Hunting Plans 2022

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Hunting Plans 2022

Post by xcaliber »

Well so far we're hunting public land where we have good success every year for doe. That will fill my freezer since the kids are moved out. I did purchase a new bow, and have a few newer models in the stable as well, but I'm going to hunt with my Eclipse XT and Hybrids from Swat in the fixed position. I am going to try to video my hunts this fall, and hope all of you, and myself enjoy great success this fall!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Hatchet

Re: Hunting Plans 2022

Post by Hatchet »

We plan on hunting our tiny orchard up back. We reclaimed this area from a grown up mess a few years back and this year the apple trees have produced a good pile of apples. I also planned some beets, radishes, turnips and random garden vegetables. We have a couple deer using it regularly and the turkeys come by quite often to.
We also plan to hunt another orchard not far from here. Saw lots of deer there last year but couldn't get in range with enough daylight to take a shot. This year we plan on going a bit closer to the bedding area in hopes of ambushing one on its way to the apples.

Looking forward to some epic hunting stories from the expert storytellers here on the forum.
Good luck out there everyone! :D
Corey
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Hatchet wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:36 pm
We plan on hunting our tiny orchard up back. We reclaimed this area from a grown up mess a few years back and this year the apple trees have produced a good pile of apples. I also planned some beets, radishes, turnips and random garden vegetables. We have a couple deer using it regularly and the turkeys come by quite often to.
We also plan to hunt another orchard not far from here. Saw lots of deer there last year but couldn't get in range with enough daylight to take a shot. This year we plan on going a bit closer to the bedding area in hopes of ambushing one on its way to the apples.

Looking forward to some epic hunting stories from the expert storytellers here on the forum.
Good luck out there everyone! :D
Corey
Sounds like COSTCO for Critters! :lol: :lol:
You need some persimmons too! :eusa-popcorn:
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I'm hoping to do some bow hunting in Nov and Dec in between the 3 muzzleloader seasons.

I'll be busy finishing up major home renovations for my daughter from now l until end of October.

The sacrifices parents have to do to help our kids move out!!! Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Dan I'm looking forward to seeing the videos of your smiling face with a dead deer at your feet!! :thumbup:

Corey, I'd hunt that orchard like I stole it!! :lol: I wish you and yours all the luck y'all can stand!! :eusa-clap:

And Jeff, ain't it the truth. :roll: My youngest is now 29. Seems like only yesterday she was calling me and wanting me to come fix something at her home in Dallas.
Oh wait!!! It was!!! :lol: :lol:

Already been to South Texas. No luck on Nilgai, but a great time. Now I'm just waiting on opening morning of bow season on October 1st!! :eusa-dance:

Everyone stay SAFE out there!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Colton and I drew out on a whitetail hunt at Aransas National Wildlife Refuge starting the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Hoping got opportunity at some quality deer. Other than that I’ll be hunting Corp of Eng land around Lake Whitney. I also drew out on a javelina hunt at Chaparral Wildlife Management area in February. It is south of Cotulla, in the “ Golden Triangle”. The four of us have hunted together for many years snd it always is a good time. Wishing all of you the best!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:16 pm
Colton and I drew out on a whitetail hunt at Aransas National Wildlife Refuge starting the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Hoping got opportunity at some quality deer. Other than that I’ll be hunting Corp of Eng land around Lake Whitney. I also drew out on a javelina hunt at Chaparral Wildlife Management area in February. It is south of Cotulla, in the “ Golden Triangle”. The four of us have hunted together for many years snd it always is a good time. Wishing all of you the best!
Ah yes, go past Cotulla and hang a right at the sign that says Artesia Wells!!!! :lol:
Lake Whitney? Man, I have Smallmouth and Striper fished that lake a ton!! Great lake!

Hope y'all have GREAT luck on y'all's trips!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Boo

Post by Boo »

My food plot is doing ok and the kill plot is doing better. But the way things are going, I don’t think I’ll get out until November.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Boo wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:21 pm
My food plot is doing ok and the kill plot is doing better. But the way things are going, I don’t think I’ll get out until November.
I don't like to hunt on bad days anymore Don. That is of course 2nd to anything life throws our way. Good luck on your first hunt, those seem to be lucky for us old guys! :lol: :lol:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

AJ01 wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:34 am
Dan I'm looking forward to seeing the videos of your smiling face with a dead deer at your feet!! :thumbup:

Corey, I'd hunt that orchard like I stole it!! :lol: I wish you and yours all the luck y'all can stand!! :eusa-clap:

And Jeff, ain't it the truth. :roll: My youngest is now 29. Seems like only yesterday she was calling me and wanting me to come fix something at her home in Dallas.
Oh wait!!! It was!!! :lol: :lol:

Already been to South Texas. No luck on Nilgai, but a great time. Now I'm just waiting on opening morning of bow season on October 1st!! :eusa-dance:

Everyone stay SAFE out there!! :thumbup:
I hope to see lots of success stories from you all! It's Church for me sometimes!
janesy

Post by janesy »

I don't have any real plans last year, for a few reasons I put off my house build until Spring, so I have time all of a sudden.
I didn't hunt at all this past season. I've got a bear barrel out that getting hit by a mom and cubs. I have joined a rifle deer camp a couple hours North of me for the first week of November, So that will be fun. I can sure use the get away time. My local farms are always active with deer, but I don't know. It's not that I'm not motivated, but after last year it's kinda nice to just not have a plan, which is totally bass akwards for me. I've had a plan my whole life lol.

Oh and I turned 40, so if I don't write it down I can't remember the plan anyways :eusa-popcorn:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

janesy wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:54 am

Oh and I turned 40, so if I don't write it down I can't remember the plan anyways :eusa-popcorn:
Oh and I have KIDS that old!!! :wtf: :shock: :lol:
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

janesy wrote:
I don't have any real plans last year, for a few reasons I put off my house build until Spring, so I have time all of a sudden.
I didn't hunt at all this past season. I've got a bear barrel out that getting hit by a mom and cubs. I have joined a rifle deer camp a couple hours North of me for the first week of November, So that will be fun. I can sure use the get away time. My local farms are always active with deer, but I don't know. It's not that I'm not motivated, but after last year it's kinda nice to just not have a plan, which is totally bass akwards for me. I've had a plan my whole life lol.

Chris, really 40?
you are just a young punk :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

40? I can't remember that far back! :lol: :lol:
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

janesy wrote:

Daughter turns 40 in about a week.😂😂