Stirrup dip

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Turtleman

Stirrup dip

Post by Turtleman »

Am looking to dip or spray my foot stirrup. Has anyone used plasti dip and if so is it durable? If anyone has any other ideas of stuff that has worked for them please chime in!
Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today!
Normous

Re: Stirrup dip

Post by Normous »

I gave the guy at the local spray in Bed liner shop a couple deer loin steaks to coat mine.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I use the PlastiDip and it works awesome! Just be sure to allow 30 minutes between each dip. I do 4 dips for my stirrups. They turn out really nice when done. Good luck!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I sprayed Plasti Dip on some tool handles to try it out first. I wasn't impressed. Maybe it needed a lot of coats to keep from wearing/scratching through. The finish just seemed thin. After getting a Micro 400TD and using the bigfoot stirrup, I eventually bought the bigfoot stirrup (Part# 74075) for my Micro 335 and Matrix 350. The rubber coating is excellent. I'm no longer concerned about scratches when cocking on a concrete surface or metal-to-metal contact if I need to recock in my stand. You can pick one up on eBay for around $30 US. Note that the bigfoot stirrup will add about 3/4" more length to the stirrup as well. Sometimes the extra length comes in handy when shooting longer broadheads. But the added length may not be welcome if raising the top of your cocking stroke will cause you problems.

Here is a photo of the bigfoot stirrup compared to the standard one.

BTW, if anyone needs a standard stirrup (because stuff happens), PM me.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
janesy

Post by janesy »

I've tried all kinds of canned dip options. They don't hold up at all. You are in fact standing on it.
Spray on rubberized Bedliner was the most durable.

But the factory dipped stirrups are by far the best option and are only twice the price of a spray on Bedliner can
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

The Plasti Spary sucks! You need to use the dip. I'll match My dipped stirrups up to factory dipped any day! My dipped stirrups don't scratch and I cock my bow on concrete and rocks all the time. When I get done, my dipped stirrups have twice as much rubber coating as factory coated.
janesy

Post by janesy »

bigbowman wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:58 pm
The Plasti Spary sucks! You need to use the dip. I'll match My dipped stirrups up to factory dipped any day! My dipped stirrups don't scratch and I cock my bow on concrete and rocks all the time. When I get done, my dipped stirrups have twice as much rubber coating as factory coated.
I sell the dip, and spray. any colour you want I have it lol. It doesn't hold up at all to the factory rubber dip. I have a stirrup that must have got 15-20 dips and it held up pretty good but one rock could slice through it if you stepped on it the wrong way..
You can pull plastidip off with your fingers, that's what it's designed to do. Not a chance that's happening with factory rubber
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

I wrap mine in paracord. It protects the stirrup from scuffs and scratches and it's always nice to have extra cord on hand.
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

janesy wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:22 pm
bigbowman wrote:
I sell the dip, and spray. any colour you want I have it lol. It doesn't hold up at all to the factory rubber dip. I have a stirrup that must have got 15-20 dips and it held up pretty good but one rock could slice through it if you stepped on it the wrong way..
You can pull plastidip off with your fingers, that's what it's designed to do. Not a chance that's happening with factory rubber
I'd like to see you tear off my dip with your fingers! This stirrup I dipped 3 years ago. It's twice the thickness as my Bigfoot Stirrup!

janesy

Post by janesy »

bigbowman wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:52 pm
janesy wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:22 pm
bigbowman wrote:
I'd like to see you tear off my dip with your fingers! This stirrup I dipped 3 years ago. It's twice the thickness as my Bigfoot Stirrup!

You don't need to get all exclamation pointy. We can see you are really good at dip.

Moving on, I suppose their is enough for the OP to form a decision.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Exclamation pointy. Lol
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

:eusa-popcorn:
This is better than my Steelers game right now!
:lol: :lol:
I’m a fan of the Bigfoot stirrups not because of the coating.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

I used the stuff for DYI bed liner coating. It is decidedly harder and so far more durable but you have to dip it several times because it is thinner.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
XbowMisiu

Post by XbowMisiu »

Why don't you take a roll of electrical tape and run it few times back and forth... Few layers are on my bow for years. Easy.
Darz Bór!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/Ln7bNmB1]Image
Paracord but brush on fresh new flechtite archery cement over it with a rubber glove or brush.
Lasts for eons.
Part of the "super silent Phoenix's " super silent stuff.
Sounds very quiet like a wheeled offspring... works great behind someone's house when you don't want to be heard..... behind someone's house!
Now if you could only silence a bolt when it goes thru a deer and hits a wooden fence...l have a friend who has a friend that did that one time.
Last edited by longbow joe on Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.