This sh*t is real!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Reinyrooster

This sh*t is real!

Post by Reinyrooster »

Got back yesterday from a week in the Dominican Republic. Our kids were keeping us up to date on everything with pictures of the empty shelves at the grocery stores. We are both OK but now we need to self-quarantine ourselves for 2 weeks.
Guess I will finally have to actually start working on the "honey-do" list.
Wouldn't you know it - I finally get the best tan of my life, actually lost some weight and now I can't even go show it off!! LOL!
It's a crazy time in the world......everyone stay healthy.

Rooster
AJ01

Re: This sh*t is real!

Post by AJ01 »

Hey You too Rooster!!
I live in a small town of less than 1,000 people in rural East Texas. Went to the local store for the Mrs. yesterday. The store had limits on bread, eggs, toilet paper, hardly any fruit on the shelves. Like you said....It's Crazy!!!
Good thing we buy in bulk!! :lol:
I know the kids and grandkids will be calling; "Hey you got....???? :wink:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I’m gonna live until I die! Sure I’m not going to take unnecessary risks, but I’m not going to crawl under a rock either.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/15/technology/matt-colvin-hand-sanitizer-donation.html
Some people just like stepping on rakes
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:46 am
I’m gonna live until I die! Sure I’m not going to take unnecessary risks, but I’m not going to crawl under a rock either.
I fully agree!!
Just got the Mrs. out of the hospital last Wednesday. Second bout of cancer surgery in less than a year. Surgeons thought they got it all, but evidently they didn't, or it came back with a vengeance! :thumbdown:
I'm not worried about myself. Heck...I'm too mean to kick the bucket!! :lol:
It's her that worries me. Surgery, cancer, weakened immune system. But you know what, we both agreed. It is what it is!! No regrets. No I wish I coulda/shoulda... It's been one heck of a ride!!! And we wouldn't change one minute of it!!! :angel: :clap: :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Good for you guys. I’ll keep your family in my prayers. I’m ever hopeful that the cure for cancer is coming, we have all lost loved ones to cancer. In times like these it’s a good thing to keep the Lord in your life and let your family know how much you love them!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

AJ you are right . Doing all this stuff at times is not for you but the others around you . I get the flu shot now . Not for me but for the seniors I see while visiting Mom . They are not strong enough to fight some of this stuff .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I am now working from home until the end of the month.

If I knew I would be off for another 2 weeks I would have stayed in Cuba!! Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
artifact

Post by artifact »

Understand the concern for the wife AJ, whishing all the best for both you and her.
IMO: the panic is due to a NEW named virus, when a bad flu season rears its ugly head, and a lot of people die, it doesn't cause anywhere near the panic because it's flu season and people are accustomed to accepting that people will die from the flu.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Hang in there AJ sorry to hear this. We had them scares too. ...water off a ducks back.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
SEW

Post by SEW »

AJ,
Sorry you’re going thru this. We went through this 17 years ago. I’ll be praying for you both.
Steve
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Its crazy how now there is practically no chicken in the stores now .
What craziness this is.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
grouse

Post by grouse »

My dad had colon cancer, had the surgery and lived for many more years before he died of other causes. Your wife can recover and you can have a lot more time together.
axiom
350 SE
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Doe Master wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:07 pm
AJ you are right . Doing all this stuff at times is not for you but the others around you . I get the flu shot now . Not for me but for the seniors I see while visiting Mom . They are not strong enough to fight some of this stuff .
Absolutely!!
My youngest is a Nurse Practitioner at Baylor Medical in Dallas. She's on us everyday about taking care of ourselves. Even more so now that her mom was diagnosed with cancer again.
She was a cardiac care RN for several years. Says she count the number of cases where she had an elderly patient on her roster had heart aliments due to problems brought on my respiratory problems.
Better safe than sorry!!!!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

grouse wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:47 am
My dad had colon cancer, had the surgery and lived for many more years before he died of other causes. Your wife can recover and you can have a lot more time together.
First of all, Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers!! :angel: :D :thumbup:

This is her second bout with colon cancer. Her mom passed away from bladder cancer a few years back. She has a sister (younger) who's also battling cancer.
Genetic testing shows her family to have a genetic predisposition toward contracting cancer. I've told ALL my kids to get screened! Only one of my 5 showed such markers.
We ARE hanging tough!! :thumbup: :angel: :eusa-pray: :thumbup:

Once more, with a warm heart, THANKS!!!
Andy