Excalibur bow thoughts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Excalibur bow thoughts

Post by longbow joe »

Before coming on stand tonight l helped my young neighbor sight in his Barnett Whitetail hunter....meh.
Got it shooting acceptable no issues but I'm just used to the quality of a real "metal "excalibur bow ...even though this bow was probably 40 fps faster than mine it was plastic just not the same.
I'm even biased on these polymer guns lm well aware of the reliability and light weight of them etc and accuracy but l just prefer a metal gun like a 1911 or a revolver l guess I'm just a metal kind of guy.
Last edited by longbow joe on Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
flightattendant100

Re: Excalibur bow thoughts

Post by flightattendant100 »

Nothing like nice walnut and polished blue!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Everyone I run into when shooting, or hunting with Excalibur is impressed. I hope I'm helping the brand, not to mention that the hunt club I hunt on has two deer taken this fall, and both with Excalibur's, I own half that record! :eusa-dance:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:48 pm
Nothing like nice walnut and polished blue!
X 2 on walnut and blue as far as firearms' for me .
And recurve bows are the only one I am interested in I like to be able to do all the bow maintenance my self and not have to depend on a bow shop when a serving needs replacing our the string stretches'.
Lord for bid you dry fire a wheel bow you end up with a pile of cables for the trash can.
Last edited by gerald strine on Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
grouse

Post by grouse »

When I shot vertical bows it was always a recurve. Though I have pulled a few compounds back, I've never shot an arrow from one. You can't beat the reliability and easy maintenance of recurves. As far as aluminum vs. SMF rails goes, I have one of each and they seem absolutely equal in performance to me. While I like walnut and blued steel guns I have a Tikka T3X rifle with a composite stock and stainless barrel. It's a terrific rifle.
axiom
350 SE