Creepy ghost happenings out in the woods

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

AJ01

Re: Creepy ghost happenings out in the woods

Post by AJ01 »

nchunterkw wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:54 pm
I'm still waiting for a Squatch to come walking by.........now that would freak me out!
If...and I do say "IF" there was such a critter that was stomping around in the woods somewhere, don't ya think that one of the MILLIONS of trail cams in use these days would have caught a picture of one by now? :eusa-doh:
I applaud the efforts of those individuals who sit hours upon hours in the dark waiting for Bigfoot, Sasquatch or the Yeti. I think that somewhere in each of us, deeply buried is a slight "is it real", hoping that it truly is indeed. :think:

Gigantopithecus...the last "Great Ape", died out 100,000 years ago. About the time of our first humanoid ancestors. We no longer hunt/search for even our closest relative, Neanderthal. But we long for the day we find the "Great Ape". :D

Just the rambling thoughts of a Texas Aggie :thumbup:
AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I have no idea if Squatches still exist today, possibly in very remore areas but your arguments are the typical ones.

90 % of people hunt within 1 mile (or maybe even just a few hundred yards) of a road. So the whole "trail cam" thing doesn't really work for me.

Saw some studies where scientists took a pretty good look at this. First they showed a map of all the sightings. Then they showed a map of all the sightings before the famous one in Ca where they guy has the film. Like 95% of the "sightings" went away, but the ones that remained were concentrated in Pacific NW and CHina. And both places are rainforest environments that physically are very similar to teh areas the big apes live in now. So to me it makes sense that at one time......

Then there are the accounts of encounters from the native peoples of both areas.

Anyway....I doubt I'll see one in NC anytime soon.

And I'm with you on ghosts......simply evil spirits. But Jesus said, "take heart for I have overcome the world"...so no need to fear.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Years back on a property l hunted during archery a drunk guy would be hunting squirrels with a shotgun he was probably scarier than any ghost.
I got 2 145+ inch bucks due to him, he would go in and literally scare the bucks past me when l was posted in the escape route.
When he pulled up l didn't know to be happy or not lol.
A big buck wasn't worth getting blasted with #6 shot... not to me anyway!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

nchunterkw wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:11 am
I have no idea if Squatches still exist today, possibly in very remore areas but your arguments are the typical ones.

90 % of people hunt within 1 mile (or maybe even just a few hundred yards) of a road. So the whole "trail cam" thing doesn't really work for me.

Saw some studies where scientists took a pretty good look at this. First they showed a map of all the sightings. Then they showed a map of all the sightings before the famous one in Ca where they guy has the film. Like 95% of the "sightings" went away, but the ones that remained were concentrated in Pacific NW and CHina. And both places are rainforest environments that physically are very similar to teh areas the big apes live in now. So to me it makes sense that at one time......

Then there are the accounts of encounters from the native peoples of both areas.

Anyway....I doubt I'll see one in NC anytime soon.

And I'm with you on ghosts......simply evil spirits. But Jesus said, "take heart for I have overcome the world"...so no need to fear.
[/quote

Hey Keith,
Nothing would tickle me more than for science to prove the existence of a large bi-pedal hominoid type creature in North America or Canada.
I've had the luxury to hunt some really remote places in the Rockies, (Montana, Wyoming and Colorado), and Alaska and I've seen some pretty weird things. Like bite marks 7-9 feet OFF the ground, but the guide said simply this, "Grizzly marking his territory". Satisfied me, but that then made worry about Grizzlies!! :think:
I know that new species of animals are "discovered" every day. Funny how we use the term "discovered" for something that actually been here all along! :wink:
And I know that the Native American people ALL over this hemisphere, and elsewhere for that matter, have "stories" or legends about the large hairy people of the forest, or mountains.
I just hope that if such a creature still survives, and I truly hope they do, that man will leave them alone if that factual discovery is ever made.
We as humans have a long record of messing things up. We can't be trusted, just look to the Garden of Eden!! :angel:

Andy
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Talking about Sasquatch listen to this. Scroll down a bit to video and listen. I’d be scared too! :shock:
Link:

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/the-current-for-nov-15-2019-1.5360659/is-a-sasquatch-loose-in-ontario-maybe-not-but-there-s-no-harm-believing-it-says-author-1.5360698
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
janesy

Post by janesy »

ihunt wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:01 pm
Talking about Sasquatch listen to this. Scroll down a bit to video and listen. I’d be scared too! :shock:
Link:

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/the-current-for-nov-15-2019-1.5360659/is-a-sasquatch-loose-in-ontario-maybe-not-but-there-s-no-harm-believing-it-says-author-1.5360698
You lost me at CBC. :lol:

But for real, not sure I would have stuck around either. North of Sioux Lookout, there is nothing but bush until Tundra. Could be anything up there. Who knows what that was
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme