ProShot Review

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Shoebuck

ProShot Review

Post by Shoebuck »

AS a follow up to my previous post on Trigger Pick, I felt I should post my thought on this new trigger. I apreciate everyone that gave their opinion on custom triggers and used that info to order a ProShot. Installation was a breeze, 15 min. total and a perfect fit. Shot about 15 shots today and also shot side by side with my other bow with the factory trigger. I am shooting A Micro Gen 1 335. The ProShot is very crisp and clean. The weight feels very close to the 3 lb. ( that is where I set my rifles) . When shooting the original and then the ProShot it feels very light . I do not care for the position of the trigger in the trigger guard, This new Lever is quite a bit forward from the original. There is also a buzz on your finger at the shot, but nothing severe. Overall I am very pleased with the new trigger. One question to all out there, Has any one tried to replace the Lever with a Trigger Tech or the Original, and if so, would that move the Lever back in the guard? Dave
Micro 335 Camo
Micro 335 Nightmare
Black Eagle Zombies
Spynal Double Tapps
Slick Trick Mag
Wac'em Broadheads
DeerBoy Strings
Xcalibur Strings
8-PtBuck Strings
Nikon Bolt
janesy

Re: ProShot Review

Post by janesy »

Shoebuck wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 6:59 pm
AS a follow up to my previous post on Trigger Pick, I felt I should post my thought on this new trigger. I apreciate everyone that gave their opinion on custom triggers and used that info to order a ProShot. Installation was a breeze, 15 min. total and a perfect fit. Shot about 15 shots today and also shot side by side with my other bow with the factory trigger. I am shooting A Micro Gen 1 335. The ProShot is very crisp and clean. The weight feels very close to the 3 lb. ( that is where I set my rifles) . When shooting the original and then the ProShot it feels very light . I do not care for the position of the trigger in the trigger guard, This new Lever is quite a bit forward from the original. There is also a buzz on your finger at the shot, but nothing severe. Overall I am very pleased with the new trigger. One question to all out there, Has any one tried to replace the Lever with a Trigger Tech or the Original, and if so, would that move the Lever back in the guard? Dave
The lever is not replaceable. The lever itself is effectively the "first" of the two stages.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Shoebuck

Post by Shoebuck »

Can you explain, I have only shot it in the single stage. Thx Dave
Micro 335 Camo
Micro 335 Nightmare
Black Eagle Zombies
Spynal Double Tapps
Slick Trick Mag
Wac'em Broadheads
DeerBoy Strings
Xcalibur Strings
8-PtBuck Strings
Nikon Bolt
janesy

Post by janesy »

The screw that screws in through the bottom of the trigger lever holds it in single stage. When you remove the screw for 2 stage it allows the trigger lever itself to move under slight tension from a spring for a set amount before it engages and operates the trigger. Giving the feel and performance of a 2 stage with the simplicity of a single stage. Very smart engineering.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Normous

Post by Normous »

Do you find the new lever short?
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Shoebuck

Post by Shoebuck »

Yes, it will be ok after you get used to it.
Micro 335 Camo
Micro 335 Nightmare
Black Eagle Zombies
Spynal Double Tapps
Slick Trick Mag
Wac'em Broadheads
DeerBoy Strings
Xcalibur Strings
8-PtBuck Strings
Nikon Bolt
vaXbow

Post by vaXbow »

I’d like to see the trigger a little longer also. I’m a huge fan of the two stage configuration
The Horizontal Zone
[email protected]