My new scent system

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

My new scent system

Post by longbow joe » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:46 pm

[url=https://postimg.cc/PvTW0934]Image
Usually l put all my hunting clothes in a super large camo duffel bag just a super sized gym type bag. With ragweed and other native natural herbs cut down and dried into a potpourri then stored in a pillaged pair of pantyhose tied tight.
This year l bought a new rubbermaid swing lid trash can and put all the herbs on the bottom with the cardboard
Divider with lots a holes poked through.
I'm loving this setup l just root thru the can and get what l need and everything stays scented and it fits neatly in the back of the garage.
Much better than the duffle bag now l can rotate the cold weather clothes top and bottom
The scented clothes and a clean body along with doe p has always worked really good for me.
I was gonna buy one of the commercial closets but this works really good and is a heck of a lot cheaper .
Just wanted to share hope it works if your looking for a scent containing idea.
Last edited by longbow joe on Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Micro 335 camo crossbones /matrix 330 nikon bolt /vixen ll / offspring with a micro stock crossbones/ matrix 355 with a micro stock crossbones/ metal ibex (adopted manco morto)/Phoenix/ trigger tec's /xacts/super freak ex's/ spitfires/zombies

longbow joe

Re: My new scent system

Post by longbow joe » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:50 pm

[url=https://postimg.cc/qzzCV4Mf]Image
I even have room for my back pack on top
Clothes get washed in scent free soap .. air dry and in the "trash "
Might be a good idea to tell other family members it's not a trash can or we just might find a big mac n fries in there!
Micro 335 camo crossbones /matrix 330 nikon bolt /vixen ll / offspring with a micro stock crossbones/ matrix 355 with a micro stock crossbones/ metal ibex (adopted manco morto)/Phoenix/ trigger tec's /xacts/super freak ex's/ spitfires/zombies

AJ01

Post by AJ01 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:18 am

Great Idea Joe!! I like the idea of it "standing up" rather than laying down flat. I've been using a 110qt Rubbermaid tub to store my stuff in for a few years, but it seems to always be in the way. :eusa-doh:
I think the "upright" version of this is much better at taking up less space. And I like the perforated baffle in the bottom. I think I'll put one of these together, I'm probably gonna try "pegboard" as a false bottom. As much junk as I'd want to stuff in it, it would probably need the extra support!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"No matter how big a hammer you use, you can't pound common sense into stupid people"!! :eusa-deadhorse:
"Howdy" and Happy Hunting from the Heart of the East Texas Piney Woods!! :wave:
Micro Suppressor 355 :mrgreen:

xcaliber

Post by xcaliber » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:11 am

Great idea Joe!
Matrix 330 - Doing Good in the Neighborhood!
Micro 355 (Jinx) Nikon Bolt XR. TT Single Stage Trigger KID'S now
Matrix 380 (Max) Redfield Revenge / TT Single Stage Trigger
Axe 340 Kryptek (Axe) Nikon P3

ihunt

Post by ihunt » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:15 pm

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:11 am
Great idea Joe!
X2 thanks for sharing :thumbup:
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers