favorite gun manufacturer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

Re: favorite gun manufacturer

Post by IronNoggin »

You were both right.

Top is the 270 Weatherby Mag made in 1960 in Germany.
Bottom one is the 1970's 300 Weatherby, also German made.

Both Mark V's.

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I never understood all the hype with the black rifles ....yes l own several different brands with all the goodies
But if things got really ugly and l hope that's never,
My choice would be buckshot not the black rifles.
My ruger mini 14 is much more astetically pleasing with the real wood than the others if l had to say that.
I really like the Springfield tanker 308 lts on my fun money list for sure! Love wood furniture
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

My favorite gun is an ExcaliburCrossbow! The rest all go boom, and poke holes where you want them if it’s any good at all.
:eusa-popcorn:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

You got us on that dan.....and you can use your shells over n over again .
You can be out there at 7am and not bother anybody with the noise.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

longbow joe wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:30 am
That's why I STOPPED rifle hunting back in the late 90's!! Too much noise!! :lol: :eusa-doh: :wink: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

AJ01 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:03 am
longbow joe wrote:
That's why I STOPPED rifle hunting back in the late 90's!! Too much noise!! :lol: :eusa-doh: :wink: :lol:
🤣🤣🤣
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

longbow joe wrote:
Joe, if I'm hunting with a gun it's because I didn't do so great in the bow season. I love to hunt, don't get me wrong, but I can be happier if I'm done before it gets cold! :lol: :lol:
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I think a lot of us feel the same way.when l was younger l was a cold weather whimp.....still am but better clothes technology has helped me a lot.
I love to have a nice buck at the end of archery season then l can pick the warmer days of gun and winter bow to fill doe tags.
Even with tags filled freezing out there is still better than work lol.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I'm partial to Savage rimfires, Ruger pistols and Remington shotguns. As for rifles, whatever hits a quarter at 100y works for me and many will.

But unquestionably, by favorite gun manufacturer has to be CVA specifically for their muzzleloaders. I've taken more good bucks with a CVA muzzleloader than I have with all archery methods and rifles combined. That's hard to imagine since we get to hunt bucks for 7-8 weeks with rifles, 4-5 weeks with archery, but only two weeks with muzzleloaders. It's just that the two weeks of muzzleloader season in Virginia usually line up well with the rut.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Robinsons Rebel

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

As I said in my OP, I still love my Rugers. As for shotguns I prefer Mossbergs. I only use them for small game and turkeys. My go to primitive weapon is a H&R 45-70 in stainless with a thumbhole stock. Hopefully one day soon I can add my 30-30 to my family.
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

DuckHunt wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:19 pm
I'm partial to Savage rimfires, Ruger pistols and Remington shotguns. As for rifles, whatever hits a quarter at 100y works for me and many will.

But unquestionably, by favorite gun manufacturer has to be CVA specifically for their muzzleloaders. I've taken more good bucks with a CVA muzzleloader than I have with all archery methods and rifles combined. That's hard to imagine since we get to hunt bucks for 7-8 weeks with rifles, 4-5 weeks with archery, but only two weeks with muzzleloaders. It's just that the two weeks of muzzleloader season in Virginia usually line up well with the rut.
Not quite sure of the CVA obsession, but I got bit a few times too, and ZERO regrets! .50 caliber Optima ML in Long & short arms, and a .243 handgun for serious close work!
Still not Excalibur's though! :lol: :lol:

[url=https://postimg.cc/F1FLZ04N]Image
[url=https://postimages.org/]Image
[url=https://postimg.cc/rKjgbwWB]Image
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

Shotguns it's Beretta all day:

Rifles i'm less particular and happy with my Tikkas, Sakos, Brownings, Winchesters, and Noslers. If i had to pick just one though it would be my Nosler M48 in 35 Whelen:

Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
Buzzard II

Post by Buzzard II »

Savage. They are accurate and reasonably priced. (Nothing is cheap anymore!) They can be modified for reasonable money. I have owned an M40A1 and several other sniper and target guns and really liked my Savage rifles.
Bob
THE IMMENSE IMPORTANCE OF A PINT OF ALE TO A COMMON PERSON SHOULD NEVER BE OVERLOOKED!
Buzzard II

Post by Buzzard II »

Savage. They are accurate and reasonably priced. (Nothing is cheap anymore!) They can be modified for reasonable money. I have owned an M40A1 and several other sniper and target guns and really liked my Savage rifles.
Bob
THE IMMENSE IMPORTANCE OF A PINT OF ALE TO A COMMON PERSON SHOULD NEVER BE OVERLOOKED!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Species8472 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:51 pm
Shotguns it's Beretta all day:

Rifles i'm less particular and happy with my Tikkas, Sakos, Brownings, Winchesters, and Noslers. If i had to pick just one though it would be my Nosler M48 in 35 Whelen:

Nice!!! Gotta love the Beretta!! And the .35 Whelen is a very good cartridge!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!