Do I Have Enough Turkey Loads?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Stepnoutnb

Do I Have Enough Turkey Loads?

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Received my Winchester Supreme Turkey Loads. I already picked up the Long Beard shells the other week. Look at the prices on the Supreme Shells $9.99 for the 3 inch and $13.99 for the 3 1/2 inch.
I hate running out of shells. Now all I need is a Turkey tag. :eusa-think:

Boo

Re: Do I Have Enough Turkey Loads?

Post by Boo »

I still have 12 gauge turkey loads that I don't care to shoot. I switched to a 20 gauge for turkey loads and slugs a while ago. You can have them if you ever come for a visit.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
janesy

Post by janesy »

That's a great price on a great load! Nothing wrong with them, just LongBeard XR gets all the media attention now.
They drop totes too. Not pretty but it does the trick. Actually quite a few totes have succumb to a 3" #5 load to the chest. You'd need a seamstress to put the pelt back together.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Normous

Post by Normous »

I hate running out myself 8)
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Boo wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:34 pm
I still have 12 gauge turkey loads that I don't care to shoot. I switched to a 20 gauge for turkey loads and slugs a while ago. You can have them if you ever come for a visit.
Thanks Don. I can just imagine a fellow my age won’t use these for a round of skeet. I’m not seeing anything on the NB website regarding the Turkey hunt or the draw. With this Covid-19 the season may not happen. Sad but I’d be ok with that as peeps health is more important.
My ailing parents are locked in. I’ve been keeping track of them, making deliveries, disinfecting things before I drop things off.
Sad to them aging so fast. I’m catching up to them lol.
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

janesy wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:01 pm
That's a great price on a great load! Nothing wrong with them, just LongBeard XR gets all the media attention now.
They drop totes too. Not pretty but it does the trick. Actually quite a few totes have succumb to a 3" #5 load to the chest. You'd need a seamstress to put the pelt back together.
Do you mean coyotes have succumb? Yes I can see #4 or 5 taking coyotes out especially if they are taking your decoys lol.
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Normous wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:06 pm
I hate running out myself 8)
I’ll never run of ammo for any of my firearms but I seem to be running out of time to use them lol.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Stepnoutnb wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:10 pm
janesy wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:01 pm
Do you mean coyotes have succumb? Yes I can see #4 or 5 taking coyotes out especially if they are taking your decoys lol.
Ya trying to type 'yotes but my phone is smarter than me
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Boo wrote:
Don I walked the NB woods behind pointing dogs for many years. I had 1 Springer who sadly got hit by a car at 11 months, I had no chance to hunt over him. He had a nose as good or better than most pointing dogs I’ve judged in Field trials.
I also had 1 English Setter who was great and several English Pointers.
My 2 best guns hunt over these pointers were both 20 gauges. In 1981 I won a DUCKS UNLIMITED special 1100 LT 20 with. 26 inch barrel killed a lot of Grouse and woodcock with that. The other is a Browning Citori Grand Lightning 20 with 26 inch barrels brand deadly. The Citori travelled with me to Iowa and killed a bunch of pheasants over my pointer. I have. 12 gauge Citori white lightning as well
Besides the Citori’s my most favourite shotgun is a London hand made boxlock Charles Hellis and son’s. This gun is a work of art and I am merely here to mind it until the next lucky Caretaker has a chance to admire it. This gun too has shot several pheasants from Iowa.
If I think of it I’ll take it out of lockup post a picture someday.
Wayne
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Which do you prefer #4 or #5’s?
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

ihunt wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:17 pm
I have no idea yet! I just received my new choke the Paternmaster Code Black Turkey. I have not shot an of these loads before. When I go to the range I’ll take a bunch of pictures and post them.
I’m a member of a range but will have to make some calls to see if the range is open due to the Covid-19
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Boo wrote:
Yep love my 20guage! Said good bye to the shoulder pounding 12 a long time ago!!!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Stepnoutnb wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:36 pm
ihunt wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:17 pm
I have no idea yet! I just received my new choke the Paternmaster Code Black Turkey. I have not shot an of these loads before. When I go to the range I’ll take a bunch of pictures and post them.
I’m a member of a range but will have to make some calls to see if the range is open due to the Covid-19
Here you go, printable targets. Been using the grey one for years.

http://lewand.tripod.com/turkeytargets.html
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I switched to 20 ga. about 10 years ago. I ordered some of the new Federal TSS #9 shot for my 20 ga. this week it seems this is the best load out there and even groups well out to 50 yards which is a poke for a 20 ga. I hope I get the new shells in before turkey season to try out but if not I'll be shooting the Winchester #5 that I already have.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Stepnoutnb wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:24 pm
Received my Winchester Supreme Turkey Loads. I already picked up the Long Beard shells the other week. Look at the prices on the Supreme Shells $9.99 for the 3 inch and $13.99 for the 3 1/2 inch.
I hate running out of shells. Now all I need is a Turkey tag. :eusa-think:

..... are you sure you didn’t mistake them for toilet paper? :?
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings