2nd limb crack Micro 335

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dithian

2nd limb crack Micro 335

Post by dithian »

I know that limb issues are kind of :eusa-deadhorse: , but I can't help but vent my frustration here. Several months ago my Micro 335 developed a crack in one of the limbs. Excal, of course, did the right thing immediately — customer service is amazing, and they have always done right by me. Those limbs had seen moderate use for 2 years. Yesterday I cocked the bow and once again heard that tell-tale cracking sound. The right limb not only cracked, but was beginning to fold over. These limbs have had MAYBE 50 shots total, no trauma or abuse. I'm sure Excal will once again step up, but this kind of shakes my confidence in the brand, especially in the face of the Destruction Challenge marketing — you mean I can run my bow through a swather after shooting it out of a 17th century cannon at a brick wall and keep hunting, but woe be to me if I just try to cock the thing?

For stats, I shoot arrows with a total grain weight of 385. I keep my string 1/4" off the riser. These particular limbs have only seen a factory endless loop string. I never leave the bow cocked for more than the 1 or 2 hours I sit in the stand. The bow is stored in a well ventilated room and never gets hot. I've been shooting crossbows for over five years now, and I'm certain I'm not inflicting newbie abuse on the bow.

I have wondered if the decocking process isn't as good on the limbs as it is supposed to be. I follow the right procedure, loading the string with my arm before letting the power out of the limbs gently, etc, but... I guess I'm grasping at straws. I wouldn't say I'm a rabid decocker, just after unsuccessful hunts and when I change/adjust the string. Once or twice a month?
xcaliber

Re: 2nd limb crack Micro 335

Post by xcaliber »

Sorry to hear about your issues, hope you get this resolved soon, and a set of limbs that last a while.

Good luck!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Just bad luck I went through 2 sets on a matrix GRz2 and G340 first set one shot went and when I got the new ones they went with in a shot or 2 they to were replaced . Have no idea why but I'll stay with Excalibur
dithian

Post by dithian »

I meant 1/4" off the bumper, not riser, just for clarity.

Yeah, I'll definitely stick with Excalibur too, because the bows are amazing and because of the stellar customer service. Just had to vent to the choir before filling out my warranty request.
Phillyarcher

Post by Phillyarcher »

I bought the Micro 335 when it first came out. I did not abuse it and did the same things you did in taking care of it. Well this year I had the same problem with limbs breaking. I went thru with three sets breaking , the original ones went , got another pair and one broke too. Both times they broke shooting at Deer which I lost because of limb failure. Never found Deer hope they made it. Had the Third pair break. The whole time Excalibur’s customer service was great in trying to help. They did send me new limbs and a whole new riser assembly. Which they said I should not have anymore issues.When I got it it was at the end of season. I have shot it and it was right on. With all the issues I had I’m still a Excalibur guy and will endorse them. Shout out to Dawn and the Excalibur Team. Hope you get your issues resolved too.
Excal Vortex
Excal Micro 335
NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain
Hawke XB Pro 30 SR
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....just curious....can the new micro riser and new beefier limbs fit on the Gen 1 335?....if so, Excalibur should replace those that continuously have cracks! (like 2x or more)......JUST MY .02!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

amythntr wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:01 pm
....just curious....can the new micro riser and new beefier limbs fit on the Gen 1 335?....if so, Excalibur should replace those that continuously have cracks! (like 2x or more)......JUST MY .02!
I had a conversation with Excalibur about that very same thing. NONE of the new limbs & risers will fit on any older bows!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Been there done that. Thankfully the last set they sent me a new riser and asked for the old one back. So far I have had a season on the new riser and limbs and so far so good hopefully they hold up good luck maybe they will do the same for you ! I am finally able to not flinch everytime I cock it lol
Boo

Post by Boo »

amythntr wrote:
While it is true that the Micro 400 limbs will not fit your Micro, the new replacement limbs are unlikely to fail. I expect a slight speed increase to come with the better reliability.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:40 am
amythntr wrote:
While it is true that the Micro 400 limbs will not fit your Micro, the new replacement limbs are unlikely to fail. I expect a slight speed increase to come with the better reliability.
....Oh say it isn't so :eh: oh mighty sensei ! :shock: :( :eusa-naughty:

....MY BIL used my Gen1 335(Bada Bing 8) )this past season and shot a nice 8 pointer....No longer is he wishing he had his tenpoint back!

:mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Timbrhuntr wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:46 pm
Been there done that. Thankfully the last set they sent me a new riser and asked for the old one back. So far I have had a season on the new riser and limbs and so far so good hopefully they hold up good luck maybe they will do the same for you ! I am finally able to not flinch everytime I cock it lol
.....so are you saying that the new riser and beefier limbs DO fit on the Gen1 335?

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
janesy

Post by janesy »

amythntr wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:14 am
Timbrhuntr wrote:
.....so are you saying that the new riser and beefier limbs DO fit on the Gen1 335?
The CRT GEN2 limbs fit fine and are beefier.
The NEW limbs for the suppressor 400 and assassin 400 are specific to that riser. Which is different from all other risers including the other TD models. They will not fit, completely different.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

amythntr wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:14 am
Timbrhuntr wrote:
They sent a new riser and 2 sets of limbs to replace the ones that broke. They look exactly the same as the old ones they replaced.
dithian

Post by dithian »

I just got an email from Dawn saying the new limbs are thicker, and cracking issues should be a thing of the past. Excalibur saves the day again!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I am certainly glad to hear that no more crackin or splintered limbs on Excals. Rock on Excal
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315