The Countdown

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Re: The Countdown

Post by xcaliber »

I don't know, I'm going to check before the season opens. Although archery equipment is stated, there is no specified archery season in the spring. Years ago a buddy of mine claimed youth deer hunters could take a doe during firearms season with a regular license, and he was right. The rule however was ONLY on private land. He nearly got us in big trouble! The following is copied right out of the 2022 Rules & Regulations. :crazy:

Season and Bag Limits
Spring 2022 - The spring season is April 27 - May 15, 2022. The bag limit is one bearded or male turkey for the spring season. Spring turkey hunting is allowed statewide.

Fall 2021 - The bag and possession limit for the fall seasons is one bird of either sex, regardless of hunting equipment used or what portion of the season. Fall archery season is statewide. Fall firearms season has specific dates for specific counties (see below).

Fall archery (including crossbows):
Statewide from Oct. 1-31, 2021 and Dec. 4, 2021 - Jan. 2, 2022.
Fall firearms: Oct. 20-31, 2021 in the following counties only:
Bartholomew, Brown, Clark, Clay, Crawford, Daviess, Dearborn, DeKalb, Dubois, Elkhart, Fayette, Floyd, Fountain, Franklin, Gibson, Greene, Harrison, Jackson, Jefferson, Jennings, Knox, Kosciusko, LaGrange, LaPorte, Lawrence, Marshall, Martin, Monroe, Morgan, Noble, Ohio, Orange, Owen, Parke, Perry, Pike, Posey, Putnam, Ripley, Scott, Spencer, St. Joseph, Starke, Steuben, Sullivan, Switzerland, Union, Vanderburgh, Vermillion, Vigo, Warren, Warrick, Washington
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
deadeer

Post by deadeer »

I posted it on Hunt-Indiana and was given the same link. Archery in spring season is correct, meaning yes legal. Please just make the call to the DNR to clarify. You are missing out on good hunting time if not. Just trying to help out here.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

deadeer wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:44 am
I posted it on Hunt-Indiana and was given the same link. Archery in spring season is correct, meaning yes legal. Please just make the call to the DNR to clarify. You are missing out on good hunting time if not. Just trying to help out here.
I know you are, and it greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

If legal the .410 would be awsome for you dan.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Two years ago it was illegal to use a 410 in Indiana so I bought a single shot 20 gauge. I'm trying to get as healthy as possible before the season starts, unfortunately we got bumped off the farm we had to hunt. Public Land here we come. :eusa-violin:
deadeer

Post by deadeer »

longbow joe wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:40 am
410 is legal in Indiana with #9 TSS shot now. That started last year.

#9&10 TSS also became legal in all other gauges. I killed my bird at 69yds with #9 TSS. That stuff is unreal, including the price!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

deadeer wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:48 pm
longbow joe wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:40 am
410 is legal in Indiana with #9 TSS shot now. That started last year.

#9&10 TSS also became legal in all other gauges. I killed my bird at 69yds with #9 TSS. That stuff is unreal, including the price!
Of course it is. :lol: :lol:
I read a whole bunch about turkey hunting with the 410 while I was sick. I wanted one, but found out they were not legal at the time. Oh well, what's one more gun anyway. :roll:
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Down to 78 days! We just had a real nice warm spell! It made it into the 40's. Now it's cold again. We aren't seeing turkeys like we usually do but according to the neighbors there are a couple groups around.
I'm just doing the usual Feb stuff here on homestead and thinking a lot about gobbling Tom's and trying to decide which Excal to use.
I hope everyone is well and will have an opportunity to get out their in those spring woods soon!
Take care
Hatchet
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Hatchet, we had maybe 6 birds around my house two, or three years ago. Now, we see them everywhere! They must have got the news that there is no hunting round here! :lol: :lol:
Good luck to you, and the rest of the group here. :thumbup:
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Hey Dan!!!

I bagged this one the other day. It was no problem whatsoever!!! :lol: :lol:

Actually....I am HOPING you get to make spring season!! Best time of year to hunt Turkeys, no doubt!! :thumbup:

Thinking about ya in the Piney Woods!!

Sometimes I'm "FORCED" to shoot them to keep them from stealing all the deer food!! :eusa-doh: :eusa-liar:
Go figure!! :lol:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

AJ01 wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:41 am
Hey Dan!!!

Actually....I am HOPING you get to make spring season!! Best time of year to hunt Turkeys, no doubt!! :thumbup:

Sometimes I'm "FORCED" to shoot them to keep them from stealing all the deer food!! :eusa-doh: :eusa-liar:

AJ
Mmmmmm!! and the big bottle to boot... I knew I liked you AJ... :wink:
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

What's that saying...

Go BIG or Go Home!!! :lol: :mrgreen: :eusa-dance:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

flinthead wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:50 am
AJ01 wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:41 am
Hey Dan!!!

AJ
Mmmmmm!! and the big bottle to boot... I knew I liked you AJ... :wink:
They say everything is bigger in Texas!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Andy, that's an OLD favorite for sure! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Cheers All! :wave:
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

For you guys who REALLY like to hunt "Long Beards", I'd thought I post this for y'all!! :thumbup:

Rio Grand species:
Spring Season in the north zone of Texas starts April 2nd - May15th. 2022
South Zone March 19th - May 1st. 2022

Eastern's
April22 - May 14th 2022.

BTW....these are Rio's!! :thumbup: