Lighted nocks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

drywallerdave1

Re: Lighted nocks

Post by drywallerdave1 »

I have used lumenocks. They are junk. Bad design. Ignitors are by far the easiest and most reliable design I have used.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....to me, the proof is "in the pudding" as they say....If the Lumenoks were NOT as good as others have said, they would be a lot cheaper....which they are not....they just work....I have changed out batteries and it is pretty simple....you don't even have to buy the batteries from Lumenoks as any standard "bobber" battery works and are less than half what the manufacturer charges...
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Lumenoks are easily the brightest and most dependable lighted nock on the market and as far as them being hard to turn off, just take a 3-4" piece of 3/8" clear vinyl hose and slip it over the nock and arra shaft to the vanes and shake with point end down.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
grouse

Post by grouse »

I've only used lumenoks so I don't know if anything is better. That said, the lumenoks have worked flawlessly for me and have added to my crossbow hunting experience. Watching them zip toward a deer, disappear at impact, then seeing the glowing arrow sticking out of the ground after the deer runs off is like icing on a cake. Use some type of lighted nock and you wont regret it.
axiom
350 SE
Ankh

Post by Ankh »

Thanks for all the comments, I like the feedback from people that have used these items with an excalibur crossbow. Much better than random internet reviews (or company sponsored/produced videos that miraculously show their product as the best ever).
Micro 335 nightmare, Axiom
Swhacker 150 grain, zombie slayers
Wants: micro ultra lite, adj. stock, take down, good trigger, good scope , low 300 speed to keep "cockable" w/out crank
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

Lumenoks!!
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Had Lumenoks recommended to me last time they had a sale. Work great and the batteries last a long time. A great product.
Hatchet
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

amythntr wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:13 am
I have changed out batteries and it is pretty simple....you don't even have to buy the batteries from Lumenoks as any standard "bobber" battery works and are less than half what the manufacturer charges...
Exactly!!! Good call!!

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
PaulSpain

Post by PaulSpain »

They now sell CR425 rechargeable batteries (also CR435 for vertical arc users).
I haven't tried them yet, but I have placed an order for 4 units, I'll tell you...

Search in Google:
"CR425 or 435 rechargeable batteries"

CR425 for lumenoks GTF!!
Assassin 400TD
Boo

Post by Boo »

Paul, some of us use plastic nocks with set screws installed to simulate the weight of a Lumenok when we are shooting targets. That way we do not wear down the Lumenok batteries.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Normous

Post by Normous »

Boo wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:35 am
Paul, some of us use plastic nocks with set screws installed to simulate the weight of a Lumenok when we are shooting targets. That way we do not wear down the Lumenok batteries.
I offer this modification to my arrow customers :) .
Our newest forum member from Spain has a set of heavy arrows on order with weight matched nocks.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
PaulSpain

Post by PaulSpain »

The trick of putting the weight on the nock is very good! Thank you!! :eusa-clap:

Many days it gets dark while practicing and if I don't use illuminated nocks I don't see where I'm shooting. I also like to see the trajectory of the arrow when I shoot.
For all these reasons, I leave the nock on all the time in my low-light shooting sessions. :oops:
Also here the wild boars only come out at night.

Single-use replacement batteries are not expensive on the pocket but they are on the environment.
My conscience forces me to look for options that are more respectful of nature.

Sorry for being so geeky. :lol: :lol:
Assassin 400TD