My new scent system

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

My new scent system

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/PvTW0934]Image
Usually l put all my hunting clothes in a super large camo duffel bag just a super sized gym type bag. With ragweed and other native natural herbs cut down and dried into a potpourri then stored in a pillaged pair of pantyhose tied tight.
This year l bought a new rubbermaid swing lid trash can and put all the herbs on the bottom with the cardboard
Divider with lots a holes poked through.
I'm loving this setup l just root thru the can and get what l need and everything stays scented and it fits neatly in the back of the garage.
Much better than the duffle bag now l can rotate the cold weather clothes top and bottom
The scented clothes and a clean body along with doe p has always worked really good for me.
I was gonna buy one of the commercial closets but this works really good and is a heck of a lot cheaper .
Just wanted to share hope it works if your looking for a scent containing idea.
Last edited by longbow joe on Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
longbow joe

Re: My new scent system

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/qzzCV4Mf]Image
I even have room for my back pack on top
Clothes get washed in scent free soap .. air dry and in the "trash "
Might be a good idea to tell other family members it's not a trash can or we just might find a big mac n fries in there!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Great Idea Joe!! I like the idea of it "standing up" rather than laying down flat. I've been using a 110qt Rubbermaid tub to store my stuff in for a few years, but it seems to always be in the way. :eusa-doh:
I think the "upright" version of this is much better at taking up less space. And I like the perforated baffle in the bottom. I think I'll put one of these together, I'm probably gonna try "pegboard" as a false bottom. As much junk as I'd want to stuff in it, it would probably need the extra support!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Great idea Joe!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:11 am
Great idea Joe!
X2 thanks for sharing :thumbup:
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers