Crank for a Matrix 355

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Riflemanz

Crank for a Matrix 355

Post by Riflemanz »

I decided to get a crank for my matrix 355, do I want the C2 or the new charger crank?
All opinions welcome.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
hunter with MS

Re: Crank for a Matrix 355

Post by hunter with MS »

If I recall with the charger ext crank you have to adapt a little and you will have to pull the string up a bit . Where as the C2 you won't have to I personally like the charger .
ldock

Post by ldock »

I put the charger on my m355 and never looked back.
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I put the Charger EXT crank on my Matrix 355 and it’s awesome! The rope is plenty long enough in the crank and the string does NOT have to be pulled up to put the hooks on the string. The only thing you have to do is remove the bracket screws. Tape them in place in the crank with a piece of tape. Set the crank in position and use a sharp pencil to trace where the bracket sits. Remove and drill the 2 holes, install the bracket and you’re good to go! Good luck!

Last edited by bigbowman on Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I had them both, and I found the C2 the knob for that crank was to small and I had to make another that was longer. the charger is much easer to handle . Yes for the Matrix model bows you have to drill the stock but that's no big deal . yes you have to pull up on the string a bit but that's a good thing it keeps the crank ready to go when you need it . this is my thoughts on the matter. Charger for me . :thumbup:
W.M.
Boo

Post by Boo »

The Charger is small enough to fit in your jacket pocket and comes off with a pull of a button. It also has a silent anti-reverse.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I like the Charger, and it's not too difficult to install the necessary brackets. Like said, it's quiet, and easy to use. I do have to pull up the string on my 380 Matrix to get the latches on. The 355 Matrix is only about an inch shorter draw, so you will have to pull the string up to latch it. Not hard to do at all Steve. I can still cock the 380 with the rope cocker, and do if hunting, but at the range I use the crank to shoot multiple times. I'm not sure what your plan is, or intended use really but for me it would not matter that I use the louder crank at the range.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I plan on using it for the range. I have 2 herniated disks in my neck which bother me when I cock the bow or lift 50#s
I'd say everyone prefers the charger. Thanks for your tips.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 »

I agree that the Charge Ext is a better solution if money is no object and I just ordered one. Around here the Charge is $229 but could probably be found somewhat cheaper. C2 cranks are less than 1/2 that cost, I am selling mine for $100. Both do the same thing but sounds like the Charge is lighter and has a silent crank feature that you can only get with the C2 by turning off the antireverse. The big thing for me is that the C2 only works on the right side of the bow and the Charge can be switched. It wasn't any big deal for me to use as a lefty but I'll update when my Charge arrives and is tested.