse:
Well said!! :clap:
I remember back in the day when concealed carry was first looked at here in Texas. A lot of well meaning people ask me if I was concerned about people being legally able to carry a firearm.
I always told them, it is NOT my concern for the man or woman who passes a background check, attends the classes, and abides by the law. It is with the criminal element who has NO regard for the law or the safety of his fellow citizen. This is the element of society that concerns me. Both back then and even more so today!!

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

AJ01 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:13 pm
xcaliber wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:10 pm
Well said!! :clap:
I remember back in the day when concealed carry was first looked at here in Texas. A lot of well meaning people ask me if I was concerned about people being legally able to carry a firearm.
I always told them, it is NOT my concern for the man or woman who passes a background check, attends the classes, and abides by the law. It is with the criminal element who has NO regard for the law or the safety of his fellow citizen. This is the element of society that concerns me. Both back then and even more so today!!

AJ
:clap: :clap: :clap: Well said indeed Dan, thank you! :thumbup:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Dan, I agree with what you say. It funny in some regards your laws are lax compared to ours, but then other laws the polar opposite is true. Short barreled shotguns and shipping firearms in the mail for examples

Could someone please, for the outsiders, post up a reference to what is being tabled. Please post up something as factual as possible so we can all be on the same page.

We are also in a constant battle for gun laws up here. And it's taken quite some time to get to where we are at. Positive and negative. After all these fights, we have settled on some aspects of gun laws that actually work. And some that are completely rediculous
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Well Chris, it’s kinda fell off the mainstream media around here. Basically they want to make assault rifles illegal. This would be by their definition for assault rifles, also no grandfather clause which would make anyone currently owning one a criminal.

It won’t stop there if it passes!
janesy

Post by janesy »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:48 pm
Well Chris, it’s kinda fell off the mainstream media around here. Basically they want to make assault rifles illegal. This would be by their definition for assault rifles, also no grandfather clause which would make anyone currently owning one a criminal.

It won’t stop there if it passes!
Sounds like the same thing they are doing up here. Except up here they are already illegal haha
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

I live in VA. and can't quite understand how the state can take my constitutional rights away...... The Idiots running VA. don't understand that you can't legalate morality!
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Good luck out there Mike, I don’t know when Va. went so far to the left, radicals are scary folks!
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Living in Canada all my life. I’ve been around firearms. I started hunting as a young lad after taking a hunter’s safety course. I shot and snared rabbits for my grandmother who made the best rabbit pies.it always amazes me when the police post all the photos of ILLEGAL GUNS after a big bust. I legally own many firearms and have never been in trouble with the law. Yet my rights as a legal gun owner are constantly being challenged
janesy

Post by janesy »

Stepnoutnb wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:26 am
Living in Canada all my life. I’ve been around firearms. I started hunting as a young lad after taking a hunter’s safety course. I shot and snared rabbits for my grandmother who made the best rabbit pies.it always amazes me when the police post all the photos of ILLEGAL GUNS after a big bust. I legally own many firearms and have never been in trouble with the law. Yet my rights as a legal gun owner are constantly being challenged
What about this amnesty "haul" from Waterloo in 2017 the police were pumping and patting backs in the media for months. Good job guys! 2 air rifles, a 30" 870 and a bunch of Cooey's.
The streets are safe in Waterloo tonight .

Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Stepnoutnb wrote:
... I legally own many firearms and have never been in trouble with the law. Yet my rights as a legal gun owner are constantly being challenged
True that. Same boat.
Owned pistols since I could walk.
Never any trouble with the law.
Constantly under fire from the lefties.

Unfortunately we are often our own worst enemies.
If you look at the current related Petition demanding Due Democratic process for the bans the lefties are promoting, with three days left we have just shy of 170,000 signatures. While that is the most signed Petition in Canada of this nature, it pales in light of the 2 MILLION plus firearm owners here. That petition should be in the million plus range, but it seems most are quite willing to sit on their hands and do nothing. Extremely disappointing!! :thumbdown:

The noted Petition for any that might care: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-2341

Sadly,
Matt
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

IronNoggin wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:59 pm
Stepnoutnb wrote:
... I legally own many firearms and have never been in trouble with the law. Yet my rights as a legal gun owner are constantly being challenged
True that. Same boat.
Owned pistols since I could walk.
Never any trouble with the law.
Constantly under fire from the lefties.

Unfortunately we are often our own worst enemies.
If you look at the current related Petition demanding Due Democratic process for the bans the lefties are promoting, with three days left we have just shy of 170,000 signatures. While that is the most signed Petition in Canada of this nature, it pales in light of the 2 MILLION plus firearm owners here. That petition should be in the million plus range, but it seems most are quite willing to sit on their hands and do nothing. Extremely disappointing!! :thumbdown:

The noted Petition for any that might care: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-2341

Sadly,
Matt
I’ve tried multiple time to sign that petition and have been rejected every time. Any ideas on how to get it signed?
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

janesy wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:00 am
Stepnoutnb wrote:
What about this amnesty "haul" from Waterloo in 2017 the police were pumping and patting backs in the media for months. Good job guys! 2 air rifles, a 30" 870 and a bunch of Cooey's.
The streets are safe in Waterloo tonight .

NOT ONE SIGNLE GANG BANGER GUN IN THE GROUP.