will be turkey hunting with crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hunter with MS

will be turkey hunting with crossbow

Post by hunter with MS »

My wife works for a school dist and they are out until May 4TH . Our turkey season opens the last week of April so she is going . Been years since she has hunted she will be using my new Steven's 301 410 turkey shotgun and I will be using the crossbow . The only problem now is which one the Axe 340 or the 308 short ?
AJ01

Re: will be turkey hunting with crossbow

Post by AJ01 »

Spring season for Turkeys kicks off April 4th. in the north zone of Texas. I'm headed to central Texas, (between Waco and Austin) to attack them with my crossbow! :shh: Gonna try some of the old 150 grain 3" cut Swhackers on them out of the Micro. :D
I wish you and your wife success!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Ours opens April 22, and there is rumor it may not open at all. We'll see, but you all have FUN. Good luck folks! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

xcaliber wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:31 pm
Ours opens April 22, and there is rumor it may not open at all. We'll see, but you all have FUN. Good luck folks! :thumbup:
Hopefully it's just that...a rumor!! I hope y'all get to make it!! If you do, good luck!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

AJ01 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:35 pm
xcaliber wrote:
Hopefully it's just that...a rumor!! I hope y'all get to make it!! If you do, good luck!! :thumbup:
Thanks AJ. I call DNR today, left a message. Been checking the web, and nothing there, it's probably going to open on time. Half full glass for me! :thumbup:
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

xcaliber wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:38 pm
AJ01 wrote:
xcaliber wrote:
Thanks AJ. I call DNR today, left a message. Been checking the web, and nothing there, it's probably going to open on time. Half full glass for me! :thumbup:
Fingers crossed for ya!!! :thumbup:
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

I can’t think of any better way to practice social distancing then to be in the woods, in full camo and trying to imitate the sound of a wild turkey while remaining undetected.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

That sounds great it's been years (30) since l hunted with my wife and I'm fine with that ......we have spent so much time together lately that l just want to be out with my brother lol.
Maby after the virus thing is over we can go fishing together that's chummy enough !
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

If the season doesn't open l will coyote hunt with the crossbow and if a wild Turkey attacks me in a crazed mating state l will have to kill it in self defense.....
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
deadeer

Post by deadeer »

xcaliber wrote:
AJ01 wrote:
xcaliber wrote:
I have not heard anything like that. My Intel says anything outdoors is an acceptable activity, just maintain the 6ft rule. I hunt private land, so I will be hunting regardless, as well as continue fishing. I think everybody needs fresh air at this point.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Taking a mature Tom with a crossbow is the ultimate rush. While I'm off of work I will start prepping my bow for the upcoming opening day. Will use the Magnus bullheads again. When you connect no tracking required! :)

A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I have taken a few long beards with crossbow and yes it is a rush . Two last year point is my wife will be getting to hunt .
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

deadeer wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:00 am
xcaliber wrote:
AJ01 wrote:

I have not heard anything like that. My Intel says anything outdoors is an acceptable activity, just maintain the 6ft rule. I hunt private land, so I will be hunting regardless, as well as continue fishing. I think everybody needs fresh air at this point.
https://www.in.gov/dnr/10342.htm?utm_source=agency-website&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=&utm_term=&utm_content=

Here is the link, but my buddy says it could change. The gun ranges are all closed, and no offices are staffed, but it does look like the season will be open.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

If states close the turkey season that would be nuts . If they are worried about spread most hunters are solo . If crowded checking stations are seen as a problem then do what my state and many others have done go to online checking this way NO CROWDS. It's OK to high jack the thread a little for discussing weather the turkey seasons will happen or not I know this is in some of our thoughts !