Shortages

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Shortages

Post by longbow joe »

It's very noticeable at all the major sporting goods(outdoors stores) stuff is just in short supply
Our dicks and Walmart literally have no fishing line and fishing isles are bare
Walmart employees say they sold more fishing stuff this year than in past 3 years.
I think because most of it's made in China it's just not coming in.l havnt been to bass pro or cabellas since the pandemic started cant speak for them.
Are any of you seeing this type of emptiness?
Last edited by longbow joe on Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: Shortages

Post by Doe Master »

On the news last night they were saying there has been a large surge in people deciding to take up camping this year as well .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Seeing the same down here at Walmart Joe, sporting goods dept. is basically empty shelves and when I asked the dept. head I was told that they are not in any hurry to restock any non essential items such as sports and hobbies. :thumbdown:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I agree, a lot of "stuff" missing from certain chain stores. You gotta remember, MOST of Wal-Marts merchandise comes from overseas. With China and Taiwan being the largest importers to the USA. No one is in any hurry to import products from over there. But it's not just Wal-Mart. :crazy:

I've had a hard time finding certain things at Atwood's and Tractor Supply, farm equipment stores, for you guys that aren't familiar with them. And like was mentioned, when asking employees, these items are considered, "Non-Essential" by the "higher ups" within the store management. in other words, by folks who have no need for them, nor will they ever. Therefore, the common man, has to wait, or do without. :eusa-doh:

And forget trying to buy ammo in like 9mm, 45acp or .223. It's like "Hen's teeth", non-existent!! :thumbdown: Good thing I "roll my own"!! :lol: :lol:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

These days you have to stay stocked up! I’m fine thankfully, there are four of us that pool up and buy online, it’s been working out fine for a while now!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

:lol: you guys should try being on the other side of the desk. :crazy: :crazy: crazy world right now
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

I needed a circular saw for a project and the stores were out around here. Talked to a manager of a local hardware store and he said they're are out of a lot of different things because of gaps in the supply chain. He also told me they had been out of pressure treated lumber since the shutdown started and didn't expect to have any for 2 more months. We also enlarged our garden this year and could not find a roll of fence for sale anywhere. Luckily we had fence given to us by a family member all we had to do was take it down and drag it home. Take care,
Hatchet
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/14V45Bv4]Image
I had to go way way out of town for corrogated metal roofing
No one had it local.
Me n my brother love shooting our pistols every Sunday and saw this coming we got like 75 pounds of powder and enough .45s and .357 bullets to last a long long time lm normally not a hoarder but you gotta be practical and think ahead in these crazy times
Not really getting ready for a war we just enjoy shooting 200 rounds or more every other Sunday lol.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Doe Master wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:55 am
On the news last night they were saying there has been a large surge in people deciding to take up camping this year as well .
Yea, trying to get a camp site is a nightmare !!!!
:think:

Dave :(
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

longbow joe wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:48 am
Our dicks and Walmart literally have no fishing line and fishing isles are bare
I'm only a few hours Southwest of you and we have the same around here. I wonder if people are eating it because I haven't seen an increase in folks on the water when I've been fishing. :lol:

There are a lot of odd things that are wiped out. I needed thread to stitch up a new cover for my boat and the sewing aisle is equally bare. I'm sure the Covid mask building took care of all of that. Fortunately I was able to pick up the last spool of braided line in the fishing section and used that to sew up the cover. In the end, it was probably the best solution anyway.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Forkston

Post by Forkston »

China, CHINA, I CHECKED ALL MY FISHING REELS LINE POLES ALL CHINA
janesy

Post by janesy »

Forkston wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:18 am
China, CHINA, I CHECKED ALL MY FISHING REELS LINE POLES ALL CHINA
We've made out bed, and we'll be sleeping in it for a long time to come. And we are ALL to blame for it. My wife bought two pairs of pants from Walmart just yesterday.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

AJ01 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:44 am
I agree, a lot of "stuff" missing from certain chain stores. You gotta remember, MOST of Wal-Marts merchandise comes from overseas. With China and Taiwan being the largest importers to the USA. No one is in any hurry to import products from over there. But it's not just Wal-Mart. :crazy:

I've had a hard time finding certain things at Atwood's and Tractor Supply, farm equipment stores, for you guys that aren't familiar with them. And like was mentioned, when asking employees, these items are considered, "Non-Essential" by the "higher ups" within the store management. in other words, by folks who have no need for them, nor will they ever. Therefore, the common man, has to wait, or do without. :eusa-doh:

And forget trying to buy ammo in like 9mm, 45acp or .223. It's like "Hen's teeth", non-existent!! :thumbdown: Good thing I "roll my own"!! :lol: :lol:

AJ
.....same here Andy.....I have enough components to "roll" about %$#*& rounds of 9mm,38,357, 40 and 45ACP....could probably retire if I sold off my ammo and reloading stash....I knew this was coming some day.....it will only get worse after the election if the presidency and both houses flip....
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

amythntr wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:45 pm
AJ01 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:44 am

AJ

.....same here Andy.....I have enough components to "roll" about %$#*& rounds of 9mm,38,357, 40 and 45ACP....could probably retire if I sold off my ammo and reloading stash....I knew this was coming some day.....it will only get worse after the election if the presidency and both houses flip....
if you can buy at a reasonable price, load up!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/K3rpf592]Image
Fishing line isle at dicks tonight