Black eagle bolt / components

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Turtleman

Black eagle bolt / components

Post by Turtleman »

Anyone else had any problems with black eagle bolts or component problems? I have both black eagle executioners and zombie slayers. First noticed on a batch of bolts aluminum nock inserts or bolts varied pretty good in either the inside diameter of the bolts or outside diameter of nock inserts. Some were way tighter and some too tight others loose as could be. I haven’t put a micrometer too anything yet but one or the other is off? I never had a problem with gold tip bolts but wanted to try some black eagles, am kind of second guessing that decision now.
Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today!
Normous

Re: Black eagle bolt / components

Post by Normous »

No issues to report in the 80 + dozen Zombies I have built in the last 2 years.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I haven't had any issues with Black Eagle components on Zombie Slayers or Spynal Taps. But I've never tried any of their aluminum inserts either. I've always used brass or stainless steel up front and plastic nocks or Lumenok in the back. Everything I've used fit snug.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

..... I echo the previous responders.... nary an issue ever... I also have only used brass inserts in either 92 or 110g... wondering if it’s the aluminum inserts that are the offending culprits!!!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I didn't know black eagle had metal nock inserts only ever used the plastic
All this stuff is being made in China during a pandemic I'm seeing poor quality with many products at work and poor quality control .. .or no quality control with just about everything....now they are mad at us its gonna continue I'm afraid it's the norm.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I have had no issues with any components. I did have a friend lose an insert in a target attached to a broadhead recently, which really angers me. Even though you refrigerate your adhesives, they really only so long I'm finding. In terms of Black Eagles aluminum rear nocks, they have proven to be the best on the market to me. As for gluing inserts in, the Black Adhesive from Black Eagle is the best I have used to date.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

No issues here. Yes they do vary in ID a miniscule amount but that variance doesn't amount to a hill of beans. Bupkis!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

xcaliber wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:17 am
I have had no issues with any components. I did have a friend lose an insert in a target attached to a broadhead recently, which really angers me. Even though you refrigerate your adhesives, they really only so long I'm finding. In terms of Black Eagles aluminum rear nocks, they have proven to be the best on the market to me. As for gluing inserts in, the Black Adhesive from Black Eagle is the best I have used to date.
.....I have NEVER, nor has ANY of the people whom I have made arra's for, ever lost the capsule and command module in space (target).....I attribute it SOLELY on the rubberized adhesive I have been using from Big Jim's Bow Company.

https://bigjimsbowcompany.com/product-category/arrow-building/adhesives/
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

amythntr wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:06 am
xcaliber wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:17 am
.....I have NEVER, nor has ANY of the people whom I have made arra's for, ever lost the capsule and command module in space (target).....I attribute it SOLELY on the rubberized adhesive I have been using from Big Jim's Bow Company.

https://bigjimsbowcompany.com/product-category/arrow-building/adhesives/
I'll look into this stuff, I too use the rubberized glues, and follow a regiment to the letter. :eusa-think:
Thanks for the link Anthony! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!