Walking in light

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Forkston

Re: Walking in light

Post by Forkston »

So your walking in the woods in the dark with a green light and it wont spook the deer, so i guess as long as you have a green light your scent and any noise or commotion you make will automatically be eliminated, I don't claim to be the smartest person but good lord. while I'm venting about stupid beliefs how about these people who have 100's of dollars in scent eliminating clothing and shower with scent free soap and deodorant and rubber boots then spray their scent eliminating clothes with scent eliminating spray and get to their hunting spot and say I can't hunt that spot because the wind is wrong and i'll get busted DUH, what happened to all that scent eliminating stuff you spent hundred of dollars on, I guess they don't work
grouse

Post by grouse »

I have never uses any kind of a light to walk to a stand in my life and I'll be 72 next month. It can be pretty dark on a cloudy morning early in the season when there are leaves on the trees, but I always allow myself plenty of time (an extra 5-10 minutes) and walk slowly. Without a light my eyes adjust to the dark better and I get there. Maybe I have just forgotten, but I don't remember having ever fallen on my way to a stand in the dark.
axiom
350 SE
Boo

Post by Boo »

I think we all have different needs for light even at the same age. The doctor who looks at my eyes and gives me my prescription for glasses tells me I have a bit of glaucoma which is not unusual for my age (67). When testing for a prescription, I can now not get a prescription that I feel is perfect. I’ve always been aware that my night vision isn’t as good as some others and scopes like the Crossfire drive my eyes nuts when the illumination is turned on. It’s not an issue with all illuminated scopes, just the Crossfire because everything is so close to each other.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
grouse

Post by grouse »

Boo wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:03 pm
I think we all have different needs for light even at the same age. The doctor who looks at my eyes and gives me my prescription for glasses tells me I have a bit of glaucoma which is not unusual for my age (67). When testing for a prescription, I can now not get a prescription that I feel is perfect. I’ve always been aware that my night vision isn’t as good as some others and scopes like the Crossfire drive my eyes nuts when the illumination is turned on. It’s not an issue with all illuminated scopes, just the Crossfire because everything is so close to each other.
Your points are all good, everyone is different. I'm extremely lucky in that at almost 72, I've never needed or worn glasses. We should all do whatever it takes to get to our stands safely.
axiom
350 SE
Boo

Post by Boo »

grouse wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:16 pm
Boo wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:03 pm
Your points are all good, everyone is different. I'm extremely lucky in that at almost 72, I've never needed or worn glasses. We should all do whatever it takes to get to our stands safely.
That is great to not need glasses at your age! I've thought about having my lenses replaced but it isn't a cheap. I am somewhat jealous! But when think about havimg it done, I think of having had 2 rifles blow up on me and that stops me from doing it. I also like having eye protection when I'm walking through brush. I may give in some day though!
janesy

Post by janesy »

One of my stand is in a swamp, you can't get in or out in the dark without a light until snow is on the ground then you can. But by then your so past legal light it really doesn't matter. With my eyes, I loose all depth perception at dawn and dusk for a few minutes, so I rely on a good headlamp from Milwaukee, or else I get branches in the eyes constantly. Not fun.

Hunting in the North country? Forget it, when the sun goes down, it's not dark, it's Black.

I was fishing last summer at midnight on Lake Temagami's Sharp Rock Inlet. I've never experienced such complete darkness before. Could not see my hand in front of my face.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

Forkston wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:11 am
So your walking in the woods in the dark with a green light and it wont spook the deer, so i guess as long as you have a green light your scent and any noise or commotion you make will automatically be eliminated, I don't claim to be the smartest person but good lord. while I'm venting about stupid beliefs how about these people who have 100's of dollars in scent eliminating clothing and shower with scent free soap and deodorant and rubber boots then spray their scent eliminating clothes with scent eliminating spray and get to their hunting spot and say I can't hunt that spot because the wind is wrong and i'll get busted DUH, what happened to all that scent eliminating stuff you spent hundred of dollars on, I guess they don't work
I farted in a ground blind on thursday, around 7:30 am. Do you have an opinion on that too?
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Normous

Post by Normous »

Might depend on what you ate that night :mrgreen:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Boo

Post by Boo »

janesy wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:19 pm
Forkston wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:11 am
I farted in a ground blind on thursday, around 7:30 am. Do you have an opinion on that too?
Chris, I do and I hope you do was well, feel sorry for anyone so angry and disgruntled all the time. I just cannot fathom the churning in his stomach that must be happening all the time. I honestly feel sorry for him. I have no hostility toward him, but I do feel sympathetic for the unhappiness he must live in. Why would anyone vent at something someone does for himself? I mean it doesn't effect him so there is no reason for venting anger and there is no reason for the anger itself. Maybe we should allow him to vent if it does him good? Geeeeze, I'm sounding like a Christian!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Normous wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:38 pm
Some Wiener Schnitzel and kraut? That'll do it for me everytime!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Boo wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:50 pm
Normous wrote:
Sardines and green beer!😂😂😂😂😂
Boo

Post by Boo »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:11 pm
Boo wrote:
Normous wrote:
Have you had weis beer? :mrgreen:
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Boo wrote:
Normous wrote:
Sick Puppies!!!! :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Boo

Post by Boo »

AJ01 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:16 pm
Boo wrote:

Sick Puppies!!!! :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe, who's talking? Someone who never eats chilli and washes it down with beer? I think not! :mrgreen:
janesy

Post by janesy »

Chili, pulled pork, and beer for dinner last night. Been a long day today I'll tell ya
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme