Axe on sale at Wyvern

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hunter with MS

Re: Axe on sale at Wyvern

Post by hunter with MS »

Just got the AXE and registered it . I noticed the AXe is off the product list replscrd by the MAG 340 in name only .
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

hunter with MS wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 3:23 pm
Just got the AXE and registered it . I noticed the AXe is off the product list replscrd by the MAG 340 in name only .
I was just wondering how you plan to set your new Axe up.
My first Axe has Dead zone scope and Dragon Claw arrows with 100grn Slick Trick Mags.
My new Axe has Twilight Deluxe scope, factory quills with Thorn Rift 125grn and an ACP trigger I picked up on Ebay. Once turkey season is over I will switch to a fixed blade.
I plan on adding a charger crank to one of them.
RobD

Post by RobD »

Mine now garnishes a Tact100 and ACP trigger and a Charger EXT for winding up for the pitch. Bumpers are now DrStirrup, and the string is a vixenmaster string. The string stars were left on the factory string, the exshits are gone, but the limb dampeners remain.

It will be loaded up with Zombie Slayers from Wyverns and tipped with either 125gr Magnus 4 Blade Hornet Ser-Razor Broadheads or some sort of SWAT mechanicals.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

RobD wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:12 pm
Mine now garnishes a Tact100 and ACP trigger and a Charger EXT for winding up for the pitch. Bumpers are now DrStirrup, and the string is a vixenmaster string. The string stars were left on the factory string, the exshits are gone, but the limb dampeners remain.

It will be loaded up with Zombie Slayers from Wyverns and tipped with either 125gr Magnus 4 Blade Hornet Ser-Razor Broadheads or some sort of SWAT mechanicals.
Is your trigger in single stage or 2 stage? I have only tried mind in single.
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

I am gonna put a Nixon bolt scope on mine. Use the Wyvern’s custom arrows,I got the charger ext coming too. I ordered me a JBK string too. For hunting I am gonna use the Wac em 100 gr. Crossbow broadheads . 8)
RobD

Post by RobD »

Hatchet - I still have all three of my ACP triggers in single-stage (how they come out of the box). One of these days I am going to try one in two-stage.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

RobD-Tommorow I plan to set my ACP trigger to two stage. I have no complaints about the factory Axe trigger. The Axe is the first crossbow I have been able to shoot free hand accurately. It is so much easier to shoot than my previous crossbows. This new Axe is a little heavier than the first because of the larger scope but tommorow I plan to switch to the Dead Zone that came with it.

I also like that it shoots lots of different broadheads accurately. I bought bullheads for turkey hunting thinking I would have to set up a bow just for these broadheads. I was surprised to find that they shoot very close to my Slick Trick Mags.
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

Got the Axe today it’s taking everything I’ve got not to open the box put it together and start slinging some arrows but have to wait until Friday after we pick up his diploma ( no graduation due to the virus) to give it to my son then we’ll be shooting it. Wyvern’s was quick getting it to me ordered Thursday afternoon here today now that’s service. I’ll be ordering more from them.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
Forkston

Post by Forkston »

Al Flaherty has them for $461.75
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

I got mine today! Everything looks fine on mine except under the stock forend is a little rough and feels like sandpaper. Closer look little tiny bubbles in the paint right where the palm of my hand goes :roll: oh well. Easy to,put together . I really like the case David sells for them. It not only looks cool but the bow limbs fit really snug and no room to spare. I took the Nikon off my axiom from the base only and set it in the rail groves. Same fit,tighten it down and the scope is level . I was not 100% it would pop on like that with out unscrewing the rings but it fit perfect.So all I gotta do now is take it off put a drop of blue loctite tighten and see it’s all level and perfect again. It did come off the same kind of Excalibur rail so I did think it might fit fine and be level but you never know. It’s the rifleman med rings.Next up will be the charger crank set up. The picture on the Excalibur site had me confused. If you look at it the release button and crank handle are both on the left side.I watched a couple utube videos how to install and use it. Not sure if I need loctite on those bracket bolts or not. Have to install the cheekpiece too.Maybe Wednesday I will get to shoot it . Cool little crossbow 8)
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

No you don't need the locktite on the bracket bolts as they have no stress on them I have brackets on 3 crossbows . Make sure you put locktite on the stirrup screws as they will loosen up .
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

hunter with MS wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:00 am
No you don't need the locktite on the bracket bolts as they have no stress on them I have brackets on 3 crossbows . Make sure you put locktite on the stirrup screws as they will loosen up .
Thanks for the stirrup screws.I will put loctite on those. I never did my matrix stirrup screws and it’s always been tight. I loctited the quiver bracket
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I never put the quiver on the crossbow so the bracket for that is never used . I have A few of them still in the package . The charger is so easy to put on and the release knob is on the left side .If this is the first time the charger will be used it may be a little stiff to put on you may have to pull the knob out for a few times to put it on. Also check the knob on the release from time to time as it screws in to the release pin and will unscrew .
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

I got everything all set now :thumbup: just one more ? I notice the rail the bow limbs screw on is a tad higher then the mainframe rail. So I take it as normal :idea:
janesy

Post by janesy »

bobcattrapper wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:39 pm
I got everything all set now :thumbup: just one more ? I notice the rail the bow limbs screw on is a tad higher then the mainframe rail. So I take it as normal :idea:
Perfectly normal, the arrow travels through the opening
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme