dRStirrup Quiver

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

dRStirrup Quiver

Post by xcaliber »

I don't know why I have not checked these out, but finally did. Since I'm going to have 3 bows with 3 different arrow lengths, I decided to get the 3 arrow crossbow version. Waiting for it to arrive. :eusa-popcorn:
I carry my quiver in my backpack, but this design with tension on the arrow is the cake! No more lost arrows! :thumbup: :thumbup:

https://drstirrup.com/arrolok-crossbow-quivers-and-accessories/
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
roly

Re: dRStirrup Quiver

Post by roly »

This is the third season that I’ve been using the 3 arrow quiver.
I can say I love it and dislike it.
It is a quality made product that seems indestructible and should last a life time. The quiver it self is what I can’t get used to, it’s a bit on the heavy side and has a large bulky feel to it, almost cumbersome.
I love the fact that my arrows will never fall out and are completely protected on both ends. To be able to remove arrows with only two fingers is why I use it every day and what I love about it the most.

I have the complete dRStirrup line and can tell you his products are nothing but top quality that I think I will never wear out.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Thanks for your reviews. :thumbup:
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I have both the 3 arrow and 5 arrow models. I like the 3 arrow best. It's a well designed and well made product.

My hunting broadhead used to be Montec Striker Magnum. It's a fixed blade with a BIG cut.

Now I haven't stopped to do actual measurements, but it seemed to me that the 5 arrow version has the broadheads more closely bunched together. I didn't care for that. Maybe it was just an impression that was mistaken. I just loaded 3 arrows on the 5 arrow model. That solved the crowding issue, but is a silly solution. It wouldn't be a concern for anyone using more commonly sized broadheads, however.

Another reason I like the 3 arrow version best is that in my style of hunting, only once in many years of hunting, have I ever needed even a second arrow. If the first arrow failed to do its job, the hunt is likely over anyway. If you do get a chance to use a second arrow, the hunt is very, very, likely to be over. Having a third arrow is enough insurance for those rarest, flukey, situations.

It's a "dead or fled" situation. Carrying more arrows in a bow quiver is just extra weight and bulk. If you really MUST have more arrows with you, put them in an Easton tube and carry them in your pack.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Yep, three arrows should be plenty for whitetail hunting. I have read that it is a bit heavy, but that’s fine.
janesy

Post by janesy »

roly wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:25 am
It is a quality made product that seems indestructible and should last a life time. The quiver it self is what I can’t get used to, it’s a bit on the heavy side and has a large bulky feel to it, almost cumbersome.
I love the fact that my arrows will never fall out and are completely protected on both ends. To be able to remove arrows with only two fingers is why I use it every day and what I love about it the most.

I have the complete dRStirrup line and can tell you his products are nothing but top quality that I think I will never wear out.
Agreed!

I mounted the bracket to the arm of my climber, so my quiver goes where ever I go and it's rugged enough to go through tight trails. I also have a bracket mounted to my backpack if I'm not climbing, same deal.
But mounted on a bow? No way, too big
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I think 3 is great, I'm a backpack hunter. Have to carry one with more stuff than I'll ever use! :lol: :lol:

Post by newbie »

janesy wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:20 pm
roly wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:25 am

Agreed!

I mounted the bracket to the arm of my climber, so my quiver goes where ever I go and it's rugged enough to go through tight trails. I also have a bracket mounted to my backpack if I'm not climbing, same deal.
But mounted on a bow? No way, too big
I have brackets mounted in all my stands. The 3 arrow fits perfectly in the bottle pouch on my pack and strap the top. I won't hunt without it.

I remember when I had the factory quiver mounted to my bow. 3 or 4 times a year I would chase escaped arrows. Not anymore.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Got it adjusted for some arrows and I have to say it is engineered very well. Once you set the length, you are not losing anymore arrows! I use the water pocket too Mike, works great! :thumbup: :thumbup: