favorite gun manufacturer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Robinsons Rebel

favorite gun manufacturer

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

While everybody is still debating your favorite caliber, what about your favorite gun manufacturer? I use a Ruger with the old boat paddle zytel stock in stainless. The gun just works for me. Now I've said that if something ever happens to my Ruger that I would replace it with a Tikka. Tikka has a bolt that feels like butter. I know you can get a more expensive gun but I think Tikka has more bang for your buck.
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
grouse

Re: favorite gun manufacturer

Post by grouse »

May I pick three? I'm partial to my Browning Citori, my Tikka T3X and an old Ithaca featherlight pump gun I have.
axiom
350 SE
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

I,ll take my old Model 97 Winchester hammer. :thumbup:
it has never let me down. :eusa-popcorn:

Dave
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

I was a Ruger man before I was a man... :) :)

Nice buck with my 30-06 No.1S

Fat doe with my Bisley Super Blackhawk 41 mag
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

You can't beat a ruger for price,quality and value...l love my new python but if l soul search my gp100 357 is just as good and locks up like a vault l think ruger is kinda like the "toyota " of guns ....they just keep going and keep working no surprises no extragavagansa and that's cool.
Me ...wife and kids have put boxes and boxes and....boxes of .22s out of our 1022 rifles and we hardly even clean them and not a misfire or a hiccup. You can pay more but you will only get different not better.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Ruger has n a favorite ..M77 in 22 250 was a tack driver , my m77VT in 243 is a tack driver ---ground hog at 560 + yards ,10/22 bought in1976 still going strong .....I also lhave a Sako in 7mm that shoots well ...Currently have 4 Savage rifles that I am fond of A 243 axis in SS , very accurate , BMag in 17 wsm accurate , but not too pretty and a couple 22 bolt guns very accurate .
Driftless hunter

Post by Driftless hunter »

Revolvers - Rugers

Rifles - I think there as several good companies. If someone stole my Tikka T3, I would replace it with a Tikka T3x. They have excellent barrels, great triggers, & they shoot way beyond my ability. Weatherby Vanguard would be a good choice, too!

If my house was on fire & I could only grab/save one gun, it would be my Marlin 336 .30-30 Win. that my dad bought for me when I was a kid (1970's). It's not my most valuable gun, but it has with the most memories. They are solid, well built guns.

I hope the union of Ruger & Marlin is a good one! I have a high opinion of both brands! I would hate to see Marlin disappear.

Shotguns - I own a basic 12 gauge Remington 870 Express that has served me well. I picked up a used Browning Gold 10 a few years ago. I have Indian Creek Black Diamond Strike turkey chokes for both. If I was replacing my shotguns, I would consider a Franchi. My brother has been happy with his Intensity (goose/turkey hunting). Mossberg are a working man's shotgun. My dad & cousin get excellent patterns out of their Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag shotguns. I can't really say that I have a favorite shotgun company.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I'm with Grouse, may I pick several also?? :D

I can't pick a "favorite"...
I like them all!!! :lol:

What IF you could only HAVE ONE GUN???? :shock: :lol:

Now, that's food for thought... :eusa-think:

Let me think...How about a 3 gun stew??? I've used each of these A LOT!!! :thumbup:
Shotgun: My Weatherby Athena 20 gauge with screw-in chokes. I've killed a lot of quail and pheasants with this little lightweight beauty!!
Rifle: My Remington Mountain rifle....you all know the caliber!! :lol: :lol:
And just for fun my little friend with a stubby barrel in .223 that has all kinds of "bells and whistles". :mrgreen:
But since I don't have to keep just 1 or 3, I'll just keep all that I have!! :thumbup:

But one gun, and one gun ONLY????? :wtf: Wow!! Tough right? :eusa-snooty:
Not really... :)
A Remingtom 870 with a set of screw-in chokes. I have one, not a standard 870 anymore. It started out life as a Special Purpose, 28" Vent rib barrel. It took a trip and came back with the 28" now 18" with a screw-in choke system. Added an extended shell tube and other "goodies".
It's one of my favorites...It'll handle any type of critter found in North America with the right loads. Matters not if it is the 4-legged variety, or the type that roams about on two!! :wink:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

I really like my old trusty Remington 870 wing master, Bennelli super eagle 3 and Tikka t3 270 win. And lately my Fabarm O/U Elos N2 sweet gun for trap. :thumbup: I have others but these are my favs.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Driftless hunter

Post by Driftless hunter »

AJ01 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:53 am

What IF you could only HAVE ONE GUN????
In all honesty, that would be an easy choice. My Remington 870 12 gauge.

If I want to hunt deer, turkeys, upland birds, & other small game, it would have to be shotgun. Plus, you didn't say we had to pick one barrel! :)

I would really miss the rest, however.
CT.HNTR

Post by CT.HNTR »

For carry guns my preference is Glock and Sig. For revolvers nobody beats Ruger, For bolt action hunting rifles I prefer Weatherby, For rimfire rifles I prefer CZ and for over and under shotguns I prefer Browning.
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Guess:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

IronNoggin wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:55 pm
Guess:

Cheers,
Nog
I believe I would have to say "Weatherby"!!! :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
CT.HNTR

Post by CT.HNTR »

They look like Mark V's
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

I can’t name just one manufacturer I’ve got several from over at least a dozen different makers if I could only have one it would be one of my 870s or 1100s.
Crossbows - Excalibur only.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats