Creepy ghost happenings out in the woods

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Creepy ghost happenings out in the woods

Post by longbow joe »

You always hear these wacky ghost stories on tv and youtube but l usually take them with a grain of salt.
My younger hunting buddy is as down to earth as a kid can be and crazy honest and serious.
He was gathering wood a while back in our hunting woods and saw a man in an old time black suit and tie
Just looking at him smoking a cigarette . ..he looked over to his friend to get his attention to show him the weird man ...and the figure was gone .. no tracks in the mud either...
I hunt in the swamp for 30 years night and day and never saw nothing but now on Saturday l was putting up posted signs and was definitely thinking of mr black suit when l passed the area .
I wasn't worried l had my 1911 loaded with ghost killing "hollow "points !
Our area has a rich history of past settlers even going back to William penn l dont dought the spirits visit ....but I'm not interested in meeting any of em....
Last edited by longbow joe on Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Normous

Re: Creepy ghost happenings out in the woods

Post by Normous »

Gives me goosebumps.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Lol ... if it is a spirit then your 911 wouldn’t do you any good!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I know BB but lf made me feel better .
It's got me creeped out.
My dad told me one time he was passed in the woods on a hot as heck day picking huckleberries buy a man dressed in total winter gear and it asked directions to town and then dissolved in thin air. ...does anyone else have any creepy sightings?
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
tcwild

Post by tcwild »

.does anyone else have any creepy sightings?

I'd answer that but my wife might read this. :wtf:
dithian

Post by dithian »

When I was a teenager I had a friend who was plagued by a poltergeist. When she was around, stuff would fly off shelves, doors would open and close and stuff like that. I watched books on a bookshelf which were leaning in one direction flip one by one to the other side, then back again. One time, there was a sound like slamming on the walls that went through the house, and afterward every single picture on the walls in the whole house was crooked by about 30º. I'm generally a skeptical person, and I still don't believe most ghost stories I hear, but I know beyond a doubt that there's more to existence than we can see with our own eyes. I've never actually seen an apparition, though. Gotta say, the poltergeist was super freaky.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Not the woods but I know they are around. Was at a friend's with no one home and the wash cloth came flying out of the sink of water at me when I was sitting at the table. When the owners got home I told them what happened. Tami said don't worry they won't hurt you but I hate when they do that. They ended up tearing the house down and selling the property.
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

that's why they make Zombie Slayers! :clap:
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Cardinalsfanforever wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:50 pm
Oh Lord Yes!!!! :thumbup:

I always figured if I couldn't "whack it" with my 92F, I'd go to the 12, if that didn't work, I'd try the shorty .223. If it's still advancing after all of that, "Game Over"....It wins!! Stick a fork in me for I am done!! :lol: :shock: :lol:

Never seen a ghost or spirit that I can testify to, but have seen some things that make you go :wtf: :think: :wtf: !!!

All joking aside, least we forget good gentlemen, we are surrounded by "spiritual warfare" every moment. Angels and demons engage in a war for the very survival of every man, woman and child.
Isaiah says that when "Lucifer (Satan) was swept from Heaven, that a third of the heavenly bodies fell with him". We live in the domain of the 'fallen", why shouldn't there be "ghost, apparitions, troubled spirits" around us?
Isaiah 41:10 states "Fear Not, for I am with you: be not dismayed, for I am your God: I will strengthen you, I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand"!!
Stand firm lean NOT on your own understanding!! Trust in GOD!!
I'll stop preaching now!!! :lol: :lol: :angel: :eusa-pray: :eusa-dance:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Y’all might change your medication!😂😂😂😂
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Hey ....lm not inventing this ...l would be happier if my little buddy just kept his encounter to himself believe me!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

longbow joe wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:36 pm
Hey ....lm not inventing this ...l would be happier if my little buddy just kept his encounter to himself believe me!
....I too got goose bumps!.....from now on I am gonna have someone hold my hand when I enter the woods in the dark! :shock: :shock:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

AJ01 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:57 am

I always figured if I couldn't "whack it" with my 92F, I'd go to the 12, if that didn't work, I'd try the shorty .223. If it's still advancing after all of that, "Game Over"....It wins!! Stick a fork in me for I am done!! :lol: :shock: :lol:

Never seen a ghost or spirit that I can testify to, but have seen some things that make you go :wtf: :think: :wtf: !!!

All joking aside, least we forget good gentlemen, we are surrounded by "spiritual warfare" every moment. Angels and demons engage in a war for the very survival of every man, woman and child.
Isaiah says that when "Lucifer (Satan) was swept from Heaven, that a third of the heavenly bodies fell with him". We live in the domain of the 'fallen", why shouldn't there be "ghost, apparitions, troubled spirits" around us?
Isaiah 41:10 states "Fear Not, for I am with you: be not dismayed, for I am your God: I will strengthen you, I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand"!!
.....and the congregation stood up and in one voice shouted, "Amen!"....preach it brother, preach it!!!! :eusa-pray:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

amythntr wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:41 pm
AJ01 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:57 am

.....and the congregation stood up and in one voice shouted, "Amen!"....preach it brother, preach it!!!! :eusa-pray:
:D :lol: :angel: :D :lol:
I can't help myself!! It's "genetic"!!! My dad has been an ordained minister since 1954. He just retired from preaching at the young age of 82. He's 85 now! :eusa-clap: :eusa-dance: :eusa-clap:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I'm still waiting for a Squatch to come walking by.........now that would freak me out!
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><