CORONAVIRUS SCARE- INFORMATION WE ARE NOT RECEIVING

This area is for other topics not associated with crossbows or crossbow hunting.
amythntr

CORONAVIRUS SCARE- INFORMATION WE ARE NOT RECEIVING

Post by amythntr » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:54 pm

.....please don't take this like I am playing down this virus...it's serious and as many of us who are either at the point of fine wine, getting there or wine that has turned to vinegar....we need to worry more than others.

.....HOWEVER, are we being given all of the facts?

.....what I hear is the new cases diagnosed, the total amount of cases that are spreading and the number of deaths....

.....what about the number of people who have been infected that never show any sign of the disease? I think if there was more of this type of information it would certainly calm some hysteria....

......Is the media making this more than what it is? We have instant information today that did not exist 30 years ago....what would have been the reaction if this was in the 40's or 50's?

......Is there a political motive here.....it sure seems to me as everyone is blaming others for why we are where we are....

I just want to get everyone thinking past the "speed of light" news that we are being hit with on a daily basis!
When you are in a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A420TD (Assassinatore di Cervi)
A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
NMare 335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Boo,NChunterkw,Vixenm

janesy

Re: CORONAVIRUS SCARE- INFORMATION WE ARE NOT RECEIVING

Post by janesy » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:07 pm

amythntr wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:54 pm
.....please don't take this like I am playing down this virus...it's serious and as many of us who are either at the point of fine wine, getting there or wine that has turned to vinegar....we need to worry more than others.

.....what I hear is the new cases diagnosed, the total amount of cases that are spreading and the number of deaths....

.....what about the number of people who have been infected that never show any sign of the disease? I think if there was more of this type of information it would certainly calm some hysteria....

......Is the media making this more than what it is? We have instant information today that did not exist 30 years ago....what would have been the reaction if this was in the 40's or 50's?

......Is there a political motive here.....it sure seems to me as everyone is blaming others for why we are where we are....

I just want to get everyone thinking past the "speed of light" news that we are being hit with on a daily basis!
Anthony, with all due respect, search for the media release from the WHO for the past month and get your info there, ALL of your questions have been answered there. It's not called CoronaVirus, it IS a Corona Virus, which is a type of virus. It's called "Covid-19".

I just drove from Ontario to South Carolina, and honestly, USA is a month behind the world with your information.

The thousands of dead people, will assure you beyond a shadow of a doubt, the political aspect is 100% manufactured by CNN and FOX. There is nothing political about this.

Don't take this as anything other that a respectful reply to your post. After listening to your news all day, I'm wondering if I haven't gone back in time one Month. I'm not understanding this situation down here today. But it's warm and there is no snow. :thumbup:
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

amythntr

Post by amythntr » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:25 pm

janesy wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:07 pm
amythntr wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:54 pm

Anthony, with all due respect, search for the media release from the WHO for the past month and get your info there, ALL of your questions have been answered there. It's not called CoronaVirus, it IS a Corona Virus, which is a type of virus. It's called "Covid-19".

I just drove from Ontario to South Carolina, and honestly, USA is a month behind the world with your information.

The thousands of dead people, will assure you beyond a shadow of a doubt, the political aspect is 100% manufactured by CNN and FOX. There is nothing political about this.

Don't take this as anything other that a respectful reply to your post. After listening to your news all day, I'm wondering if I haven't gone back in time one Month. I'm not understanding this situation down here today. But it's warm and there is no snow. :thumbup:
....NO DISRESPECT TAKEN......the firm that I am with now has many doctors as clients.....almost all have stated that the major impact are to those who's immune systems are compromised otherwise the symptoms are more of a very bad flu with fever and upper respiratory issues ....I have not heard of one death of a young child (and I hope I never do)...these children are around each other and adults from morning to night in school and other settings....there does not seem to be much of an effect on them...

....I am interested to see when at the end of all of this when a vaccine comes out, the exact number of cases of infection, by age and the the number of deaths by age....

.....for instance, the news the other day in The People's Republic of NJ in the county of Bergen that I live in that there was the first death of a man in his 60's....that is how the news portrayed it....scary for sure....HOWEVER, what they failed to report was that the man had extremely high blood pressure, was diabetic, had a previous heart attack and when he was given the news of his infection he had a heart attack and died....
this is the type of information that plays into the hysteria....

.....BTW the weather report from down is is no different that yours! :thumbup:
When you are in a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
NMare 335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Boo,NChunterkw,Vixenm

Boo

Post by Boo » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:39 pm

This is your CDC. https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/t0309-covid-19-update.html
It is better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt

If you think there's a great conspiracy, there isn't other than the one running in circles in your head

amythntr

Post by amythntr » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:45 pm

Boo wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:39 pm
This is your CDC. https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/t0309-covid-19-update.html
....thanks buddy for the information....it just proves my point....right from the transcript:

But again, based on what we know about this virus, we do not expect most people to develop serious illness. Reports out of China that looked at more than 70,000 COVID-19 patients found that about 80% of illness had — was mild and people recovered. 15 to 20% developed serious illness. Let’s talk about who those people are. So far it seems like it’s not children. Of the 70,000 cases, only about 2% were in people younger than 19. This seems to be a disease that affects adults. And most seriously older adults. Starting at age 60, there is an increasing risk of disease and the risk increases with age. The highest risk of serious illness and death is in people older than 80 years. People with serious underlying health conditions also are more likely to develop serious outcomes including death. The people who are at greatest risk are those older and who also have serious long-term health conditions like diabetes, heart disease, or lung disease. Last week CDC added guidance to our website for people who are at higher risk for serious illness. Our goal is to protect you.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
NMare 335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Boo,NChunterkw,Vixenm

Boo

Post by Boo » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:04 pm

Anthony, here you go re:mortality rate
ages 10-19: 0.2%
ages 20-29: 0.2%
ages 30-39: 0.2%
ages 40-49: 0.4%
ages 50-59: 1.3%
ages 60-69: 3.6%
ages 70-79: 8%
80 and over: 14.8%

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-03-11/covid-19-risk-healthy-young-person
It is better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt

If you think there's a great conspiracy, there isn't other than the one running in circles in your head

amythntr

Post by amythntr » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:13 pm

Boo wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:04 pm

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-03-11/covid-19-risk-healthy-young-person
....That's a good start Don.....what about an infection breakdown by age?

Don't get me wrong....I am extremely worried about this....I have two extremely sick parents in their 80's....My mother is bed ridden and probably don't have more than a few month's....I am 62 with controlled hypertension and too short for my weight....

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
NMare 335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Boo,NChunterkw,Vixenm

amythntr

Post by amythntr » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:14 pm

amythntr wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:13 pm
Boo wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:04 pm

....That's a good start Don.....what about an infection breakdown by age?

Don't get me wrong....I am extremely worried about this....I have two extremely sick parents in their 80's....My mother is bed ridden and probably don't have more than a few month's.....my father has late stage Parkinson...I am 62 with controlled hypertension and too short for my weight....

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
NMare 335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Boo,NChunterkw,Vixenm

janesy

Post by janesy » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:32 am

amythntr wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:14 pm

Don't get me wrong....I am extremely worried about this....I have two extremely sick parents in their 80's....My mother is bed ridden and probably don't have more than a few month's.....my father has late stage Parkinson...I am 62 with controlled hypertension and too short for my weight....
Anthony, it's very typical, as we have done as well, to focus on the deaths alone initially. But you're obviously a numbers guy so picture this.
Canada is using this model for its breakdown. 35-70% of Canada is going to get infected. 35% being the number if right away all major gatherings are cancelled, and every single possible medical precaution is followed to a "t". 70% being if no preparedness is taken

USA being so late to acknowledge this situation and having taken next to zero precaution, could very possibly going to be landing closer to the 70% mark. How could it not? This has been going on for weeks. This is a very real possibility, closing borders after its already hear doesn't help. It didn't help Wuhan one bit, in fact it hasn't help any one of the countries that have already tried this tactic.

But for the sake of the argument, let's use 50% . So can you imagine the sheer cost alone in dealing with 50% of 329 million people being sick at the same time? Those people will need to be isolated and off work at the same time for weeks. Don't forget, the Canadian model is assuming you have health care. Who's going to be able to pay for that?

Further to that, using a average mortality rate of 3.4%(which is what has been thrown around for initial numbers). We could be facing a serious death toll soon. Now, the numbers are huge, but consider this, Wuhan had almost 135k infected and approx 3100 dead. But they have been quarantined and actively trying to fight secretly since Christmas. Yes, since just after Christmas.
Countries like Italy who just surpassed 1000 deaths yesterday with a population of only 60 million in a matter of days.

Do the math. It's hard to ignore now. Let's hope for everyone's sake that it doesn't happen.

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

longbow joe

Post by longbow joe » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:24 am

My problem is they are hyping this up to be more on the comparison of the plague than it is.
The swine flu years back was basically just as deadly mainly preying on children and it did not receive one quarter the intensity with the media.
It's like they want the hype and panic and chaos.
I think that's what Anthony means
I cant imagine what would happen if it were more deadly than it is .....killing looting and all of the really ugly stuff.
Micro 335 camo crossbones /matrix 330 nikon bolt /vixen ll / offspring with a micro stock crossbones/ matrix 355 with a micro stock crossbones/ metal ibex (adopted manco morto)/Phoenix/ trigger tec's /xacts/super freak ex's/ spitfires/zombies

amythntr

Post by amythntr » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:09 am

longbow joe wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:24 am
My problem is they are hyping this up to be more on the comparison of the plague than it is.
The swine flu years back was basically just as deadly mainly preying on children and it did not receive one quarter the intensity with the media.
I cant imagine what would happen if it were more deadly than it is .....killing looting and all of the really ugly stuff.
....thank you LBJ...that is exactly what I am trying to say...am I scared; yes!....Am I running scared; no. Am I trying to take precautions; yes. Am I running to grocery stores and emptying shelves, fighting other people for a gallon of water: no!
Almost like when they call for a blizzard with 2 feet of snow and people panic...then we get a dusting of 2".... use common sense!

Stay safe everyone and don't be stupid in your day to day activities!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
NMare 335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Boo,NChunterkw,Vixenm

nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:48 am

Mortality rates being reported are way out of whack because as Anthony says, not many or any of the mild cases are being tested and confirmed. I heard a doctor yesterday who was very reasonable. The one exception to this is South Korea where they are doing really good testing. There the actual mortality rate is 0.7% And it is likely to come down and many many cases are mild to asymptomatic almost.

Look at Tom Hanks....he said he had an on and off low fever and felt tired.

Elderly and immunocompromised are certainly at higher risk, but they are also at higher risk for many other diseases too.
Keith
"I can explain it to you...but I can't understand it for you"

Micro, Vortex
RamCat, Slick Trick
BE Zombie, TF Feathers, Trinity Strings
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><

janesy

Post by janesy » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:46 pm

longbow joe wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:24 am
This is true

longbow joe

Post by longbow joe » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:59 pm

Now today's news .. marge is off for 2 weeks because she works at a public school might or might not get paid.
One daughter is home from college indefinitely.
My other daughter is almost done nursing school
1 month to go ... I'm sure this gonna prolong things.
I know it's not the end of the world but geese look how fast this stuff happens ...last week l was worried about preparing for Turkey season and spooling up the rods for fishing....wow.
Micro 335 camo crossbones /matrix 330 nikon bolt /vixen ll / offspring with a micro stock crossbones/ matrix 355 with a micro stock crossbones/ metal ibex (adopted manco morto)/Phoenix/ trigger tec's /xacts/super freak ex's/ spitfires/zombies

Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:15 pm

they have now closed all schools in michigan for at least 3 weeks. most if not all sporting events,public gathering have been canceled . stores are being hollowed out to bare shelves. absolutely crazy panic mode for a lot of people. now potus has declared national emergency. i realize this is serious but the way the media and people are reacting is insane :shock: :shock: :shock:
IN GOD WE TRUST

Jeff
matrix 355 w/ y25 stock
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/80gr brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife