2020 Ontario Regs are available

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

colouredchameleon

2020 Ontario Regs are available

Post by colouredchameleon »

The MNRF has screwed moose hunters already starting this year not next as they lead everyone to believe.
I would say moose hunting will be a thing of the past for the most going forward.

https://www.ontario.ca/document/ontario-hunting-regulations-summary
janesy

Re: 2020 Ontario Regs are available

Post by janesy »

I was always under the impression that moose changes were happening this year, that's been written in every piece of literature I've read so far.

What exactly is it about them that you don't like? Everyone tells me now moose is a rich man's game. $150 for a bull tag. I ask them how many moose draws have they entered and never won. I can say with full certainty that I have been paying $54 dollars for many many years and never drawn a bull tag yet. Which is more expensive?

I'd gladly pay $15 to enter the lottery and pay based on what I draw.

I could see if you are calf hunters some opportunities have decreased
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Some?
They wiped out calves in Bow Hunting.
For me it is has been about just getting out and enjoying a week knowing full well that the chances of a shooting calf with a bow was 1800 to 1. The fact is every moose hunter could be given an Archery Season Only Calf tag and have very little effect on the population .
After this year anyone who thinks the new draw system is going to make it even better will have a big surprise coming.
The points system will result in making moose hunting a once in lifetime event if you are even lucky to draw a tag.
If they make the points retroactive those that have received any type of tag in the past will find out moose hunting for most will be past tense. :thumbdown:
So this year will be the last chance for any type of a fair chance equality for everyone entering the draw wishing to hunt moose.

The end result will be less and less individuals especially young hunters taking up the sport in the future which in a very short time make moose hunting a thing of the past.
Hunt camps with a the lack of younger individuals taking up the sport will be their demise.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Well ,I'm not under a calf quota in either of the WMU I have access to. So you can't say that all calf are wiped out.
I'll wait and see the results of the draw system before I come to a conclusion. But currently I'm not getting a bull tag any time soon, so I can't see the difference. Aside not I don't pay UNTIL I loose the draw, not before.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I gave up on Moose hunting after 1994, when I realized it was a "shell game". They wanted our money, but didn't want us to harvest moose. So I pulled the plug on throwing my money away. It seems that a lot people starting seeing the light so therefore MNR had to try something new in hopes of regenerating cash flow. Unfortunately, they still do not want moose to be harvested, so I'll continue to pass.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.