Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bobcattrapper

Re: Axe on sale at Wyvern

Post by bobcattrapper »

janesy wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:45 pm
bobcattrapper wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:39 pm
I got everything all set now :thumbup: just one more ? I notice the rail the bow limbs screw on is a tad higher then the mainframe rail. So I take it as normal :idea:
Perfectly normal, the arrow travels through the opening
Thanks! :D
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

might have known, blowed my rathole cash on an Axiom, and walker game ear protection, and a few necessary items! Always miss the good buys.
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....received and assembled my AXE yesterday afternoon....I agree that it is hard to believe that these sell for the price they do :shock: ....I am not a fan of how the limbs attach to the rail...but I am not one to break it down so it really is not an issue....gonna wait for my Dr.S. quiver, dbSilencers and limb dampners to arrive before I change out the EL String for a Vixenmaster Flemish....I'm torn between keeping the DeadZone periscope on and giving it a shot or changing out to the one last Leupy Crossbones I have.....will be making some torpedos to adorn the torpedo bay...gonna try a few different length's as per member's responses....

....there will be a couple additional minor mods....all in all this AXE is about the best Excalibur one can buy in terms of the value for the dead presidents (US) spent.... :thumbup:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

I ordered a few vixenmaster strings to try on the Axes. I took the aluminum inserts out of my Quill arrows and replaced them with brass so these arrows weigh the same as my Wyvern Dragon Claw arrows. I am interested to see how everyone sets up there crossbows for there preferences and style of hunting. I am thinking of giving one of my bows the blackout treatment with some spray rubber I am using on an auto project and also doing some mods to quiet it a little. The spray rubber I have been using goes on ugly but levels and dries to a very durable finish. I plan to try to quiet this bow some keeping the other stock for side by side comparison. Any suggestions for quieting the bow or trimming weight would be greatly appreciated.
Take care
Hatchet
Normous

Post by Normous »

Hatchet wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:51 pm
I ordered a few vixenmaster strings to try on the Axes. I took the aluminum inserts out of my Quill arrows and replaced them with brass so these arrows weigh the same as my Wyvern Dragon Claw arrows. I am interested to see how everyone sets up there crossbows for there preferences and style of hunting. I am thinking of giving one of my bows the blackout treatment with some spray rubber I am using on an auto project and also doing some mods to quiet it a little. The spray rubber I have been using goes on ugly but levels and dries to a very durable finish. I plan to try to quiet this bow some keeping the other stock for side by side comparison. Any suggestions for quieting the bow or trimming weight would be greatly appreciated.
Take care
Hatchet
Titanium hardware that doesn't rust is a place to start.

https://www.ti64.com/excalibur-crossbow-bolts-s/110895.htm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

Hatchet wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 12:47 pm
Let me know what you think of the charger crank. I am thinking of getting one so my wife could use one of the Axes during this years archery season. This will be Maine's first year allowing crossbows during archery season. It would also come in handy when target shooting. After I rope cock this crossbow 8 or 10 times I feel it in my lower back for a few days. I got a half dozen of Wyvern's Dragon Claw Arrows and have been very impressed with them.
Take care
Hatchet
I used it today for the first time. I first used the rope cocker aid 3 times. Then used the charger several time. I then tried to use the rope cocker again and did not have anymore strength to do it :shh: Went back to using the charger. So yea I would say definitely buy it :thumbup:
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

I finally got a chance to try my ACP trigger in the 2 stage setting. I purchased this trigger because the claws on my factory trigger were a little rough compared to my first Axe. I figured if I had another trigger unit I could send the original out to be polished. I reserved my string and swapped the triggers. I tried the trigger as it came to me for a few days and 25 or 30 shots. It helped with the serving wear. It worked a lot like the factory trigger I thought. Then I pulled the stock off and removed the screw to set it to 2 stage. I have shot it a half dozen times and it seems to work well for me. I have two compound crossbows one is my old hunting rig one is my daughter's and they have Triggertech triggers. I thought the trigger on my first Axe was a huge improvement over them. It has a more precise feel to it. My next buy is going to be a Charger crank.
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

Hatchet thanks again for the heads up gave it to my son yesterday put it together last night and we were shooting it today put about hundred arrows through it when I put it together I had an extra charger bracket so I put that on the stock glad I did after him cocking it by hand for about 50 shots he asked to use my charger. The axe is a great bow I was really impressed with it so much I may get one in the take down model if I don’t get the 400 take down. Thanks again now he’s getting ready to order some arrows. Also do you have a hard case for yours if so what model did you go with, it’s just easier putting them in a hard case and putting them in the bed of the truck when transporting them.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

OhioXBowhunter wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:40 pm
Hatchet thanks again for the heads up gave it to my son yesterday put it together last night and we were shooting it today put about hundred arrows through it when I put it together I had an extra charger bracket so I put that on the stock glad I did after him cocking it by hand for about 50 shots he asked to use my charger. The axe is a great bow I was really impressed with it so much I may get one in the take down model if I don’t get the 400 take down. Thanks again now he’s getting ready to order some arrows. Also do you have a hard case for yours if so what model did you go with, it’s just easier putting them in a hard case and putting them in the bed of the truck when transporting them.
I don't currently have a case for my Axe but have been thinking about getting one. I drive an old single cab pickup and have to break mine down and put it behind the seat or in the truck bed toolbox when I have 3 people in the cab. I am interested in a takedown model for this reason. Glad to hear that so many took advantage of this excellent deal.
Take care
Hatchet
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

OhioXBowhunter wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:40 pm
Also do you have a hard case for yours if so what model did you go with, it’s just easier putting them in a hard case and putting them in the bed of the truck when transporting them.
Look for the Plano Spire hard case. My brother got one for his Axe because he needs a hard case during transport as well. The Axe fit so well I got one for my Micro 335. The width is about as close to perfect as you can get. Here is a photo of the case...
And here it is with a Micro 335 inside it.
Note that you will have to remove the quiver. But there is enough room to tuck the quiver in a couple places. As you can see, I put a quiver bracket on the outside top of the case as well just for added convenience. Note that I have added the bigfoot stirrup to my Micro. Its the perfect length with the bigfoot stirrup. It fit fine as well with the original stirrup.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

Thanks I’ll let him know.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats