Excalibur pro acp trigger problem

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

drywallerdave1

Excalibur pro acp trigger problem

Post by drywallerdave1 »

Ok start off saying I love this trigger. But for some reason over time the trigger has gotten very sluggish. As in I almost have to push the lever back to original position because it does not spring back into place. I can’t even engage the safety without pushing the lever all the way back into resting position. As far as I am aware nothing has got into the trigger to foul it up.

Also I am thinking of taking the trigger apart and attempt to fix it but don’t want to void the warranty.

Any suggestions on how to fix this or should I just send it back???

I also just took my bulldog 400 alert to the trigger to find the problem. Nothing I could figure out.

THANKYOU for any help or suggestions.

I just always try to fix things on My own before sending things back.
janesy

Re: Excalibur pro acp trigger problem

Post by janesy »

Did you check the linkage itself? I have seen instances, one of which was my own, when the linkage contacts the front trigger screw and causes all sorts of problems
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

drywallerdave1 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:11 pm
Ok start off saying I love this trigger. But for some reason over time the trigger has gotten very sluggish. As in I almost have to push the lever back to original position because it does not spring back into place.
X2

I had the same issue after about 100 shots on my Micro 400 TD. My issue ended up being the linkage. A drop of oil on each of the two linkage screws and everything is back to normal. I had to take off the rail to get to it though.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
drywallerdave1

Post by drywallerdave1 »

THANKYOU gentleman!!!

That did the trick!!!

Trigger back to new again.

I was just thinking about what could be wrong with the trigger and not considering the linkage as the problem.

Thanks again!!!

:eusa-clap:
drywallerdave1

Post by drywallerdave1 »

Another question..

How deep should the screw that you take out to make the trigger a two stage be sunk in??? Mine seems to be about half way screwed in...

THANKYOU again
janesy

Post by janesy »

drywallerdave1 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:39 pm
Another question..

How deep should the screw that you take out to make the trigger a two stage be sunk in??? Mine seems to be about half way screwed in...

THANKYOU again

Off the top of my head they are half screwed in by default in the single stage. To have it in 2 stage you remove the screw completly
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

janesy wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:38 pm
drywallerdave1 wrote:
Another question..

THANKYOU again

Off the top of my head they are half screwed in by default in the single stage. To have it in 2 stage you remove the screw completly
That is right Chris. All the way is single stage. How it works is that the lower sear has a pivoting piece below it and the pivot action is spring loaded. That blue pivoting piece is either the base of the trigger lever or where the linkage attaches to (Bulldog) and has that long screw to change from single to double action. When you turn the screw in all the way, that pivoting action is gone and becomes a single action. So in double action when the trigger first moves back, you are pivoting the base of the trigger lever or the pad and not moving anything internally. Quite a simple and ingenious idea on Kyle's part!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
janesy

Post by janesy »

Boo wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:30 am
janesy wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:38 pm
drywallerdave1 wrote:
Another question..

THANKYOU again

That is right Chris. All the way is single stage. How it works is that the lower sear has a pivoting piece below it and the pivot action is spring loaded. That blue pivoting piece is either the base of the trigger lever or where the linkage attaches to (Bulldog) and has that long screw to change from single to double action. When you turn the screw in all the way, that pivoting action is gone and becomes a single action. So in double action when the trigger first moves back, you are pivoting the base of the trigger lever or the pad and not moving anything internally. Quite a simple and ingenious idea on Kyle's part!
I haven't taken one apart yet Don, but that makes perfect sense. I remember at ATA 2019 looking at the clear sided triggers, but I looked at a LOT of stuff that day too
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme