Shooting Range Closed Covid-19

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

Post Reply
Stepnoutnb
Posts: 509
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:17 pm
Location: New Brunswick, Canada

Shooting Range Closed Covid-19

Post by Stepnoutnb » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:30 pm

Department Of Public Safety has closed the shooting range I belong to. Makes sense under the Covid-19 conditions.

Looks Like I'll have to head for the woods to test my new Turkey loads and Choke.

Be safe everyone.
Wayne

User avatar
elkaholic
Posts: 410
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:27 pm
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Re: Shooting Range Closed Covid-19

Post by elkaholic » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:54 pm

Yeah but they are leaving golf courses open here in Az. Lol

User avatar
Czy_Horse
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:28 pm
Location: SW Ontario

Re: Shooting Range Closed Covid-19

Post by Czy_Horse » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:15 am

Both of my ranges are closed. No playing with the range toys until the all clear is given.
Meanwhile, I think I've reloaded just about every piece of brass I own.

Spring Fishing, check before you go, I'm reading some municipalities have closed their boat launch ramps.

User avatar
Boo
Posts: 12535
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: Newtonville, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Shooting Range Closed Covid-19

Post by Boo » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:07 am

I just got notice that the club I belong to is closed as well. Not a bad idea either. Lucky for me, I still have my backyard :D
If there are no dogs in heaven, I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
If I could love like a dog does, I would have a pure conscience.
Grief is the price we pay for love QE2

User avatar
amythntr
Posts: 6493
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: T.P.R.N.J.

Re: Shooting Range Closed Covid-19

Post by amythntr » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:09 am

elkaholic wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:54 pm
Yeah but they are leaving golf courses open here in Az. Lol
....yep!

...Golf courses and liquor stores are ESSENTIAL business' :shock: ....

....I heard a rumor that they want to keep Brothel's open in Las Vegas :eusa-naughty: ...They claim it's a hard fact that since the outbreak their business has been exceptionally soft....and this is hardly without merit according to brothel operators. :eusa-think: :eusa-naughty: :eusa-doh:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A420TD (Assassinatore di Cervi)
A360 (l'Assassino)
2-AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Boo,NChunterkw,Vixenm

Stepnoutnb
Posts: 509
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:17 pm
Location: New Brunswick, Canada

Re: Shooting Range Closed Covid-19

Post by Stepnoutnb » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:50 am

amythntr wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:09 am
elkaholic wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:54 pm
Yeah but they are leaving golf courses open here in Az. Lol
....yep!

...Golf courses and liquor stores are ESSENTIAL business' :shock: ....

....I heard a rumor that they want to keep Brothel's open in Las Vegas :eusa-naughty: ...They claim it's a hard fact that since the outbreak their business has been exceptionally soft....and this is hardly without merit according to brothel operators. :eusa-think: :eusa-naughty: :eusa-doh:

Really :eusa-naughty: lol

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 3251
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Shooting Range Closed Covid-19

Post by janesy » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:56 am

amythntr wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:09 am
elkaholic wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:54 pm
Yeah but they are leaving golf courses open here in Az. Lol
....yep!

...Golf courses and liquor stores are ESSENTIAL business' :shock: ....

....I heard a rumor that they want to keep Brothel's open in Las Vegas :eusa-naughty: ...They claim it's a hard fact that since the outbreak their business has been exceptionally soft....and this is hardly without merit according to brothel operators. :eusa-think: :eusa-naughty: :eusa-doh:
I see what you did there :lol:
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

flightattendant100
Posts: 4277
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Ft. Worth, Texas

Re: Shooting Range Closed Covid-19

Post by flightattendant100 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:46 pm

Our rifle and pistol club closed last week. Bah!

User avatar
elkaholic
Posts: 410
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:27 pm
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Re: Shooting Range Closed Covid-19

Post by elkaholic » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:21 pm

The nearest place for me to shoot is a hill outside of town.

Locals refer to it as "SUICIDE HILL"

NO RULES. Lots of idiots. Need I say it --- I'll pass

User avatar
elkaholic
Posts: 410
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:27 pm
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Re: Shooting Range Closed Covid-19

Post by elkaholic » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:34 pm

Gun range all closed but the silhouette archery range is open.

Really shouldn't get in too much trouble.
But exceptions.

Lots of critters running around. Bunnies, jackrabbits,ground squirrels, quail roadrunners etc. on most of the courses.

Guy in front of us decided to shoot the bunnies next to the target.
Big mistake , arrow just stuck him to the ground.we hear screaming calls, see bunny tryn to get loose. I mean crazy loud.
Guy just stood there in disbelief.

After about 30 seconds it hopped off the arrow , looked to be unharmed.

Guy was like " I'll never do that agsin" told him dumbasses are always dumbasses.

Find idiots everywhere.

Stepnoutnb
Posts: 509
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:17 pm
Location: New Brunswick, Canada

Re: Shooting Range Closed Covid-19

Post by Stepnoutnb » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:25 pm

elkaholic wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:34 pm
Gun range all closed but the silhouette archery range is open.

Really shouldn't get in too much trouble.
But exceptions.

Lots of critters running around. Bunnies, jackrabbits,ground squirrels, quail roadrunners etc. on most of the courses.

Guy in front of us decided to shoot the bunnies next to the target.
Big mistake , arrow just stuck him to the ground.we hear screaming calls, see bunny tryn to get loose. I mean crazy loud.
Guy just stood there in disbelief.

After about 30 seconds it hopped off the arrow , looked to be unharmed.



Guy was like " I'll never do that agsin" told him dumbasses are always dumbasses.

Find idiots everywhere.
That wouldn't be legally in season would it? That kind of action right there is what give the anti Hunters/shooters traction.
Geesh

User avatar
elkaholic
Posts: 410
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:27 pm
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Re: Shooting Range Closed Covid-19

Post by elkaholic » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:04 pm

Yep bunnies in season year round but not on the archery range.
Its owned by the gun range and you pay a fee
So it's not really a public range

Stepnoutnb
Posts: 509
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:17 pm
Location: New Brunswick, Canada

Re: Shooting Range Closed Covid-19

Post by Stepnoutnb » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:02 pm

elkaholic wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:04 pm
Yep bunnies in season year round but not on the archery range.
Its owned by the gun range and you pay a fee
So it's not really a public range
Great thanks for the clarification. The less bad press we hunters/shooters/trappers/fishers get the better.
Cheers
Wayne

papa bear1
Posts: 1299
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:30 am
Location: southwest missouri in the ozarks

Re: Shooting Range Closed Covid-19

Post by papa bear1 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:08 am

amythntr wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:09 am
elkaholic wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:54 pm
Yeah but they are leaving golf courses open here in Az. Lol
....yep!

...Golf courses and liquor stores are ESSENTIAL business' :shock: ....

....I heard a rumor that they want to keep Brothel's open in Las Vegas :eusa-naughty: ...They claim it's a hard fact that since the outbreak their business has been exceptionally soft....and this is hardly without merit according to brothel operators. :eusa-think: :eusa-naughty: :eusa-doh:
:think: :silent:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings

Post Reply